“Great For Tampa Cruises”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #19 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I would have given this a 5 were it not for one unfortunate experience we had during our stay. We stayed at the Hyatt Place for two nights, the Saturday before and Sunday after our cruise.

The room: we were in two different rooms for each night of our stay. They were both on the second floor and I have no complaints at all about the rooms. They were large, comfortable, and clean. The mini fridge was a plus as we were travelling with our 3 daughters and our youngest drinks a LOT of milk. I also liked the desk in the living area of the room, it was a nice place to use my laptop.

Food: the complimentary breakfast was nice. Your basics- toast, muffins, fruit, cereals and juice/tea/coffee. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel because the choices were very limited and- not unexpected when at a hotel- a little pricey.

Shuttle: the shuttle service to/from the aiport and within a 3 mile radius was nice. Since we were only staying one night each time, we did not rent a car so we used the shuttle to go to the food court at the mall. Now... here is my one complaint with this hotel. The Sunday that we arrived back in Tampa from our cruise was a complete disaster. I placed 4 calls to the hotel over a 2 hour period before someone finally arrived to pick us up. For those two hours my husband and I an our 2, 8 and 11 year old children stood on the sidewalk with a mountain of luggage in chilly weather.

Customer Service: the staff at the hotel really did redeem themselves after the shuttle incident. I have read reviews of other hotels where the customer had a problem and the staff was completely unconcerned. Not at all the case with Hyatt Place. They went above and beyond to make sure that they made up for the experience we had with the shuttle. I was very very impressed. (They had also previously gone above and beyond for my husbands aunt who was having trouble nagivating her Accessible room in her scooter. They came in and moved furniture for her!)

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are flying into or cruising from the Tampa Airport. If we sail out of Tampa again, we will most likely stay at Hyatt Place.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank CruzTravlr81

Reviewed 15 January 2012

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! First the free shuttle that picks up from the airport was GREAT!!! The hotel also offers a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius!!! SUPER amenity!!!! The free breakfast was excellent as well. I loved the Tazo teas they offerred guests for free during breakfast. The room was more than I ever expected! The pictures on the website doesn't do the room justice! The sectional couch that is in the room was so comfy, I wanted to take it home! : ) The beds were great as well. I have no complaints with this hotel. We paid the extra money for the shuttle to take us to the cruise port and to pick us up....well worth the extra money! I HIGHLY suggest this hotel to anyone visiting the Tampa area!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife and I had friendly service from the guy that picked us up at the airport to the check-in staff. Having the convenience of a free shuttle service within a three mile radius of the hotel was a treat since we had not picked up a car yet. This hotel seemed a little more worn then the Hyatt Place we stayed at in Brentwood, TN a few months ago but still was a clean place to be. Many of these properties used to be Ameri-Suites Hotels that also had a Microwave but now they have been removed. The bathrooms are always so tiny but the sink area makes up for the compromise. The breakfast is at least average and always a bonus I appreciate.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine. I prefer an upper level room and away from elevators simply because of less...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darrylwk
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stay in a lot of HPlace Hotels lately. They just seem to all be updated and this hotel is no exception. Great location. Very good rate always. Starbucks on the corner so if you need the java fix it is there. Not a lot of dining choices within walking distance but your not staying near the airport to eat!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Arriving from the airport at 1:30am, the hotel staff was prompt in getting a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. After finally arriving at the hotel, the service was wonderful and the rooms were very spacious (included a living area), the layout of the room was modern, and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is flying into the Tampa area. It is obviously close to the airport and is close to downtown Tampa and the interstates that take you to the surrounding cities. The hotel did not serve a hot breakfast, yet it was convenient. Overall, a steal when considering price vs. value.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mamba141
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed here one night. Clean, spacious rooms. Within walking distance to many restaurants. The van driver, jerry, was fantastic! He'll drop you off whever you want to go within a five(?) Mile radius. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Just as expected from a Hyatt place... Room was perfect. Front Dest people were friendly and willing to help. No issues at all here.. Will stay here again next time I'm in Tampa. ONLY downfall, there isn't must in the way of food close by. There is a Ruth Chris Steak house, but Cheap stuff is a mile or 2. Don't be afraid to stay here...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business