“Dissappointing Stay”

Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Dissappointing Stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel has a serious communication problem between the front desk and the housekeeping staff..day 1, checked in and was given a room on the 8th floor that was not cleaned yet..had to drag luggage back to registration desk..was given a room on the 7th floor and the plastic key did not work, went back to registration desk and the clerk there was "astonished" that the key did not work, 2nd key worked...day 2, left the hotel at 10am and came back at 5pm and the key did not work again, had to get another key and then opened the door to find that my room was still not cleaned...maid said room will be cleaned before 6pm..came back after RAYS baseball game at 11pm and the key failed to work again and the room was still not cleaned..called downstairs to get a few towels and the clerk sent up a few...we were never apologized to by any employee.beware

Room Tip: don't stay here the service is terrible
Green Features: do not wish to share comments at this time as i have nothing good to share about my experience there
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mike m
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Greetings mike m,
Our staff would like to apologize for not demonstrating a typical relaxing and energizing environment during your most recent stay. The review is being shared with our entire executive committee in efforts to improve upon the services we provide. While your stay did not reflect a positive one, we would like to encourage you to call and speak with us directly.
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Ok, believe it or not this my first time writing a review for an establishment. But because of the incredible customer service that I received (especially the front desk "Angela") I thought it was definitely worth sharing my opinion. First the location of the Westin is right on the water and in walking distance of several other restaurants and river walk events. I requested an early check-in but when I arrived the rooms weren't ready but "Angela" definitely took care of me and compensated it in other ways.
I will be returning and I'm looking forward to another incredible stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Clarence G!
We are glad your trip to Tampa was incredible because of Angela! Our staff takes pride in the services we provide to our guest!
We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights and while the hotel was clean it was lacking the necessary amenities. In this part of town it seems there are no nearby restaurants. When staff was asked where to eat we were simply told to walk across the bridge. The hotel should have a guest book in the rooms stating where nearby amenities are located and for those restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Not everyone wants to pay $12 for bacon while we are here.

• Stayed July 2014
Greetings nnge,
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and we apologize for not having the amenities you needed.
We hope that if you are in the area again you come back and visit us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is ok. My shower head was broken and so was the TV. However Kenny Mitchell who is a part of hotel facilities was nice enought to replace my TV with a new TV model which I appreciated. The fitness center was nice however the elevator to the pool was slow and NOT ventilated.

The hotel location was walking distance to the grocery store, tram and other restaurants.

2 Thank TV_Girl120
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us TV_Girl20!
We apologize that you had an issue but we are glad Kenny was able to fix it for you!
During your next trip to Tampa for business we hope to see you again!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really enjoyed my recent stay at the Westin. Hotel facilities were well kept and loved the fitness center. The Front Desk personnel were extremely polite and professional. I also had some great encounters with the valet staff as well. Walking distance to The Forum, which is very convenient. I will be returning.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ryan R
Thank you Ryan R for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was my third stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, all trips for business. The location of the hotel is perfect for anyone wishing to be near the water, but with easy access to I-4 and I-275. During this trip, I was given what I consider to be above-standard service by both a parking attendant (who allowed me to leave the car in front of the hotel while I checked in and quickly changed clothes before heading out again), and a front desk clerk (who helped reconcile my bill according to tax exempt eligibility that I am able to claim, even under the circumstance that I had pre-paid the charges). Finally, I found the hotel, as I have on each visit, to be clean and comfortable, bright and welcoming. I definitely recommend this property!

Room Tip: Ask to have a view of the channel; you will enjoy seeing small boats and paddle boarders, along with...
Green Features: I always participate in the program that allows guests to opt out of housekeeping in exchange for extra SPG points or a free beverage. In fact, this program is one reason I joined SPG!
1 Thank Jennie_K769
Greetings from the Westin Jennie_K769!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was traveling with my friends who brought their little dog along on the trip. The hotel staff was very polite at check in and offered to bring up a dog bed and bowls. We weren't in the room for more than 5 minutes when there was a knock on the door and the items were delivered. It was very nice to stay at a hotel that was so accommodating to pets, they even gave us a list of pet friendly restaurants in the area. Our room had a fantastic view of the bay and it was very spacious and clean. The extra area in the room with the full length mirror was very nice, and the dual shower heads was amazing. It would be nice to have more dining options in the actual hotel, but there is quite a few places within walking distance. It was a fantastic stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you Ann Marie S for the wonderful comments!