“Bed was terrible!”

Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #80 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Although the staff and service was great, I found the bed hard and absolutely horrible. I asked management the next morning if there was anything they could do, and I was told that they had heard this before, and perhaps I would like to put a few "towels" on top of the mattress to soften it up. She then told me she would check with the engineer. When I returned from work, I received a note from the engineer that stated " Our mattresses are all the same, sorry". I was scheduled to stay the entire month of December. I am checking out and going to another Marriott property that cares.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

I sincerely apologize that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, and more importantly, that we did not have a better solution to this problem. Thank you for your feedback; I can assure you that we will have a better solution should this problem arise in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff and service, as we take great pride in this.
Robert Newton
813 972 4400

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This Residence Inn was recently updated. Although, I wish they would go all out on the updates, and not just replace carpet and paint. This is a good value if you're looking for a place to stay near Busch Gardens or for business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A lot of patients at Moffitt Cancer Ctr stay here. They give a special rate! The staff do all they can to be extra considerate of the guests needs! The breakfast is fresh, they keep the area clean and replenished. Everyone says "good morning" and when leaving wishes you a good day! We have stayed here many times! We have also stayed at other close by Marriott properties. We like this one the best, but the others are good too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky P
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We met our parents in Tampa FL for a weekend gathering. We wanted a suite with a kitchen, so we wouldn't have to eat all meals out. It was 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and nice living room. This was a perfect location!
Just across the street was Lettuce Park with walking trails and wildlife. The $2 admission was more than worth it. We saw a lot of birds, turtles and yes, aligators! There are pavillions and picnic areas.
A nice breakfast was included and it was significant and different each day. We were a short driving distance from grocery stores and restaurants.
About 1/2 hour drive from Tampa airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed many many times at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful and their amenities are beyond compare. Close to the Moffitt Cancer Center and the University of South Florida. Located in a peaceful and beautiful setting. A short walk from beautiful Lettuce Lake Park. Wonderful evening hospitality hour included plus super pet friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kandyflfl
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am with my family for a weekend stay in the Tampa area. We were greeted warmly, though it was midnight when we rolled in. We had separate suites across the hall from each other, and I found the rooms beautiful, clean, and no weird smells (like in some hotel rooms...what is that about?) Noise was at a minimum, the beds supremely comfortable, and I loved that there was a living and sleeping area in separate rooms (the layout was really perfect!). Breakfast in the morning was really great...my favorite, hot oatmeal with all the fixings, eggs, sausage, pastries, yogurt, etc. A great perk. I utilized the business area to print my boarding passes for the way home, and that is always a welcome perk too. The pool was where we spent most of the afternoon with the kids, and it was clean and empty. No matter what staff we encountered, from the front desk to the cleaning folks, they were all smiling, friendly and helpful. They even accomdated us with a very late checkout sunday for our convenience. I would definately stay here again. Thanks Residence Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank francefantoo
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am glad your family enjoyed our pool and our full hot breakfast buffet! We hope to see you again soon!

Robert Newton
813 972 4400

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My wife and I usually stay at the Residence Inn when travelling with our 2 children and we are usually pleased. HOWEVER, our stay at the Residence Inn in Temple Terrace on Fletcher off I-75 was the 'BEST' bar none. It wouldn't hurt for the franchise to use this location as an model to follow. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was beautifully decorated, modern, spacious and smelled great. We arrived early and was still greeted with a warm smile and humor. They were extremely accommodating. I could relax comfortably. This will be my 'home' away from home when travelling to Tampa. FYI: I believe Temple Terrace's Residence Inn could hold it's own with 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: We went in person.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ACBJC
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your great review! I have shared your comments with our staff and we are all very proud of this!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!