Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,580 results
All reviewsroyal orchidroom was cleanhurricanefloridaport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I'll try not to be too unkind. The room is a classic airport hotel where 99% of the guests stay prior to or after their flight from Tampa airport. They are looking for a shuttle service and a decent night's sleep, The rates were good, the staff helpful but once you got past the lobby to the rooms you're in for a shock.

The rooms are more motel than hotel in that the corridors are outside. This may not be seem bad but the night we were staying, about 4 or 5 rooms on the 5th floor were having a beer and chips reunion and were up all hours of the night on the balcony.. In a sentence, as a father of a young family, I didn't feel 100% safe.

Whilst the bed linen was fresh, the room was almost falling apart in terms of its condition.

Where the Ramada scored well was the staff. In terms of supplying a crib, preparing the buffet breakfast and hotel shuttle they were brilliant. I couldn't help thinking that they had one hand tied behind their back in trying to defend the indefensible (in terms of room quality).

Come on Ramada, gee up your ideas. This hotel needs a complete make over before you put your name on the front door.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank EtoileBrilliant
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I booked a room here for two days through Hotwire (when traveling alone, I'm inclined to skip the fru frus and zero in on saving money). This place was listed as a two-star hotel in "Westshore-Tampa Airport and I paid under forty dollars a night, Frankly, I was prepared to buy a five dollar pillow from WalMart and sleep on top of the bed, but found instead a reasonably sized room with a fairly comfortable bed, clean crisp linens and towels and, most importantly in my book, a very clean bathroom, which appeared to be recently renovated. The front desk gal was happy and friendly and even offered to help me with a cell phone problem. With some imagination, you can come to appreciate the hotel's 1960's feel: dated, funky, yet kind of kitsch. In a movie you'd be arriving at this hotel driving a two-tone Chevy Belair The location is good if you are looking for convenience to Tampa and the airport. Bush gardens is pretty close, but If you're here for the beaches you can expect a half-hour drive or more, In all likelihood, this not the kind of hotel you'd hang around at if you're here with family, though I honestly never even looked for the pool and fitness facility; perhaps they're okay. There was not an operating restaurant on the premises when I stayed here, but there are plenty of places to eat within a mile or so; just avoid the national pizza chains, they serve their own local version of awful.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank YayBeana
Reviewed 24 February 2010

There were 7 of us staying over at the Ramada from Sunday night to Thursday night. We each had seperate rooms and had traveled from different cities and arrived at different times. Our stay was being billed to the corporate office locally and was just across the street. The hotel had listed a restaruant and lounge, that closed the Friday before we arrived and looked like it had been gutted. On Monday when we all got together we talked about the hotel. Collegue #1 said that she didn't have any hot water for her shower that morning. It was fixed that by that night with a new handle, the old one had broken inside. Collegue #2 had problems with her curtains which were too small for the window and people walking by could see into her room. Made getting dressed a bit of a problem with the small bathroom area or ducking into the closet. She got her room changed. Colleague #3 found a silverfish in his room the 3rd night, changed rooms and that bed was broken. When he and the manager went to check that rooom out the key didn't work. Changed to another room. Myself the shower handle is not in good shape and hopefully will last until we leave. I had to get a new set of keys as the set I had were deactivated for staying too long. The other haven't had a problem execpt for the person delivering papers at 4;30 in the morning will wake you up with the loud cart squeeking and bumping down the hall. The second set of elevators broke tonight, not sure if they are fixed yet. The lobby looks very nice and this could be a very nice place after they fix it up. Ramada just bought this hotel and should be able to bring it up to their higher standards in about a year. It needs to be gutted and refirbished totally.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2010

nice and clean good service. nice location to start a trip arround tampa heading any way North , East and south. Started a round trip .

Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
theresagio, Manager at Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2010

Thanks for your review of the Ramada Tampa Westshore Inn and Conference Center. Great to hear that our location in the Westshore area of Tampa was convenient for you and your travel needs. We are glad that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities and had a pleasant stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Tampa/Westshore area.

Reviewed 6 February 2007

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in dozens and dozens of hotels. This is one of the worst places i was lucky enough to escape from. I could have written a book about the non-service and lies these people try to pull off. I checked into another place after i opened the door to my room....
Not sure but i was told that they lost thier "flag" as a best western because of the condition of property and lack of service.
Enter at your own risk.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank shotgunner