“Sam the Chicken”

Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
crestview, FL
“Sam the Chicken”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at this property back in April. Very nice. Freshly remodeled. The rooms in the back of the property have a very nice natural view (no buildings). The view out the window could almost be a painting with its tropical look. The staff was very nice and attentive. We have kids and we slept in a little late and they re-opened the breakfast and we got to eat--definitely went above and beyond.

There is a very friendly rooster that appears to have adopted this as his home. He struts around the parking lot almost like he is making sure you enjoy your stay. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Laquinta_Tampa, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Hortman12,

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here at The La Quinta Inn & Suites. We do appreciate you taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. We see that you met (SAM) rooster that has been here for about 4 years now. I am also happy to hear that we went above and beyond to make sure that you and your family have a great breakfast. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
West Point, GA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

You would think this hotel had just opened! Hotel was totally remodeled and our room was beautiful! Staff was excellent and even called to be sure our accommodations were good and to see if we needed anything. The evening manager was very friendly and helpful and recommended great restaurants less than 5 miles away. Great nights sleep! Big plus--hotel is 100% smoke free!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gammie1,

The La Quinta Inn & Suites and I would like to say " Thank You' for your kind words and acknowledgement of our wonderful property. I am glad that we were able to recommend you to some great restaurants that are in our area. We hope to see you again soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel is very clean and staff is attentive and helpful. Relatively quiet in the hotel. Beds are comfortable. I'd prefer to do without the bathroom soap and shampoo - seems kind of cheap - however I always bring my own anyway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Laquinta_Tampa, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear AShellyS,

Thank you for taking the time out to let tell us about your most recent stay here at The La Quinta Inn & Suites. We are " Here For You' ready to go above and beyond for you and all your needs, thank you for staying with us and enjoying your stay. Hope to see you soon.

Jacksonville,Fl
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed 6/4/14 clean nice rooms . Wonderful staff . The pool was clean and refreshing . Breakfast was very good .My husband and I really enjoyed our stay .David at the front desk went out of his way to make us feel so welcome and even had a cork screw for us to borrow .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Laquinta_Tampa, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Jacksonville-7

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. it's always a pleasure to know that we are taking care of our guests. David is a motivated front desk agent who goes above and beyond for all our guest. We hope to see you soon .

Here For you

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Selected this hotel as a central location for where I needed to be that weekend. Found out it had been built under a different brand and had only recently become a La Quinta. VERY nice touches - beautiful hotel, attractive areas, nice rooms which had everything in it you needed. Only faults were mega-tiny bathrooms and spotty internet access - both of which have become annoyingly common traits of La Quinta. But good value, great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thomas W,

Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay here at The La Quinta Inn & Suites. I would like to apologize about the internet connection, and we will have that working properly on your next visit. On the other hand we are happy that you enjoyed of property and the location of it as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tampa, Florida.

Naples, FL
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed for a softball tournament. The gentleman (totally forgot his name) who greeted us at the desk was very friendly and we say him many times over the 2 nights we were there. The room was clean with plenty of room. The breakfast area was spotless. Breakfast was okay and what you'd expect. Wi-fi service kind of came and went often but no big deal for us. This hotel is very conveniently located near restaurants, stores and our favorite...Dunkin Donuts. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear gateshav

The La Quinta Inn & Suites and I would like to thank you for previously staying with us and taking the time out to tell us about your stay. I do apologize about the internet going in and out, on your next visit that should be resolved. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the local store and close by restaurants. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I never ever write a review, but I was compelled to write one this time. A group of us stayed at La Quinta for our daughter's softball tournament. I have to give a big "shout out" (compliment) to Christopher (dont' know his last name). He was amazing and exceeded our customer expectations!!! He was professional, prompt and very focused on our needs, he went as far as loaning my teenager a charger for her phone and we all know a teenager without a charged phone can be very dangerous!! LOL.

The rooms were beautiful, the furniture was so cute and most importantly the place was very clean. I would recommend this hotel and we are planning to stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Laquinta_Tampa, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Leesonet,

It was a pleasure having you and The Sunrise Thunder Garcia Woman's Softball Team here. Thank you so much for your kind words and noticing my professionalism, I love what i do and i am grateful for having a wonder staff and management team here that goes above and beyond for their guest. Tell you daughters i said hello and thank you. Hopefully on your next visit you will stay here.