“Fantastic service, great value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Manhattan Beach, CA
“Fantastic service, great value”
Reviewed 4 November 2007

We came in late and were leaving early the next morning. Even though we were not able to use all of the facilities, we could see there were plenty. Free internet, free printer, free gym, free breakfast... amazing. What was even better was the staff. Since we were leaving too early to have the breakfast, the two staff members made us a breakfast to go. This was truly beyond the call of duty.

Everything was clean in its place. The halls, rooms, bathrooms, and lobby. Would high recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank randyy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 October 2007

We stayed here for a mini vacation to Busch Gardens, Which we had booked through the Busch Gardens website. We were very happy. The Hotel was clean, the staff was nice. The breakfest was the best, I was surprised by bacon and sausage and a Waffle Iron.
The room where clean, down comforter was nice and warm, sheets were clean, internet acess was available through wireless or a wired connection for Free. I couldn't get a wifi signal, but the wired in room box worked great, I was able to keep up with my Fantasy Football. While eating breakfest one morning a staff member offered and gave us some coupons to the a local resteraunt for free kids meals it was a welecome surprise. Lots of good places to eat close by, the Movie Theatre is pretty close for a walk, but I would suggest a drive. Busch Garden was about 20mins away Just get on Briuce down and head southwest....
I would definately go back to the Wingate when I go back to Tampa

• Liked — Breakfest an service A++++
  • Disliked — cable did not have more childrens channels
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank altima98
Indiana
Reviewed 3 October 2007

My fiance and I were in Tampa visiting family and we decided to stay at the Wingate. We were very pleased with our stay. Once we arrived the staff members were very friendly and upbeat and they took the time to talk to us about the hotel's accomadations which included a free breakfast, a workout room with a whirlpool and also the business center.

The business center was great! There was never a wait to use the computers and that was definitely convenient for us. It felt like we were at home!

The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was very good as well. I think we were expecting "typical" hotel breakfast food like small cereal boxes and milk but they really had a large selection of food and drinks so we were pleasently surprised.

We really had a great stay and would definitely stay during our next visit to sunny Tampa!

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Design80
Strawberry Plains
Reviewed 13 May 2007

Overall this hotel was very nice. We stayed here on our visit to my graduation at Saint Leo University and we also went to Busch Gardens. This hotel was in a good location for both. First of all I am very picky, when entering a hotel room I usually go straight to the bathroom and check it for hair, etc. This hotel was very clean and the beds were nice and had good quality sheets and bedding. I used the exercise room, which was a little small and would have been overcrowded if more than a few people were in it, but it met my needs just fine. The pool was clean and water temp for May was great, the chairs poolside could be of better quality, but they were usable. The breakfast was very good for a free breakfast, they had omlets everyday along with cereals, variety of breads and bagels and waffles you can make yourself. The only problem if you could call it that was on Sat. morning it was very crowded and they kept running out of food faster then they could replace it so you had to wait a bit for it, but it was a reasonable amount of time. The only thing I didn't like was going to the front desk, on several different trips of walking by or asking a question, they were talking badly about guest and laughing and upon checking my id, the clerk told me that I had a cheesy smile in my picture, which I felt was rude. It made you not want to ask questions because you didn't know what they would say next or about you when you left. This was on check-in and on Sat. It was the same clerks. The other clerks on Sun & Mon seemed very nice and helped with directions to Busch Gardens and also the beach (which is about 50 min away) Overall the hotel was very nice and if we were in the area we would stay there again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank utdr31
Stuart
Reviewed 7 May 2007

I have been staying at the Wingate Inn New Tampa for years. The staff goes out of their way to make our stay pleasurable. They have a great happy hour with complimentary wine and beer. In passing one day I commented that they didn’t have Budweiser Select and that it was my favorite. Sure enough the following week they had it, and ever since they always make sure they have some for me. Somehow I also seem to receive complimentary upgrades without even asking. The staff is very professional and friendly. Any time I’m traveling in Tampa this is the only place I stay.

It’s my home away from home.

• Liked — The beds and the Staff
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank pnltykilr
Sarasota
Reviewed 3 May 2007

This hotel was simply wonderful!

As a constant business traveller, I spend most of my time living out of a suitcase moving from one average hotel to the next. However, my stay at the Wingate Inn was one of the most comfortable & convenient stays I have had in a long time.

At check-in, I was offered a cold bottle of water and friendly conversation with the manager, Eric.

The guest room was incredibly spacious - a refrigerator, a microwave, & a safe in the room. And the room was CLEAN!!!!!

The breakfast spread in the morning was overwhelming - eggs, bacon, fresh bread, & best of all, make your own waffles. Delicious!

But, most of all - the staff was amazing! From the housekeepers that greeted me in the halls, to the breakfast attendant, Rodrigo. The entire staff seems overwhelmingly committed to guest happiness! Well Done, Eric! Please pass along my praise to your staff.

There is no doubt that I will be back, because I have already booked my next reservation.

• Liked — The Warm Environment
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business