“This return visit was good as the as the first”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #20 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I just finished my fourth stay in about 12 months at this property and again was as pleased as my first stay. I wrote a glowing review of the place then, rating them high in all categories.
This time staff came through when I needed them. The day I was to drive to Tampa, after staying several days at the beach, Danny helped me recover from a booking error. Over the phone he corrected our reservation, and we were able to arrive that afternoon.
We used the complimentary shuttle that night to go to a restaurant, enjoyed our comfortable room to catch up on some TV and used the compact workout facilities--just what we needed to relax. One of my favorite touches this hotel offers is complimentary chilled bottles of water on the shuttle ride from the airport. The staff here care and it shows. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beckylyn

Reviewed 24 August 2011

great cheap place to stay very nice accomadations very nice staff overall great place

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank georgemavis
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We travel to Tampa twice a year as my partners family lives here. We normally stay in the Brandon area with Hilton or Marriott brand hotels. However in a effort to save money we tried Hyatt Place where we got a good deal on Hotwire. First off I'm not a person that will comment on every little detail but instead I try to look at the overall picture. Overall the hotel was fine for what we paid, however if I had paid full price I wouldn't have been very happy. First off the Westshore area is nice and convenient to two malls tons of restaurants, etc. The hotel itself was nice no major issues that staff was very pleasant and professional always acknowledging us. Breakfast typical continental other hot option available for purchase but you could have done better at IHop or Denny's. Rooms was a mini suite with a fridge no microwave, sectional sofa with pullout bed a nice flat screen TV. The tub in the bathroom is a danger zone it was soft, squishy and slippery if you can imagine, not sure what was going on with that. Mat provided but you still needed to be really careful. Pool area small but nice and clean, needed towels one night after the pool they came right up! Overall nothing really bad but nothing that stood out, I understand this is an renovated property so may be slightly different from other Hyatt properties.

Room Tip: Double beds not queen's
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MzNikki130
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My family of 7 stayed at the Hyatt Place Westshore for 1 night with a 'Park & Cruise" package. We had 2 rooms with 2 adults and 1 child in one room and 2 adults and 2 children in the other. We got king size beds and sleeper sofas. The rooms were clean and comfortable. One complaint is that this is the first hotel I have stayed in for many years that did not have a microwave in the room. It did have a mini fridge and a coffee maker. The hotel offers a continental breakfast that was basic at best but, it was enough. Seating for the breakfast is pretty much the lobby or you can take it back to your room. The only restaurant within walking distance is 'Ruth Chris' so, we ordered in pizza for dinner. There is a shopping mall and other restaurants a short drive from the hotel. We were allowed to leave our car parked during our cruise and we were supposed to have shuttle service to and from the cruise port. We were on the first shuttle of the day going to the port and the driver was very nice and personable. We were handed a business card with a telephone number highlighted to call when we got off ship so our return shuttle could be dispatched. Upon leaving the ship I called this number 3 times and never even got an answer (I let it ring about 10-12 times with each call). We would up having to get a taxi back to the hotel. I went inside on our return and told the front desk what happened. Their response was "Really?". That was it. I did email Hyatt and was issued a credit to my charge card for the cost of the return taxi. I would recommend the hotel but not count on the return shuttle service.

4  Thank smileycruises
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I always love going to Hyatt Place hotels and this time it was no different. Although our stay was great it was kind of annoying that the a/c made a lot of noise and sometimes it didn't work properly. And that in the middle of summer, haha! The beds were also a bit smaller than the other Hyatt Place hotels we've visited. Sofabed was really uncomfy, but that's what we expected from Hyatt Place. But the stay overall was amazing, visiting Tampa was great! Oh and also, I love how friendly and enthusiastic the staff was!

2  Thank Miineko
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore

Dates of Stay: Wednesday 6/29/11 - Thursday, 6/30/11
Total Nights: 1

In a nutshell, this is a wonderfully located Hyatt Place with stellar customer service and is the perfect place to stay after a long day at work!!

Now, for my detailed review:

First, I need to preface this review by stating that it builds upon my detailed prior review of this property. I have posted one prior review of this property, and the service continues to exceed my expectations! Please see that prior review for further information on this property:

“A Very Restful and Relaxing Property in a Convenient Location!!” - April 7, 2011

As for this stay, it was a last-minute booking, as my wife -- who works at a law firm within 5-minutes of this property -- had to work late one night, so I got us both a room so she would be able to work late and avoid the resulting late-night commute. As usual, check-in was extremely quick and efficient, with the Front Desk Agent greeting me by name, welcoming me back to the property, and thanking me for being a loyal Diamond Tier Hyatt Gold Passport Member. The agent promptly checked me in, informed me that I had a wonderful and quiet corner room on the top floor, and I was to my room within a matter of minute. As is customary at Hyatt Place properties, she offered me a tour of the property amenities -- i.e. the food options, the breakfast area, etc. However, as I was very familiar with such items, I declined. But, it is very nice to know that Hyatt Place exhibits such wonderful customer service to all guests.

Our room was the typical and wonderful Hyatt Place model, with the extremely comfortable "Cozy Corner" sofa sitting area and then a slightly partitioned off sleeping area. The room was equipped with a small refrigerator, a wet bar and a coffee maker, which is definitely crucial after a long day at work as an attorney. The large HD television that swivels to allow viewing from both the "Cozy Corner" and the bedroom area is a wonderful touch which allows one to truly relax after a long day. Oh, and I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderfully comfortable to "Cozy Corner" couches area -- personally, I think this is something that should be available in all hotels, as it truly is the perfect place to just kick-back and relax after a long day. The "Cozy Corner" truly makes Hyatt Place a unique and wonderful brand that should not be missed.

As is usual at this property, the customer service was truly top-notch, and I did not experience any problems of any kind. You will not be disappointed by the service at this property!

All-in-all, this remains a truly wonderful property with stellar service, allowing for a quick stay after a long day at work, or a perfect place to stay before or after a flight arrival at the nearby Tampa International Airport -- to which a free shuttle is provided. Do not miss this property the next time you need a place to stay near the Tampa Airport or the local Tampa Shopping Malls!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AttorneyVin
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Our family stayed here one night prior to flying out of TPA. This hotel is typical of other Hyatt Place locations we have stayed at, with a friendly staff, very clean rooms, and reasonable pricing.
The room itself looked and smelled clean. We liked how the front desk called up to our room shortly after we checked in to make sure everything was OK (and it was). We enjoyed the comfortable beds and free wifi. The huge flat screen TV is situated a bit off-center from the sleeping area, but it worked for us. We like how the hotel provides hookups so you can connect your own devices to the TV. The bathroom is rather small, but efficient with the sink located outside the shower / toilet area. The fan does a nice job clearing out the moisture when taking a shower.
The included continental breakfast is nothing fancy, but a welcome budget stretcher for families. We did purchase a few sweets sold in the cases near the front desk and found them to be pretty good.
Tip - check out International Plaza (less than a mile away) for lots of other dining options and shopping.
Overall, this Hyatt Place is a great place to stay when you are passing through the Tampa airport area.

Room Tip: high floor was very quiet
1  Thank AZFamilyOf4