“Exceptional value for money”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Merseyside, England
“Exceptional value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

...a really lovely hotel, everything was above par except the attitude of the guy at the front desk who saw fit to reprimand me for daring to book through a third party instead of direct with the brand....why allow the hotel to be sold by agents if they don't want people to book through them???? - next time I'm in Tampa I will try somewhere else just for this reason alone....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank helen68
GM-New-Tampa, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 22 December 2010
Dear Miss Helen:
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel titled "Exceptional value for money". Your comments are helpful to us. I do want to apologize that a member of our staff did not perform up to our expectations regarding how you booked your reservation. We have used your review as 'coaching opportunity' and thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,
Greg T. (GM)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

Had a 30 day stay due to home repairs and it turned out to be the closest thing to being in our home. What a great experience ! The hotel, amenities and location were fantastic but the real difference maker was THE STAFF !!! From General Manager Greg Trigilia to front desk and kitchen staff , Hany, Sheila ,Greg ,Juliana and Lisa and all the entire staff , we were made to feel as if we were the only people staying at the hotel ! It was the attention to our personal comfort that made the month away from home seem like a well planned vacation. It was that " whatever you need and sincere friendliness" that has us recommending Wingate Tampa North , your home away from home !!!!!! Doug and Sandy Claxton

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

This was a Bidding for Good Charity purchase. The hotel has a nice pool that is really warm (so many pools are supposedly heated but are cold) and a nice indoor large spa tub. I had requested an accessible room and it was spacious and well equiped. The hotel offers a nice breakfast buffet, and a complementary happy hour of wine and beer and snacks. I spoke with the manager and he was very gracious. A good stay - sorry it was only one night. I don't know the Tampa area well, but this place calls itself "New Tampa" and is north of the city but on major roads.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Second to last night of our road trip, and night like this you wonder why you splurge on the fancy places. Great staff, free breakfast, lovely room, restaurants over the (busy) highway - but definitely walking distance.

Really, really great. Full marks!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Chesterton, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

For the price and accommodations, this hotel was fabulous. They have free breakfast and free happy hour m-th. The front desk guy was awesome to my friends and I. He even offered us drinks when happy hour was over. COMPLETELY accommodating. I was in Tampa for my wedding in Clearwater. The only thing that stinks is that this hotel wasn't downtown, but it's my fault I didn't look more closely into that. Either way, extremely satisfied with the service I received here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

Very impressed with the staff at this hotel. Check-in went smoothly. Front desk offered us drinks upon our arrival. We booked this hotel because it was rated #2 on TripAdvisor and it was the best deal for a Busch Gardens ticket and hotel package. The hotel was about a 15 minute drive from Busch Gardens, which we did not mind. There were a lot of restaurants nearby. Hotel was very clean and the breakfast was nice. The indoor hot tub was a nice feature too. We booked a King Suite with a pull out sofa bed. Room had a free safe, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Free wireless internet throughout the hotel was a big plus too! The hotel is surrounded by lush foliage for added privacy. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

It looks more like a 4*. Hotel is very good in general, and the most important is very clean. It's about 15 minutes driving to/from Bush Gardens. . The only thing to improve for me is the breakfast, adding ham and cheese and that's it, perfect!!!.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends