My door's key card unit was in such poor shape, it usually took about 15 to 20 attempts each time before it finally unlocked the door. They are slowly renovating and maybe they'll get to this one eventually. Slow elevators and filthy laundry area did nothing to enhance my stay.
The maids did not vacuum the floor during my stay. One time one of them used a broom - on carpet, yet - which actually worked for her; and the other didn't do a thing for the floor and left it littered with small scraps of stuff that a vac would have picked up.
That said, there were Pro's. Large unheated pool is adequate for lap swimming and there's a tiny fitness room adjacent. Large mall with multiplex cinemas is a 5 minute walk away.
My room was large, I had a good bed, and because of my extended stay, I was offered a microwave and fridge, which arrived soon after check-in and were given me at no added charge.
There was a very secure safe in the room , the water was very hot, and the heating and air con (had to use BOTH during my stay) worked well.
Motel style, free continental breakfast is barely adequate, but there's a Waffle House just down the street (10 min walk, 2 minute drive), Starbucks nearly next door, and a 24 hour IHOP fifteen minutes walk in the other direction from the Waffle House. Except for La Quinta, this is the cheapest lodging so close to the airport. It's in a safe neighborhood surrounded by far more expensive hotels, office buildings. There's a 24 hour Walgreens drug store 12 mins walk down the street past the mall. With the free wifi, proximity of the late-night, 7 days per week US Post Office at the airport, this ended up being an excellent place to get some business done.
The free airport shuttle (earliest one is 5:05 am, latest to leave the hotel is at about midnight, I think) is fantastic and makes this an excellent place to stay for a transit stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Westshore Airport Hotel offers free airport shuttle to and from Tampa International Airport with limited hours, free wireless internet, business center, fitness center. Enjoy the outdoor heated pool. On-site restaurant "Royal Orchid" serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Great rates and friendly staff await you at the Ramada Westshore Airport Hotel Tampa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
- Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Best Western Tampa
- Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport Florida