“Don't get a room near an elevator !”

The Westin Tampa Waterside
Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Palm Coast, Florida
“Don't get a room near an elevator !”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was a guest on this property for two nights attending a conference there - they assigned me a room next to the housekeeping elevator - normally this is not an issue - but the walls must have been made of paper ! All night I was awakened (both nights) by elevator noises , and staff moving carts etc through the halls. All in all a very nice hotel- I just got unlucky in my room assignment - restaurant had one of the best burgers i have had in a while , although service can be slow

Room Tip: Don't get a room near an elevator !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Greetings camguy01!
Thank you for staying with us! We apologize for the noise issues you had during your stay. On your next trip to Tampa please give us a call and we would be happy to make sure you have a quieter room!
We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I checked in for a business meeting. I happened to mention while checking in with Mike at the front desk. As it was a slow night, and I'm platinum (worth it!), he upgraded me to a fantastic suite easily large enough to hold our meeting.
A great respite from the 25 airports I've been in this month!

Room Tip: Of course a water view is best.
1 Thank AlSamuelson
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island AlSamuelson!
We are glad that Mike was able to accommodate your request. Our staff takes pride in providing such extraordinary service to each of our guests!
Come back and visit us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We arrived at 3:30 (check in started at 3:00) and our room was not ready. They told us it would be 30 - 60 minutes and offered us a free beer/wine coupon for the bar. After an hour we went back and it was still not ready. They asked us several times to take a King-bed room despite the fact that we were a group of 4 adults. While we stood there another man came up and checked right in (to a room with two double beds - same as we were waiting on). They told us that our level of room was not ready (we had booked with the Gasparilla Distance race rate) and he had booked with a different category. I asked to speak to a manager and was told he was not available and the supervisor said, "we are doing the best we can." The excuse was that a lot of people checked out late and they had a lot of people checking in.
We finally got into our room at 5:15 pm. A manager never called. We also had to go into the hall a couple of times to retrieve coffee supplies, toilet paper, towels, etc. from the housekeeping cart.
The rooms are clean, but the halls are dirty and there is a nightclub at the hotel so it is loud late night. We had to use a sound machine to sleep.
Boo!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Greetings somertyme,

The Westin would like to apologize for not demonstrating a typical relaxing and energizing environment during your most recent stay. The review is being shared with our entire executive committee in efforts to improve upon the services we provide. While your stay did not reflect a positive one, we would like to encourage you to call and speak with us directly.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Homeworth, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Was an ok hotel, on harbour island it is kind of mixed use, with residential nearby and office space. Not much choice in food nearby, unless you catch a cab or walk a mile. Room 304 has a nice rooftop view of an air conditioner unit. Window in room was marked please open blinds drapes completly before opening window, but window was screwed shut.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Ryan A!

At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. During your trip for business trip we hope that you had left feelign better than you did when you arrived.

We hope that you come back and visit us soon!
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2014

2nd time staying at this hotel when running one of the Gasparilla races. Nice to stay so close to the start. Valet parking is only $3 more than self parking so it's definitely worth it. No complaints about this hotel except that they ran out of bow tie pasta way too early at the pre-race dinner leaving only penne pasta, which I hate. Great view from the upgraded side of the hotel. I'd be willing to come stay sometime when it's not so full to relax and enjoy the setting more,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcia S
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
It was great to have you back as our guest at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Marcia S!
We are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Come back and visit us again soon!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

First time I've returned to this hotel (where my employer regularly holds conferences) since they completed some renovations and redesign. I thought it looked nice and my room was very comfortable and clean. The staff person at the front desk on my check-in was lovely and friendly and was nice enough to waive my in-room wi-fi charges. In fact, because she was so gracious, the service will get a "very good" rating from me. The hotel has an adjacent restaurant, Jacksons, which is good, and an on-site Alamo car rental facility. Its hours are posted on its website and it ended up coming in handy being there.

Nitpicks - Room service is overpriced like at all of these types of hotels and cleaning service speed could be improved. The maid one day forgot to take out the slip of paper in the door knob that said she was inside cleaning my room, so I actually waited on her a bit before going inside.

But overall, it's a nice business hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island KennyFanFairfax!

During your return visit we are delighted to know that you found our location to be a good buisness hotel. Your feedback is appreciated and has been shared with our team so that we may improve upon the service that we provide.

We hope to see you again on your next business trip!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed as part of a Southwest Airlines package vacation with hotel and airfare paid through Southwest.

At checkout , I found I had been charged again for the rooms. I pointed this out, and was given a receipt for the true amount.

After I returned home, ,I checked my credit card account and found that I had been re-charged for the rooms.

Telephone calls with the hotel were useless, as nobody "in accounting" ever answered the phone.

An e-mail with receipts attached resulted in a phone message, with no call back number. A call back to the hotel switchboard got me back to "leave a message" in accounting.

I have never written a review or sued anyone in my life. Looks like I'm going to.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel. Pay in cash. Do not under any circumstances provide credit card information...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Richard W
Greetings Richard W,

I want to apologize for the billing issues you have had. I would be happy to assist you so that we may provide you with the correct charges. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can resolve the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!