“Family weekend at The University of Tampa”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #19 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 7 October 2013

What an awesome hotel this is. It is super clean and the room I had was big and so nice. The staff is super friendly and so helpful. The free breakfast was very good, with so much to choose from. I would recommend this to all my friends and family if you are staying in the Tampa area. Easy for my son to drive over after class. The pool hit the spot. Used the shuttle once, and it was a pleasure. This will be my hotel when I come down to visit my son again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

5 Stars, thank you!!!! We love our Parent's and being able to offer an affordable hotel for your weekend (or longer) visits with your children at all the local Universities. We work for you and thank you!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here only one night but would definitely stay here again. As you expect it is not a 5 stars property but if you need a clean, safe and quiet place to stay in Tampa I would recommend you this hotel.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. They do not do like the others just "welcome-stay-pay-goodbye" but try to make your stay really pleasant. After check-in I got a call from the front desk and they asked if everything in my room is OK and if I have any wishes they would do the best to help me. The breakfast is really good and the manager on duty as I saw knows most of the guests (regulars).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you! Many of our guests can't believe we are actually called an airport hotel. Great location and the noise is almost non-existent. The planes go over the other hotels in Avion Park behind us, we are so happy to avoid that! Thank you for this great review!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Super convenient to the airport, and they offer a free shuttle on the half hour. They also offer shuttle services to shopping and restaurants within 3 miles. Which was really valuable for dining because their limited room service menu isn't really impressive. There is a looooong list of restaurants in the surrounding area to chose from. A lot of them are event walking distance if you feel like stretching your legs and enjoying the warm evenings.

The property is a bit old. Its had a refresher, but it still has old bones. This will sound really random, but the tubs are a bit old, and are unusually slippery. I almost fell a couple times while in the shower. I thought it was strange to see a plastic tub mat in the showers, but I quickly learned why they are there. Be sure and be careful.

As with all Hyatt Place locations, service is always top notch. Staff are always super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bchgrrrl

We never get tired of hearing about our great location! We will work harder to get those 3 Stars up to 4 or 5 for your next visit (we hope to see you again!). Thank you so much for staying with us!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked this hotel on line, with a stay and park package. The room was very large and we especially liked the fact that there is seating available for TV watching other than the bed. All of the staff were helpful, gracious and accommodating. We used the free shuttle to and from the airport and left our car in their care for 12 days. Breakfast more than enough for us. Would definitely stay again when we have an early flight.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We were so honored to have you as our guest and are so happy you found us to be a great value! "Very Pleased" is what we want to hear from all our guests. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

i loved my stay there..
the rooms are very big (but little bit old)
and the price was not very high - i think its a good value for money.
i was also used there shuttle service to the airport - it was very good and quick

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

We are so happy you loved our big rooms. As a former all suite hotel, this Hyatt Place offers extra room for your to lounge around and watch the 42 inch HD TV as well as relax and sleep in our Hyatt Grand Beds. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel and we enjoyed having you here! Come back soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I chose this hotel to stay at upon a list of recommendations from my friends in the Tampa area and reading reviews on here about this hotel. I knew what to expect, but its very helpful when your expectations are also met. Check-In was smooth and the receptionist at Check-In was very helpful and provided may amenities the hotel had to offer and Tampa as well, even after letting her know I was familiar w/ the Tampa area. I arrived to my room and it was HUGE! I did not expect a room that size. It was virtually a suite. My friends who arrived me immediately asked me how much I paid for the room, and why did I need such a big room? That was a great impression. The beds were comfortable and the room was perfect. The hotel offered a courtesy shuttle which was good to know since I didn't drive in to Tampa and in case I didn't want to bother my friends w/ driving. There was a good array of food from the free breakfast offered and it was both hot, cold and breads. I appreciated that. The staff seemed quite friendly. The late checkout was very helpful because it allowed me to have breakfast one last time with my friends before heading back home. We asked the front desk clerk to take a picture of my friends and I. He declined because of an injury, but called someone out of their office to do so for us. Working in customer service that was an added plus. This hotel is close to the mall and other restaurants so it's not really out of the way. The only negative would be parking. If you arrived too late, preferred spots just weren't available. I would stay here again in the event I needed a hotel in Tampa.

Room Tip: The A/C units are next to the beds. If you don't want to be too cold during your sleep, you can...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

5 STARS and another comment about our "Big Rooms", yes! We love hearing this response and thank you so much for staying with us and replying to TripAdvisor about your stay! Thank you!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for one night ( Saturday)
I must say that after an 8 hour drive and then attending a long family event, the quality of our stay felt crucial....

We were all pleased with the final result of our choice.

We arrived for check in after 11 pm,we were greeted promptly and check in was easy. We opened the doors of our room with a smile, upon seeing the SPACIOUS and CLEAN lay out. While the kids got into bed, the adults plopped on the L shaped couch with our books to wind-down. We all rested well.

Despite being dreadfully tired. we had set our alarms for 9:30 am, to try the Buffet style breakfast, praying it was a nothing like some of the "continental breakfasts" seen else where. Again we were all pleased with the many options of warm and cold breakfast items, the actual quality and taste of the items offered.

Biggest complaint was flippin parking Saturday night: we had to drive around the entire parking lot over 3 times to find parking.. Negative when you are that exhausted!

Surprise: Once we went to our room we noted that across the hall our neighbor sound loud frat boys screaming that they were about to have a party in the hotel, which immediately concerned us for the noise. BUT once we closed our room door, there was NO sounds to be heard! We only heard them when we went for ice. (Pheww because we were wiped and dreading having to go back down and request a change)

Additional benefit was the 12pm check out. It was awesome to eat and be able to return to the cozy beds for a while!

All agreed that except for their news programing choice during breakfast, and the parking, we'd def try again, and only wished we had more time to ENJOY the space.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We are so glad you enjoyed our new "AM Skillet" breakfast with rotating sandwiches and waffle/french toast/pancake options! Come back to see us soon please!