Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
US$353
US$266
  • Restaurant
US$116
All reviewstampa airportruth chrisfree shuttleolive gardenwithin a mile radiusfree breakfastshuttle servicean early morning flightsitting areainternational mallhot breakfastcruise portcomfortable bedsyogurtnice breakfastthe hotel offersstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2008

The hotel facilities are good. Room is good, they have a fitness center, free continental breakfast (no meats or warm food though, you have to pay extra for that), good location. Everything was ok, until you decide to warm up left overs or try to have some hot tea in your room in the evening. They deliberately do not have a microwave in the lobby or anywhere where guests can access it supposedly so that you may buy from the hotel. This in theory is ok, but for a hotel that does not have a restaurant, or a full kitchen, it seems ridiculous to deprive guests of a microwave and then offer alternatives that are generally cold (sandwiches, salads, deserts, cookies, etc).

My recommendation: If you don't need to have access to a microwave during your stay (a short stay perhaps), then its a great choice. If you have a longer stay and need options and flexibility to warm things as you need to, do not book this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Overpriced, dissapointing service but great rooms and great hotel.
I thought being an airport hotel they would offer a free shuttle 24hrs. That was not the case. The free shuttle is not available after 12 midnight. That was dissapointing. We had to take a taxi from the airport which cost us $10 so the hotel isn't far from the airport. Anyway I arrive nearly1am with my wife and two kids. I give the receptionist my hotwire reservation and this guy is taking forever to check us in. I gave the id, the credit card, the reservation and he was doing a thousand and one things looking at his screen, pressing this button and the other and doing the same thing over and over again. He did not say anything except he kept on pressing those buttons and never took his eyes off the screen. I thought: “Come on dude. It's so late, you have my credit card, my id, my reservation and if there is a problem surely we can fix it in the morning.” Finally he gave us the keys without any explanation or apologies for taking such a long time to check us in. Anyway, we arrive to the room and the room was totally great: huge new plasma tv, two big beds, everything was clean, the room had a separate living room with nice couches.
Breakfast was not bad and yet it wasn't anything special. However, the breakfast was included in the price. Breakfast consisted of only cold items. You need to pay extra for a hot breakfast. A nice touch was the free internet in the business center which consisted of two computers that were easily accessible in the main foyer.
I was dissapointed when I returned the next afternoon and the room wasn't cleaned at all. Nothing was cleaned and was left the same as when we left. This was annoying especially considering the price this hotel charges. Althought the hotel was very decent and the rooms were great I don't think I would pay the full price to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Appreci8life
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My wife and I stayed here overnight 11/3/08 before an early morning flight the next day out of Tampa Airport. The airport shuttle to the hotel from the airport was fast and convenient to use. Check-in was either through a front desk person or through a modern electronic kiosk. This hotel is as if Ikea was designing a Hampton Inn- no fuss with modern decoration. Our room was fine, it was sized a little larger than average, and decorated in a modern style. The bathroom was fine, nothing spectacular. The center of the room had a nice large flat screen TV that swiveled so that you could watch it from the bed or the couch. Next to the TV was a center with many outlets so you could charge up all your electronic gadgets, which was handy. The shuttle to the airport doesn't run early in the morning, and we had a 6 am flight. However, the front desk person took our information for a taxi the night before, and called us 5 mins ahead of schedule that the taxi was downstairs ready for us, working out perfectly. I wouldn't describe the hotel as "luxurious" but it was comfortable and perfect for our needs, and a great value for the rate we got compared to neighboring airport hotels.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Joshdent
Reviewed 19 November 2008

We stayed here one night as a couple of us had an early flight in the morning. The airport shuttle was efficient and the free breakfast had a nice variety of items and coffee. The room was clean, but was lacking a guide to that hotel and area. Also our toilet ran all night long. I had to sleep on the fold out bed from the couch and I must say I woke with a stiff neck. I also thought it was unusual that there was no microwave. I'd stay here again, but would try and find a hotwire/priceline rate.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2008

The hotel was very close to the airport, which was good. It's very high tech and there isn't really a check in desk, but a kiosk. There is someone to help you, but I like the "old way" of walking up to the front desk and officially checking in with someone in person. Everything is computerized and it's almost like a self serve hotel. Which may be okay for some but, I wasn't thrilled with my stay. The room was somewhat clean - the bathroom floor was dirty which always freaks me out and left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business