“Luxury Hotel”

The Westin Tampa Waterside
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed two nights at The Westin Tampa FL last weekend. We were professional greeted by the valet and then directed to check in. Very pleasant staff every inch of the way. The room was clean with high quality beddding. Our room had plenty of towels and water when we arrived! Cleaning staff was helpful as well. The breakfast buffet was a nice ending to our trip!

Room Tip: Just ask for a high floor for a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Rriverav, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

We appreciate your feedback, Jean I. We are happy to know you appreciate our Make a Green Choice Initiatives to protect our environment and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Tampa Waterside

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a confirmed reservation backed up by credit card. Try to check in at noon they tell me they are over booked but have made reservation for me miles away in Ybor. That other hotel was a different class entirely and was not close to the convention center I was attending. Only comp they would offer was a shuttle to the other hotel. What a joke. Luckily I had a rental car or I would really have been screwed.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Traveller-add
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Greetings Traveller-add,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience. We apologize for the inconveniences you endured.
Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed over Memorial Day week-end and had a wonderful time, the hotel is at a great location and our room had a great bay view. The room was very clean, the beds were comfy and the pillows just right. This was the first time that I've ever seen a double shower head in a hotel, the weird thing was there was a sign inside the shower asking the quests to save water and only use 1 head! Ya right!! If there going to put them in the shower the guests are going to use them!! They were ok, not a lot of power. We went next door for Sunday brunch and it was awesome (not part of the hotel) I would gave 5 stars to the hotel staff they really love their jobs and go the extra mile to make their guests feel special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RacingMom

Greetings from the Westin Racing Mom!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Me and my friends stayed at this hotel over the weekend and were impressed, overall, by what it had to offer. Our room was immaculate with a great view of the bay and the location couldn't be better. Riverwalk with shops & restaurants, the aquarium and downtown Tampa were all in walking distance. There's also a nice restaurant that turns into a club at night, next door. But even with the club being next door, we heard no outside noise. Customer service was superior. My only complaint was the faint pet smell our room had (pets are allowed in this hotel).

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher level floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you Leah C for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this property on a recent business trip. The hotel is well maintained and the staff- super friendly. Consistent with the "heavenly" bed the Westin is known for- I had a great and uninterrupted sleep...it also helps that the location is close enough to downtown without being right in the core- and therefore- very quiet. The fitness room is one of the best I've used and the restaurant identifies their healthy options. There were some special salads advertised in the lobby which you could also take to go...I didn't try them on this trip but will definitely partake next time.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and 'living area' is separate from the sleeping area. Bathrooms are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us Kennedy545!

It is truly our pleasure to have had you as our guest at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

First, let me say that I am a true Westin fan. I am a Starwood Preferred Guest member, and whenever I can, I choose the Starwood brand. The service was excellent. As an SPG member, I received an upgrade to the Presidential suite. It was a significant upgrade!!! The room was HUGE! It was actually so big that it had 4 A/C thermostats for us to adjust. The suite included the bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a dining room, a living room, an enclosed sitting area between the bedroom and the dining room, and a mini-kitchenette with coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. The views were amazing: the suite had 9 windows and offered a panoramic view of the harbor.
Unfortunately, I was just really disappointed by how old and outdated the room was. The carpet was old, stained, and dingy. The base boards were coming apart from the walls, and you could tell that they had been painted over and patched a few times. It appears that the Presidential Suite also doubled as a handi-cap accessible room. The shower was gross. You HAVE to clean the grout in the bathroom for it to look right, period. A little cleaning and caulk goes a long way. And I was also disappointed with the bed: I'm used to the Heavenly Bed experience, but I woke up both days with an aching back. The bed was MOST uncomfortable and hard!

Overall, my stay was nice, but the place is overdue for an upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view. It's beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TenWill_Beach

TenWill_Beach,
Thank you for choosing tyhe Westin for your stay in Tampa. Your experience has been shared with the staff as an effort to improve the services we provide. Thank you for your feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa~

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago the night before a cruise. For starters, I've come to expect a hotel to provide some sort of breakfast. It seems we're in a hotel somewhere at least monthly these days and most all will fill your belly in the morning. But this one did not. In fact we ended up paying about 20 bucks a piece for the just ok buffet. Our room was clean but dated and the bathroom door would not close, the frame didn't match up with the door. It seem they wouldn't occupy a room with this type of issue. The hotel was clean but I think we'll try a different place next time we're in Tampa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us“Alphaman60,
Our staff would like to apologize for not demonstrating a typical relaxing and energizing environment during your most recent stay. The review is being shared with our entire executive committee in efforts to improve upon the services we provide. While your stay did not reflect a positive one, we would like to encourage you to call and speak with us directly.
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to hearing from you soon!