“Tampa sales trip.”

Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #56 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Betty at the front desk is without a doubt the most customer friendly, helpful, cheerful person i have ever encountered in my travels. I have been to many hotels in my career and had the full gamut of service, excellent to atrocious. Betty is the the best!!! Marriott should find a way to clone Betty. She is just a pleasure to work with....

Chris Coyne.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. I will let Betty know how pleased you were with his service and friendly demeanor. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I chose this hotel in Tampa while visiting Moffitt Cancer Center with my daughter. It was not my usual hotel but we thought we'd try something new.
To my regret it was not a good decision. I brought my iPad and new Mac Computer with me to the hotel, when I left the room I put the computer under the bed. When I returned back to the room hours later the computer and iPad were gone. Almost two thousand dollars worth of electronics were stolen from my room.
Although the manager was sympathetic I never received any compensation for my loss. Not even on my room, not very good customer service. Very expensive two night stay!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank LINDA K
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay and the ammenties the hotel has to offer. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had the pleasure of speaking with Ms. Betty over the phone before arriving at hotel and once I got there, I felt like I already a friend in Tamp! She was so patient, pleasant and professional. Even in the mist of renovations in the lobby, the hotel was beautiful, very clean and comfortable. If ever in the area again, we will definitely book reservations here. Thanks again Ms. Betty! T.Bailey, Macon, Ga

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed Betty's great customer service. We will make sure to recognize Betty and the rest of the staff during our next daily huddle. Thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott Tampa North and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wow! There is a Mrs. Betty on their front desk, wow is the word for her. Newly renovations, Starbucks for the coffee drinkers in lobby. Was there over night went in Mrs. Betty clearly explained that they were still finishing renovating on the lobby, so she gave me a room on the 3rd flood opposite of the work. Slept like a baby! Thanks to GREAT OUTSTNDING SERVICE. Bless you Mrs. Betty and thanks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found Betty to be courteous and helpful. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I just recently stayed here at this hotel and I thought the property itself was great and newly refreshed. Clean newly renovated rooms, hallways and lobby. Great Beds and bedding!
Everything in the room was great and I highly enjoyed it!
However checkout was not that great!

I checked in with my Amex CREDIT card for both of my rooms that I had. I reserved with it and they swiped it when I checked in. I do this whenever I stay at a hotel.
When I checked out, I asked the desk clerk to please split my bill in half with mine and my friend's debit cards.. I have never had a problem doing this.. So the desk clerk which was clearly in training asked his supervisor for help before he did anything with our cards and without even asking the desk clerk what I had asked for, she just said hit "F7" which is what you press to authorize the credit card! So NOW after I checked-out they over-authorized my debit card because they put the whole amount on mine!
I wanted my bill split between two cards and that is something VERY simple and I have never had a problem doing when I stay at a hotel?
The reason I use my debit card to check out is because it over-authorizes if you use it when you check-in.. What really annoyed me is that the supervisor said I should have never you used a debit card when I checked in, when I clearly didn't since the desk clerk swiped over my American Express with my debit card when he was checking me out.. and that is something that any manager or any desk agent can see if they go through the change history of my reservation.

I never like to complain about anything when I stay at a hotel because I have been working in the industry for five years and I understand mistakes happen, but for someone to tell me I did something I didn't do and they can even see is just not right!!

Other than that issue, everything else what great. I really enjoyed the hotel and think the property is great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We sincerly apologize for the issue with splitting payment between two credit cards at checkout. We will make sure to review and retrain all assocaites so this does not happen to future guest. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here for three days on a visit with family. Best place we have stayed in for a long time.
Rooms are very functional, large, new and clean. Price includes a good hot breakfast. Staff
was excellent. Definitely will stay here with future visits to this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Service was great from the moment I checked in early. Betty and Amanda worked tirelessly to meet all of our needs including helping scheduling the conference room for us for an unexpected last minute business meeting. They even brewed us coffee when the Starbucks station was closed during midday. Thanks to the Courtyard for making our work week a success!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found Betty and Amanda to be courteous and helpful. I will let Betty and Amanda know how pleased you were with her service and friendly demeanor. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#19 of 164 in Tampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area

Been to Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!