“Could be better”

Ranked #58 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Could be better”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here two nights for a work conference. The room was extremely comfortable and clean. The rest of the experience was lacking. Only one of two restaurants was open with a very limited selection and very overpriced. There was a charge for WIFI in any but the main areas. Pool was small and hard to locate...no map at check in..no signs...and unusual location..requires its own elevator from the third floor. Pool bar closes early. Gym was very small. Overall I would stay here again only if I needed to do something in this particular hotel. Take a walk around the surrounding areas which are beautiful...in a marina area and check out "That's Amore" restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, Angela M! We would love to hear more feedback from you and learn what we could have done to make your experience better! At your convennience, please contact us, we would love to speak with you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this hotel for 1 night for a wedding. The wedding was gorgeous and a ton of fun! The wedding coordinator was very nice and accommodating. I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable wedding I've ever attended! Big kudos to the coordinator that worked with Sami and Forrest :)
As for the room, I checked in early and was given a third floor room because it was the only thing available. I wasn't there for the view so I didn't mind but I can say that the view was horrendous. So if you care about that, ask for a higher room. Mitch who checked me in was very professional and offered for me to wait for a higher floor but the groomsmen were using one of my rooms to get ready in so I needed the early check in.
The reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is because my room did not have a coffee maker in the room at all. I called service express and they said they'd send one immediately. An hour or so later, I asked the front desk about it and still nothing. A few hours later, I called again and finally someone delivered it. They simply handed it to me. I was unable to plug it in behind the heavy cabinet so ended up having to plug it in on the bedside table. I also did not have a robe in the room but got that when I ask.
Overall, it was a good stay but there were some obvious oversights.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wanderlustjourney
Thank you for staying with us, wanderlustjourney ! Glad that you enjoyed the wedding. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while in Tampa celebrating my birthday. He had stayed here a couple of years ago for a concert but this was my first experience staying at a Westin. I was extremely impressed with the staff and they are without a doubt the reason our stay was so special.

Monet did more than check us in, she made a personal connection with us. She is a huge asset to the company as genuine people are hard to find. After we got back from dinner later that evening, there was a bottle of wine, fresh berries and a Bday card in our room from Angela and the front desk staff. Very unexpected and very much appreciated! That sealed the deal with my boyfriend who said we won't stay anywhere else when visiting Tampa again.

Our room was also nice with a great water view. I usually don't care for the typical hotel robes due to the uncomfortable "waffle weave" but the robe in our room was a really soft, comfy material. They actually have a catalog in the room so you can buy most of the items that you use during your stay. Am going to keep this in mind so I can get the robe in the future!

Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaraMiaRN
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday getaway, CaraMiaRN! We look forward to sharing more memorable experiences with you in the future!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Friends put us up for a night, and from the expansive lobby upstairs to the pleasant pool area, it is a welcoming hotel indeed.
The room was 4 star quality with a great view of the Convention center. The beds were super comfy; exactly what you would expect.
Reminders every where requesting the guests to respect other's privacy ("please be quiet").
Very lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ckstoner
We appreciate your feedback, Ckstoner ! We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Like other Westin Hotels that I have used, the Tampa Harbor Island facility was a great experience.

The staff was excellent, knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. The restaurant provided very tasty food at very reasonable costs. it was nice to be served Starbucks.

My room was comfortable, clean, and the internet service (at no extra cost, I might add) was excellent. I think it is a great hotel and will stay there on my next visit to Tampa.

1 Thank Bennie K
We appreciate your feedback, Bennie K ! We are thriled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my second long stay on a business trip at the hotel and this is my second great experience. The Front Desk, The breakfast servers and hosts, the valet team, maid service, all were, again, of the highest quality. Of course my room and view were wonderful and any problems I might have had were instantly solved. I want to thank, in particular, Angela, at the Front Desk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island SolomanBlue!
It is great that you felt well taken care of by all of our staff! It is amazing that Angela made your stay even better!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip!
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

It was a great hotel and staff. The people were so helpful and friendly in the hotel. The restaurant's view was so great, and service was excellent. Especially, Murat, Suna, and Nilufer showed their hospitality in the best way possible. I went for a meeting at this Hotel and I was also a guest. I was very pleased with the hotel overall, l will come back to this Hotel. This Hotel is also very close to the airport so you can get there quickly using transportation.

Room Tip: The South Side of the building had a very nice view of Tampa Bay.