“What a Pleasant Surprise!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #11 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We moved to this hotel at the last minute because of an unpleasant experience at a previous hotel . We were so pleased and surprised at the uniqueness of the hotel. It has gone through a recent remodel and is colorful, spacious and charming. The staff, Jackie, David and Jessica were very caring and fully interested in making our stay pleasant. Our room on the first floor had high ceilings and was beautifully decorated. It was also very clean and quiet. The bed was excellent. The breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: We loved the 1st floor room because of the high ceilings.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear PhBell,

We at La Quinta Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your kind comments. It was a pleasure checking in with you both on a daily basis to see what was on your agenda, besides your visits to the Yankee spring training.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Here for you!

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hidden behind contructionlanes past I-75 I was delighted to stay ant this newly renovated La Quinta, I only wish all my La Quinta stays were as good as this one was. Great hotel, large clean rooms, a 3 star price for 4 star hotel. The only problem was the parking was a bit scarce and the hotel was not at full capacity so that might be a problem during the turist season. Overall I look forward to staying at that hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear DJCabal,

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that although we are a little hidden due to all the construction happening, you as well as many other of our valued guest have been able to find us.

The project is moving rapidly, and we have since noticed our hotel is much more visible!

Your comments are greatly appreciated and value your loyalty to La Quinta. We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Room was spacious and clean, and bed extremely comfortable. Even though it is right off I-75 exit, noise level was minimal. Breakfast looked yummy but did not take advantage of it--but coffee was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsy H
Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Betsy,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.

Your compliments are so greatly appreciated and we certainly look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Arrived around 3 p.m., and were told our rooms were not quite ready. We only had to wait about 15 minutes. We took a short, pleasant walk at a nearby nature park that the front desk clerk told us about while we waited. The personnel were all pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast the next day was pretty much the standard fare that other hotels offer. Easy access to the highway, and lots of stores and places to eat nearby. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room at the end of a hall for more quiet and privacy. (No one above you, or run...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJRACCOON
Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear JJRaccoon,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

The nearby park is absolutely a beautful scenery, I'm glad the front desk personnel gave you great recommendations, while we prepared your room.

We thank you for business and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We planned a last minute visit for a family emergency and I picked this hotel based on the reviews and amenities. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful, Jessica was who checked us in was very pleasant, she called us after we checked in to make sure everything was ok with our room. The suite we had was spacious, clean and very nicely decorated. The housekeeping was also very nice even checked in later with us to make sure we had everything we needed. Also the location was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear loL05,

We at the La Quinta want to thank you for your most recent stay. Although you found yourself in a most vulnerable moment, I am glad to hear that we were here for you during that time.

Your comments are so much appreciated and I'll make sure to tell Jessica how great she was, as well as the cleaning crew.

We value your business and if ever in the area, please know you have a home here.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Can you say simply marvelous. We travel a lot and in all our hotel stays taking Disney hotels out of the equation this was AMAZING! Tucked in a quite corner off of 75 super quite and beyond clean. The rooms oh my goodness what an awesome night sleep in those beds so comfortable. We were greeted at check in with a gift bag of a few snacks such a nice touch. Breakfast super yummy with something different each morning if our two night stay. Thank you La Quinta new tampa for your excellence. The only place we will stay when we visit Tampa!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Jaslea 12,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear that your recent stay was a pleasant one. We are committed to making sure everyone who walks in feels right at home.

Gald you enjoyed our breakfast and our comfy beds! Again thank you for your kind comments, we will see you soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having stayed at this hotel in the years past when it was a Wingate for our annual guys golf trip, I was looking forward to the renovations and great service. One night of our 8 night stay we returned to our room to find that housekeeping had not cleaned our room or left clean fresh towels. We contacted the front desk and followed the female staff member to the laundry room and she was surprised to find no clean towels. She had to go to an unused room to get clean towels and stated she would leave a note about the uncleaned room. The next morning we talked to the front desk and the young man was unaware of the problem. After breakfast he informed us that according to the housekeeping log that the room was cleaned and questioned if we had put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. He was informed that there was no such sign in our room or put on the door. Also, a minor issue was the last of the Kleenex was used one morning and we returned that afternoon, the empty box was gone but a new box was not replaced. The next day a new box was left in the bathroom.
A suggestion for the breakfast area would be to change the uncomfortable stuffed chairs and small round side tables with actual dining tables. During the weekend, when the hotel was full and breakfast area very busy, guests had to hold their breakfast plates in their hands while putting their drinks on the small side tables. It certainly didn't look comfortable to try and eat a breakfast.
On the positive side the room was great, comfortable and clean. The bed was awesome!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick S

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the encountered issues mentioned from our housekeeping department. My team is well aware of what occurred and will make every attempt to avoid such inconveniences as mentioned.

Thank you for your comments and opinions, we're delighted you've visited us again this year and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Here for you!