“Remodeled, clean, quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Remodeled, clean, quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at LaQuinta on Dona Michelle for a work related three week stay. I was welcomed warmly by the staff and checked in quickly. The hotel itself is very nicely decorated, in a clean, modern style. The hotel is situated just off I75 t Bruce B Downs, but it's tucked away off the main road. When I got to the room you couldn't hear the highway, or much of anything, the hotel is very qyuiet and peaceful. The room itself was large and clean, with a comfortable king bed, sleeper sofa, chair, desk, microwave and mini fridge. The LED TV was very sharp and had lots of channels, including HBO and golf channel. There are always too many pillows and an oversized comforter that I see no need for in Florida hotels, you have to keep the air at 70 to sleep with it. Breakfast is quit nice, with eggs every day, sausage or bacon, cereals, waffle maker, 24 hour coffee that's pretty good. Again the staff was very nice, especially the breakfast lady, she presented breakfast very nicely and worked very hard to keep the area clean and the food fresh. The hotel is easy walking distance to a Ruby Tuesday, Fridays, Boston Market, Starbucks, movie theater, and my favorite Petra Cafe, with Jordanian owners, get a chicken schwarma and salad, delicious!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Warren H
Jackie_Laquinta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Warren H

Thank you for taking the time out to tell myself and The La Quinta Inn & Suites staff on how amazing your recent stay was. Yes it is true our hotel has all that you have mentioned and we are very overwhelmed that you have noticed everything and enjoyed it We look forward seeing you on your next visit and I am sure Petra Cafe will also. Thank you for review on our hotel.

"Here For You'

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was our third year in a row staying at this location (used to be the Wingate) when we vacation in Tampa. The staff is always friendly and helpful, rooms are nice and the breakfast is great. My complaint is that we had to keep asking for extra bath towels. I always thought housekeeping knew ahead of time how many people were staying in each room. I would also recommend putting in new toilet seats when completing a renovation. The old looking toilet seat with a renovated room did not go over well. Other than that, I would recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackie_Laquinta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear jimtheslim

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your recent stay here in Tampa Florida at The La Quinta Inn & Suites. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not having extra towels in the room . We do appreciate the compliments on the staff and the property. Thank you for your review and we look forward on seeing you on your next trip down to Tampa Florida

Bethel, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Read reviews on trip advisor and decided to book room from hospital online were my mother was transferred. Easy to find. Walked in to a smiling welcoming young lady. It had been a long stressful day at hospital and I asked about pool. She said that she was on until 11pm and I could enjoy it till then if I wanted. Pool was heated and very relaxing. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were very nice. Best stay after a hard day. Next morning woke to good coffee, juice and eggs with sausage besides many other options.
Would stay again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dawn R

The La Quinta Inn & Suites and I Would like to thank you for taking your time out to let us here know about your wonderful stay. We are here to take the stress off of you and to make your stay and enjoyable and memorable one as well. We look forward on seeing you on your next trip to Tampa, Florida

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We always stay at this LaQuinta when in Tampa which is about twice a month. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Rooms are always clean. The location is convenient to major highways and restaurants. We love this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jackie_Laquinta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Richard P,

Thank you for taking the time out to let us here at The La Quinta Inn & Suites know about your previous stay. We are always excited to hear about great stays and our staff. Thank you for acknowledging or staff and hotel. We will see you on your next two stays here in Tampa.

' Here For You'

Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were visiting friends in the tampa area,and this was the nearest hotel to where we were going,booked it through hotels.com.this hotel is ideally located just of the I 75,the hotel is really nice,clean well maintained,the room we had was on the second floor,and was huge,clean,and the bed was superb,great nights sleep.every member of staff at the hotel were extremely nice,well mannered,and could do enough for you.
I would like to mention especially David who greeted us at the front desk when we arrived,we had a problem with the wi-if and he sorted it out in 2 minutes,this guy is an absolute credit to the hotel,and I wish other hotels had an employee like him,he was always cheerfull,well mannered,and could not do enough to make our stay more welcome.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again,and would defiantly recommend it........get booked up.....

Room Tip: Get one at the rear looking into the woods,great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jimbo057,

Thank you for letting myself and The La Quinta Inn & Suites know about your recent stay here. David is a great person with an outstanding personality. We are glad to here that you enjoyed your stay and that David left great impression. Our goal is to provide excellent service and we have. Thank you for your wonderful compliment on the hotel and the entire staff

'Here For You'

Warner Robins, Gabon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Another trip to Florida. This time to watch the daughter graduate from college. We chose the LaQuinta on Dona Michelle Drive. A new hotel in the chain for us. I was very surprised to see a rooster when I drove up. He lives there. Breakfast is always hot and tasty. We did have a problem with the plumbing (it's a new hotel so maybe a construction issue?) but the staff moved us to a new room and compensated our stay. I love staying at LaQuinta. The staff are always friendly, the rooms spotless, and the beds comfy. Free wifi doesn't hurt either.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jackie_Laquinta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Brad C,

The La Quinta Team and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We are happy to hear that your stay with us was a great one especially during a great celebration of your daughters graduation. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family in the hear future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I found the room clean, very comfortable, and well decorated. Very impressed with staff as well. I stayed here two years ago and the renovations are fantastic. I will definitely be staying here in the future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jackie_Laquinta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Justin B,

Thank you for review our hotel. YES we had a complete renovation and it is great to hear that you see the BIG change in our property. The La Quinita Inn Staff is always available and willing to go above and beyond for YOU our guest,. We are looking forward to seeing you again really soon,

Here For You,