I would have given this a 5 were it not for one unfortunate experience we had during our stay. We stayed at the Hyatt Place for two nights, the Saturday before and Sunday after our cruise.
The room: we were in two different rooms for each night of our stay. They were both on the second floor and I have no complaints at all about the rooms. They were large, comfortable, and clean. The mini fridge was a plus as we were travelling with our 3 daughters and our youngest drinks a LOT of milk. I also liked the desk in the living area of the room, it was a nice place to use my laptop.
Food: the complimentary breakfast was nice. Your basics- toast, muffins, fruit, cereals and juice/tea/coffee. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel because the choices were very limited and- not unexpected when at a hotel- a little pricey.
Shuttle: the shuttle service to/from the aiport and within a 3 mile radius was nice. Since we were only staying one night each time, we did not rent a car so we used the shuttle to go to the food court at the mall. Now... here is my one complaint with this hotel. The Sunday that we arrived back in Tampa from our cruise was a complete disaster. I placed 4 calls to the hotel over a 2 hour period before someone finally arrived to pick us up. For those two hours my husband and I an our 2, 8 and 11 year old children stood on the sidewalk with a mountain of luggage in chilly weather.
Customer Service: the staff at the hotel really did redeem themselves after the shuttle incident. I have read reviews of other hotels where the customer had a problem and the staff was completely unconcerned. Not at all the case with Hyatt Place. They went above and beyond to make sure that they made up for the experience we had with the shuttle. I was very very impressed. (They had also previously gone above and beyond for my husbands aunt who was having trouble nagivating her Accessible room in her scooter. They came in and moved furniture for her!)
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are flying into or cruising from the Tampa Airport. If we sail out of Tampa again, we will most likely stay at Hyatt Place.
Overall, we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Tampa is an all suite property conveniently located in Westshore business district. We offer complimentary hot a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast each morning, complimentary wireless internet, complimentary parking and shuttle service within 3 miles; which includes Tampa International Airport, and numerous shopping and dining options. Our spacious suites include a mini fridge, 42" flat screen T.V., with a cozy corner living area with sleeper sofa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Hyatt
- Hyatt Tampa
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore Florida