“Great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Savannah, Georgia
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Tampa Harbour Island Westin is fabulous! I truly enjoyed my stay. The staff was great! I also enjoyed the food. There were only a few issues with cleanliness in my room. I was able to over look these as I work at a hotel so I know sometimes things are missed. The staff quickly resolved the issues. I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we value our guests comments as they help us to improve. Should you have any concerns please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to speak with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at the Westin as a part of a 10,000 member conference Jan 15-19, 2014. Everything from cleanliness to basic customer service was terrible. We should've read these reviews before reserving with this hotel. At check in, another guest was already complaining... that was only the beginning.

The hotel was dirty as a whole, marks on the walls, chipping paint everywhere. Our room wasn't even flipped everyday and when it was all they did was re-supply shampoo and conditioner that we didn't even use, they finally made the bed on the second flip. There was multiple small blood stains on the sheets. The phone didn't work unless you used the speaker phone option. We had to pay for wifi as well as parking (self and valet).

On the first night I forgot to stop and grab some female amenities needed for my monthly situation and when I called down to have a couple brought to the room, the guy on the other end of the line said if I wanted them I could walk down and get some. When I asked why they have Service Express® if I have to serve myself he told me I'd have to deal with a man delivering my items. He knocked on the door 10 mins later and didn't even stand in front of the door, he just put his hand in the door when I opened it.

On another night, we ordered out for dinner and needed silverware to eat. I called Service Express® again so we could eat after a long day at conference and had to wait 15 mins for ONE roll of silverware when I had asked for two. We then waited another 15 mins for the second roll to show up so we both could eat.

(Service Express® - One touch of a button on your house phone and our dedicated associates will be available to assist you with every query. From arranging an early morning wake up call to helping you get your cloths to laundry our Service Express® team will assist you with the smallest of queries)

The computer in the business center wouldn't allow us to check into our flight and the sign said we would have to pay $0.60 per sheet of paper. When I asked the front desk concierge about the sign saying we could print boarding passes for free, she said she would send a tech to help me. When no tech showed up to help I went back up front. She immediately said "Well I sent someone, they never showed?" like I'd be there if they had. She said she could log into my account and print my boarding passes for me but who wants to share password protected info with a stranger?

I may be a little bias as I work for a 5 diamond business hotel but I must say that I expected more from a Westin. This is NOT was I was expecting and will not stay there again. I would suggest the Marriott Waterside if staying in Tampa for a conference.

Room Tip: We stayed in a handicapped suite because that's all they had available so I'm not sure how t...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cashmeir13
We apologize for your unfortunate experience, cashmeir13 ! Please feel free to give us a call and a member of our team would be more than happy to speak with you.
Union, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable beds. Stayed here for a work conference.. We had everything we needed. Loved the location, as it is right on the water and a short walk to the convention center. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Looking out on the water from our room was lovely
1 Thank Rebecca S
We are happy to learn that we have all you needed for relaxing after a long day worth of meetings at the conference, Rebecca S . We hope to see you again when you have time to enjoy what Tampa Bay has to offer on leisure time.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at the Westin January 2-4 for work. The staff was amazing. I had to get some clothing prepped for a shoot the following day and it was done perfectly and ready to roll at 7:15am.

While the hotel could use a little updating, the views are amazing and the lobby bar is great place to just chill. I stayed on the 11th floor and had a cool view of some interesting architecture and the waterway that stretches out into Tampa Bay. The hotel is located very close to the Convention Center and SoHo and Ybor City are just a short cab drive away.

I ordered room service one of the nights and "Steve" was great! The staff here really tries to go the extra mile to make your stay pleasant. I would return to this property again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you staying with us, Heidi G and hope your shoot was a complete success for you. Please come see us again soon!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Me and my girlfriend went on a cruise that was sent out of Tampa. They gave us a free ride to the cruise and had great service. We had about 18 hours of flight delays due to snow and did not get to the hotel until about 3 am. Mike was working the desk and upgraded the room at no extra charge because he could tell we had a terrible day. Just this small gesture made our day and if we ever do a cruise again, then we will be staying at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian T
Thank you for staying with us prior to your cruise, Brian T ! We are delighhted to hear that our Brand Champion of the year, mike was able provide you with a renewing and refreshing room and hope to see you back soon!
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were stranded due to airline problems. The front desk was very helpful with informtion about the hotel and its services. Check-in was very quick. The bartender was also accomodating with a sense of humor. Then when we were ready to go to bed we realized that the sleeper sofa wasn't made up. They sent 2 women from housekeeping up at 10:30 pm. Great location, the fabulous bed, and pretty, comfy surroundings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BWillem
We are sorry to hear about your traveling inconveniences, BWillem but happy to know that our team was able to turn a sour experience into a positive, refreshing one!
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Jewell at the check-in desk was fabulous! She got me a Harbor View deluxe king room. The hotel is in a gorgeous location with a short walk to the Tampa convention center. Jackson's food and gelato by water outdoors was relaxing with excellent service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your comments, kamccor! We do strive to exceed our guests satisfaction and Jewell is one our best starts on the team!