“Great Weekend get a way”

Westin Tampa Harbour Island
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Cocoa, Florida
“Great Weekend get a way”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed over Memorial Day week-end and had a wonderful time, the hotel is at a great location and our room had a great bay view. The room was very clean, the beds were comfy and the pillows just right. This was the first time that I've ever seen a double shower head in a hotel, the weird thing was there was a sign inside the shower asking the quests to save water and only use 1 head! Ya right!! If there going to put them in the shower the guests are going to use them!! They were ok, not a lot of power. We went next door for Sunday brunch and it was awesome (not part of the hotel) I would gave 5 stars to the hotel staff they really love their jobs and go the extra mile to make their guests feel special.

2 Thank RacingMom
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Greetings from the Westin Racing Mom!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Me and my friends stayed at this hotel over the weekend and were impressed, overall, by what it had to offer. Our room was immaculate with a great view of the bay and the location couldn't be better. Riverwalk with shops & restaurants, the aquarium and downtown Tampa were all in walking distance. There's also a nice restaurant that turns into a club at night, next door. But even with the club being next door, we heard no outside noise. Customer service was superior. My only complaint was the faint pet smell our room had (pets are allowed in this hotel).

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher level floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you Leah C for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this property on a recent business trip. The hotel is well maintained and the staff- super friendly. Consistent with the "heavenly" bed the Westin is known for- I had a great and uninterrupted sleep...it also helps that the location is close enough to downtown without being right in the core- and therefore- very quiet. The fitness room is one of the best I've used and the restaurant identifies their healthy options. There were some special salads advertised in the lobby which you could also take to go...I didn't try them on this trip but will definitely partake next time.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and 'living area' is separate from the sleeping area. Bathrooms are...
Green Features: They offer you the option of foregoing house keeping in exchange for other perks such as additional points if you are an SPG member.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us Kennedy545!

It is truly our pleasure to have had you as our guest at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First, let me say that I am a true Westin fan. I am a Starwood Preferred Guest member, and whenever I can, I choose the Starwood brand. The service was excellent. As an SPG member, I received an upgrade to the Presidential suite. It was a significant upgrade!!! The room was HUGE! It was actually so big that it had 4 A/C thermostats for us to adjust. The suite included the bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a dining room, a living room, an enclosed sitting area between the bedroom and the dining room, and a mini-kitchenette with coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. The views were amazing: the suite had 9 windows and offered a panoramic view of the harbor.
Unfortunately, I was just really disappointed by how old and outdated the room was. The carpet was old, stained, and dingy. The base boards were coming apart from the walls, and you could tell that they had been painted over and patched a few times. It appears that the Presidential Suite also doubled as a handi-cap accessible room. The shower was gross. You HAVE to clean the grout in the bathroom for it to look right, period. A little cleaning and caulk goes a long way. And I was also disappointed with the bed: I'm used to the Heavenly Bed experience, but I woke up both days with an aching back. The bed was MOST uncomfortable and hard!

Overall, my stay was nice, but the place is overdue for an upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view. It's beautiful!
Green Features: Starwood Preferred Guests get 500 points per night, if they choose to skip daily room cleaning. Nice perk!
1 Thank TenWill_Beach
TenWill_Beach,
Thank you for choosing tyhe Westin for your stay in Tampa. Your experience has been shared with the staff as an effort to improve the services we provide. Thank you for your feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa~
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago the night before a cruise. For starters, I've come to expect a hotel to provide some sort of breakfast. It seems we're in a hotel somewhere at least monthly these days and most all will fill your belly in the morning. But this one did not. In fact we ended up paying about 20 bucks a piece for the just ok buffet. Our room was clean but dated and the bathroom door would not close, the frame didn't match up with the door. It seem they wouldn't occupy a room with this type of issue. The hotel was clean but I think we'll try a different place next time we're in Tampa.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us“Alphaman60,
Our staff would like to apologize for not demonstrating a typical relaxing and energizing environment during your most recent stay. The review is being shared with our entire executive committee in efforts to improve upon the services we provide. While your stay did not reflect a positive one, we would like to encourage you to call and speak with us directly.
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Westin is an upscale hotel with music and a bar at the pool and a great view of Tampa Bay. It is clean and well kept, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Valet parking for $20.00 or self park for $17.00.

Room Tip: Pool elevator is located on the 3rd floor
Green Features: You have the option to forego room cleaning and they will give you a credit on a future stay - a nice touch
1 Thank DHT22
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island DHT22!
It was a delight to have you as our guests!
We hope to see you again !
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I called to make our reservation and was signed up for some sort of "membership" for Westin hotels. I didn't realize until we got there that meant I got a free upgrade! When we checked in we were in line behind 2 other groups checking in at the same time but we only ended up waiting 3-4 minutes so needless to say it was an easy check-in process. We stayed on the 11th floor and had an amazing view of the channel and got to watch boats go by all day and night. It was a nice room, basic with a TV on a dresser, a desk, a chair and bed with nightstands. Nothing over the top but we don't go out of town to stay in the hotel all night so it was perfect for us. The bathroom was nice..it had a ROBE! I'm such a sucker for a robe. My only complaint was that it only had one robe and there were 2 of us staying the night. Luckily I was staying with my boyfriend who doesn't enjoy wearing robes but if I was staying with a girlfriend we probably would have liked to had 2. Whatever, not a big deal. The room and bathroom were very clean and smelled good. I read some other reviews of dirty rooms so I was looking for gross stuff and couldn't even find anything! We were obviously staying on one of the floors that had recently been re-done because the carpet, furniture, bathtub and everything was in almost perfect condition. We were also next to the elevators and we didn't hear a peep. Although we were out pretty late. Maybe we were the people that everyone was complaining about noise from :-/ We got a few sandwiches from room service. He had the cuban and I had the chicken panini thing. Both were good. Better than sandwiches we could have made at home. The $3 water bottles were a little annoying. If you're going to charge that much for a water bottle shouldn't it be cold? Check out was more than expected being that it was at noon! Most places have an 11am checkout. The noon checkout is a wonderful thing! We were able to wake up early, go to breakfast, come back and shower and still had a few minutes to sit by the window and watch boats go by. Overall our stay here was better than expected given all the negative reviews others have left. We will definitely be back! We live in Orlando so it's the perfect solution for us when we need to get out of town for a day or two. Thank you!

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better your view!
2 Thank Kelly_Geoff
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Kelly_Geoff!
We are glad to hear that you are now a member of our loyalty program where you can earn Free Points to use on future stays! While here with your boyfriend it is fantastic that you both had such a great experience!
We hope to see you again on your next trip over from Orlando!