“Dan Lively -- Front Drive Westin Harbour Island”

The Westin Tampa Waterside
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Hats off to one of the finest valet / doorman I have ever encountered. He exemplifies the meaning of the term quality employee. Prompt, courteous, with a great attitide. The Westin should be proud to have him as one of their employees. It was a crazy week during the Republican Convention at the end of August but Dan and the other guys were cool under pressure.

Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Glenn L
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Glenn L!

It is absolute delight to hear that Dan was able to exceed your expectations during your stay for the RNC!

We hope that your travels back to Tampa bring you back to visit us here at the Westin!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Tampa Waterside

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We were in town for a few days to see the Buccaneers game on Sunday, September 30th.

Upon arrival on Saturday afternoon, this was mentioned to the Front Desk Supervisor Lauren.

When we returned from dinner that evening we were pleasantly surprised with a goody basket and nice note welcoming us to the hotel.

This was an unexpected surprise and demonstrated the commitment your staff shows to the overall customer experience.

In addition, we experienced an unexpected circumstance where my son fell ill that evening. We called down to the front desk and asked for a new set of sheets and towels as he had gotten sick in bed. Your staff responded promptly and provided everything we requested and helped to make the bed as well.

We wanted to thank you, Lauren, and the rest of your staff for the exceptional service provided to us. While the weekend did not turn out as we had hoped, it was salvaged by the attentiveness of your staff.

Thank you for making our stay as pleasurable as possible.

Room Tip: All rooms have a tremendous view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob H
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for your gracious comments about your stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Rob H!

Our entire staff is delighted to know that you and your family felt special during your stay. The Westin staff strives to provide each of our guests with a personal experience that has them leave us feeling special because they are! Best wishes to your son, we hope he is feeling better!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Hope you find this well. I haven't gotten this kind of "A+" treatment in a long time at a hotel. Even with a room change Benny was able to get me a room and overly exerted himself to make sure that I was well taken care of. I did not care much for the room change but could not stop from thinking about the customer service and polite gestures I was given. I even got a call from Winnelle Dear to make certain that I was doing well. I will definitely recommend this to friends and family when I get back to New Jersey.

A thankful guest

Room Tip: Near the water
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NerleyL

Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Nerley L!

It was a pleasure to provide with the kind of service that we only had hoped to have provided. Benny and Winnelle are absolutely delighted to know that under unforeseen circumstances they were able to accommodate you so well! Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you, your friends and family in the future!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a high school reunion and got a very nice group rate. Our room on the 12th floor had a great view of downtown Tampa and the hotel is close to many attractions and restaurants. Nice beds with great linens and sheets. Very nice and helpful staff.

My only gripe is that they charge $12.95 for wireless access in your room but provide it for free in the lobby. They need to get with the times. Even low end hotels these days have free wi-fi. It would not prevent me from staying at the hotel again but it is annoying.

Great valet staff.

Room Tip: View at either side of hotel is great. One side overlooks the city and the other overlooks Davis Isl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunlouie
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island sunlouie!

We are so very happy that you and your fellow classmates joined us h
ere at the Westin for such a wonderful occasion! The views from our rooms truly showcase the beauty of Tampa and it is a delight to know you were able to enjoy!

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

From the moment I checked in I was greeted with a friendly, informative, and delightful staff. Coy Nuzum at the front desk truly made my experience memorable by switching our room upon arrival to an even better view than we had planned. He gave great recommendations on restaurants, travel, site seeing, etc. The room was beautiful and we enjoyed toasting to wine and cheese in our gorgeous room with a beautiful water view at sunset. I would love to go back and I can only say Coy as well as the other staff members/waiters/bar tenders/etc all made my trip more memorable. Thank you Coy! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie S

Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Laurie S!

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the view of the beautiful downtown Tampa area! Coy and the rest of the staff are egger to provide our guests with the type of service that allows our guests to reach their potential during their stay! Your kind words have been shared with our entire staff!

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

The staff at Westin Tampa Harbour Island are second to none. I have stayed there several times and I always find the staff to be accommodating and personable. The views of the Harbour are great and the close proximity to Channel Side offers more than enough choices for dining and entertainment.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Tampa.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island robert r!

It our pleasure to have you as our guest! Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments as they have been shared with our entire staff.

Our entire staff hopes to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

The staff here is one of the best that I've ever experienced, and I just can't say enough good things about them. Every one of the staff members that I encountered was incredibly nice, helpful and eager to please. I would hire any one of them in a heartbeat for a position dealing with the public. If they have so much as a single mediocre team member, they must keep him/her hidden from the public.

We had a class reunion over the weekend, with about 100 people attending. Being on the committee, I got plenty of feedback, as usual. When you have that many people attending, you can pretty well count on at least a few malcontents complaining about something. Well, I'm pleased to say that I got a lot of good comments on both the staff and the food, without a single negative comment about either. If you've ever organized a sizable function, you know that that, in itself, is pretty amazing.

We had a buffet get-together on Friday night and a buffet / dance on Saturday night. Everything ran very smoothly both nights. On Saturday night, they provided a nice big stage that fit a 7-piece group comfortably, and a nice big wooden dance floor.

The only reason that I didn't give this place five stars is because of some maintenance needs that the building has. That being said, they have already made major improvements to the property, and are working to tweak the rest. The most noticeable thing is that some of the carpet is, shall we say, a bit past its prime, and not what you expect to find in such a nice facility. The good news is that the new carpeting has been selected and is on its way. Now, as another indicator of just what a stellar staff they have, everyone seemed to agree that the staff was so fine that they more than made up for some of the carpeting being a bit funky looking.

Overall, it is a nice facility, tastefully well-appointed, and kept nice and clean. Everyone enjoyed their stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place. From our initial planning stages through check-out, we couldn't have asked for better people to deal with. There are plenty of nice facilities to choose from in the area, but we decided upon this one because of the staff, and we're glad that we did. Everyone from housekeeping through management shone brightly.

Did I mention that they have an exceptional staff ?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for your amazing comments about the Westin Tampa Harbour Island mseanv!

Our entire staff is so very pleased to know that you and your reunion enjoyed the hospitality that each and every one of our staff members take pride in providing to each and every one of our guests.

We are happy that you choose us for such a special occasion and we hope that you choose us again in the future!