“Lots of good features and comfort”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #9 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This was a Bidding for Good Charity purchase. The hotel has a nice pool that is really warm (so many pools are supposedly heated but are cold) and a nice indoor large spa tub. I had requested an accessible room and it was spacious and well equiped. The hotel offers a nice breakfast buffet, and a complementary happy hour of wine and beer and snacks. I spoke with the manager and he was very gracious. A good stay - sorry it was only one night. I don't know the Tampa area well, but this place calls itself "New Tampa" and is north of the city but on major roads.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2010

Second to last night of our road trip, and night like this you wonder why you splurge on the fancy places. Great staff, free breakfast, lovely room, restaurants over the (busy) highway - but definitely walking distance.

Really, really great. Full marks!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2010

For the price and accommodations, this hotel was fabulous. They have free breakfast and free happy hour m-th. The front desk guy was awesome to my friends and I. He even offered us drinks when happy hour was over. COMPLETELY accommodating. I was in Tampa for my wedding in Clearwater. The only thing that stinks is that this hotel wasn't downtown, but it's my fault I didn't look more closely into that. Either way, extremely satisfied with the service I received here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Very impressed with the staff at this hotel. Check-in went smoothly. Front desk offered us drinks upon our arrival. We booked this hotel because it was rated #2 on TripAdvisor and it was the best deal for a Busch Gardens ticket and hotel package. The hotel was about a 15 minute drive from Busch Gardens, which we did not mind. There were a lot of restaurants nearby. Hotel was very clean and the breakfast was nice. The indoor hot tub was a nice feature too. We booked a King Suite with a pull out sofa bed. Room had a free safe, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Free wireless internet throughout the hotel was a big plus too! The hotel is surrounded by lush foliage for added privacy. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

It looks more like a 4*. Hotel is very good in general, and the most important is very clean. It's about 15 minutes driving to/from Bush Gardens. . The only thing to improve for me is the breakfast, adding ham and cheese and that's it, perfect!!!.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank SCASTRO
Reviewed 1 September 2010

From the time we checked in, to the time we checked out, we were amazed by this hotel!! Not really knowing what we were getting into, we selected this hotel to spend our honeymoon in. What a treat ! Every employee, from the front desk, to housekeeping, even the cook and assistant manager, we ran into went above and beyond in taking care of us. Not only were they full of advice, they actually took the time to talk to us as people, getting to know our likes and dislikes. We were even surprised with a basket of chocolate!! Chocolate that we had mentioned to the week day cook were our favorites!! Everyone went above and beyond in making our stay memorable!! Even loaning us an umbrella for everyday it rained!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Hotel was extremely clean and staff was attentive and really friendly. Keep up the fantastic job and we will be backto visit!!!