“Free Shuttle from Airport”

La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport
Ranked #76 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Free Shuttle from Airport”
Reviewed 3 December 2006

We stayed here for one night after flying out from the UK. After collecting our bags I rang using one of the courtesey phones in the airport and they picked us up within 10 minutes! Hotel was all of about 5 minutes drive away, booking in was swift and room was great. Added bonuses are that it has an IHOP next door one side and a Dollar car rental place the other. We had just missed the shuttle bus back to the airport in the morning (they run every hour), but the receptionist rang him and he came straight back for us! I was so impressed with the whole stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — Arrange to collect your hire car from next door in the morning
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank violet3violet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Miami, Flordia
Reviewed 6 November 2006

We stayed at this hotel on the first weekend of Nov. 06. Our reason for travel was because we were going to the Buccaneers football game on that Sunday and I saw online this hotel was close to the stadium. I also work for Hotels.com so I know alot about hotels and the bad experiences people have had, so I wanted to make sure I mad a good choice, yet stay under a budget.
We arrived Saturday afternoon, around 4p.m. When I first pulled up to the hotel it looked a little old and it made me suspicios, but that quickly changed when we entered the lobby. Our timming was kind of bad, since we arrived at the same time as a big family of about 8 people. There was only 1 employee at the front desk and he was working his butt off! He was trying to check us all in and I must say he did an excellent job. He was friendly through out the whole time and was attentive to everyones questions. Very helpful staff.
There are plenty of parking spots through out the property at no charge. I passed by the pool which looked very nice, and pretty big. When we got to our room I was pleasently suprised. We booked a king size, non-smoking room and got just that. It was a nice, VERY clean room. Looks old-fashioned but that doesn't matter to me. As soon as I got to the room, I inspected all the key places, that I've heard people complain about in other hotels. The bathroom was super clean, no rust, no roaches. Just clean toilet, clean shower and plenty of towels for us two.
The room was also perfectly cleaned. No stains on carpet, nothing weird in cabinets or in the corners. All the equipment (hair dryer, iron/ironing board, lights, coffee maker, tv) was in perfect working condition. The t.v. was great they have free HBO and other cable chanels. You can also order paper view movies and play games from the interactive t.v. Our bed was real comfortable and sheets were clean. Also, if you get a king size and only have three pillows, check the drawers because we found an extra pillow there. Overall the room was great and I loved it.
The other great thing about the hotel was the location. Now I drove 450 miles from Miami to Tampa and it was my first time so I had no idea were anything was(just a couple pages from mapquest printouts) but the hotels locations really helped out. If your arriving from the aiport its close, and even though you could see the airport from the hotel I never once heard any planes flying over us. Theres a beautiful mall across the street. Theres another mall, with a movie theatre about a mile or two down the street. The stadium is walking distance. I think the cruise terminal is also close proximity. If your not driving then they have a shuttle service thats almost always available or they can call a cab for your.
The complimentary breakfast was great aswell. They have a breakfast area in the lobby. They pretty much put out small plastice wrapped foods that you would get in a machine, like muffins, cereal, microwavable stuff. It's real good for a quick lil breakfast. And if you ever need a bigger meal and not spend to much or go far, well theres an IHOP right next door. It was real convienent. We went there saturday night after leaving the movies. It's open 24 hours and like I said right next to the hotel! Doesn't get any easier than that.
I would definetly recommend this hotel to any traveler. Now if you want a luxury hotel with indoor pools, signature dinning or spas, then no don't come here. But if you want a clean, comfortable experience stay here. Good for overnights or weekends. Great if your going to the game, coming from the airport or going on a cruise. I will stay here again when I go up to Tampa and will recommed this hotel to all my hotels.com customers. Thanks La Quinta!!

• Liked — Location, Price, Clean Room, Good Service
  • Disliked — No Jacuzzi? Can't reall think of anything bad to say.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you need extra pillows or bathroom stuff, the front desk's gotcha covered.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 305traveler
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 16 October 2006

We had never stayed at a LaQuinta before this trip. This was just for 1 night pre cruise was very pleased when we arrived. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. The pool was clean and very inviting after a long trip. We did not eat the breakfast that was provided as there was a iHop right next door. I had read that it was noisy as the airport was nearby but did not hear a thing. We did use the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and they also arranged for shuttle to the cruise port for $11. Great deal for the price!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank brutis64
Manteno
Reviewed 2 October 2006

I had stayed at another hotel, but their rate jumped to over $200 the final night so I decide to find another place. This hotel was right next to the airport so I thought I would try as I have never stayed at a LaQuinta. You really do get what you pay for. Room was ok. It seemed clean, but the spreads seemed very old. And the smell they spray - I can not get that smell out of my nasal passages. It gets in your nasal cavity and will not leave it is so strong. The IHOP gets a strange bar crowd late. I had to get something out of my car and an SUV leaving the IHOP asked me if I was looking for a prostitute for the night. If you want a cheap hotel that is ok, this would probably be the place. Certainly not a high end hotel/staff, but you get what you pay for.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — smell in the rooms
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
Omaha Nebraska
Reviewed 24 June 2006

We landed in Tampa around 11:00 p.m. We shuttled to the car rental and drove to La Quinta. It is extremely close (less than a mile) to the airport. I did hear a plane once in a while, but it was nothing loud enough to interrupt our sleep. We had no problem at check in and left by 10:00 a.m. so we had no time to use any of the facilities, shuttles etc. When we checked in we were told breakfast ended at 10.....we arrived in the lobby and 9:15 and found it ended at 9:00. I'm sure it was an inadvertant mistake...but really inconvenient for our family schedule. Rooms were standard motel fare with two double beds, hairdryer, wall unit airconditioner, coffee maker etc. I felt safe and comfortable during my short visit and thats all I needed. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank raska
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 19 April 2006

Meaning if what you need is to recoup after a cruise (as we did) it's a good deal. Here's why:

Staff was great to us
We arrived about 11 am and room was ready
Complimentary Continental Breakfast
Staff printed out our boarding passes at no charge
Free HBO
Right next door to IHOP which gives 10% discounts to La Quinta guests (15% if you eat there twice during your stay)
Walking distance to major mall (this one is VERY nice and has equally friendly staff. This was the first time in AGES I'd been in a shoe department (Nordstrom's) where the sales staff outnumbered the customers and EVERYONE was being helped!)
Free in room computer plug-in
SMALL but fine pool (in all honesty, those on the ship weren't much bigger)

On the down side, the tub in our room had a lot of dings which were covered with enamel paint, but since I used the same technique to cover the ding in my tub in our old house, it didn't bother me. Also, the sheets had an interesting smell which I attributed to the water or the detergent (or both). It wasn't so bad that I didn't get a good night's sleep, even with the airplanes flying overhead and the noisy next door neighbors. Sure, you can chalk it up to fatigue, but all in all, under the same circumstances, I would go there again.

By the way, if you are a SAM'S CLUB member or a government worker (state government counts and ANY state counts) let them know and you can get a discount.

Kinch

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank Kinch417
Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2006

The staff was surly from the get go. And as we were going on a cruise the next day and had 6 heavy bags they gave us a room on the 2nd floor. NO elevator so you have to shlep your bags up the stairs. Room was not the cleanest. I would never stay here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone that I liked. Yes IHOP is located next door but they had an hour wait for breakfast so that was a waste of time too. Do yourself a favor and don't believe all of the positive reviews here.

• Stayed February 2006