“5 months of excellent service”

Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 February 2014

First and formost I want to acknowledge the front desk folks for always greeting me and handling my every request. I spent 5 months of 3 nights a week there and they made it like home for me. I have to give my hghest accolates to Wanda on the night shift. To tell the truth I dont even know what her job was but we often had very late nights and she was there greeting us as if we were family or at the very least long time friends. She's a jewell for the organizationl. I'm going to miss running into her as I rolled in at Midnight. The young women that handled the resturaunt were also very nice, friendly and prompt in preparing my dinner or snacks. Great Marriott and great staff.
Say hello to Wanda for me!

Room Tip: I stayed in many rooms but I recommend 2nd and 3rd floor and believe it or not I was often near the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found Wanda and the rest of our staff to be courteous and helpful. I will let Wanda know how pleased you were with her service and friendly demeanor. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

14-night stay. Kind and caring staff went above and beyond their prescribed duties to accommodate us, including meeting some special needs. Exceptionally friendly, hard-working employees at all levels. Impeccably clean and well-maintained. Special appreciation to Wanda Houseman, who gives meaning to the word "hospitality." We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here last week for business - great hotel very clean and new lobby; needs better signs on the road or you miss the entrance. Staff was excellent and accommodating - down side AC didn't work that well and room was a bit uncomfortable. I would stay here again no questions asked

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard twice. The property is located near USF sort of in a business park. The property has been recently updated, the rooms are clean and very quiet. For this part of north Tampa it's a safe and convenient spot. One knock would be $$$ for a Courtyard the rates are quite high.

Room Tip: The rooms on the rear of the property are shaded by old growth oak trees, so if you get a balcony it...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel was conveniently located off I-75 surrounded by Florida foilage. We stayed in a suite as it was just a few dollars more - well worth it! It was one of the largest I'd been in. The suite had an additional TV (one in separate bedroom), sitting area, an abundance of counter space, 2 small refridgerators and a microwave. It also had a nice, large patio overlooking a courtyard of beatiful trees. The room was completely spotless and I loved having a separate sink/prep area away from the bathroom and bedroom. Also, the bedroom faces the courtyard and so no noice in the hallway to wake you.

The person checking us in was as friendly as they come - I was very impressed with her level of service she afforded us. Another impressive staff member was Michael in the Bistro. He was very accommodating and instead of having dinner out, because of the comfort of the dining room (the best Bistro I've seen - and I've seen many as a Marriott Rewards Elite Member) we ate in. The wine was expensive ($32 a bottle) but the food was ample and inexpensive (great Turkey Rueben!!)

I still gave this an Excellent rating even though I felt there should be free coffee in the a.m. in the lobby. I realize they have Starbucks but they should have complementary coffee as other Courtyards I'd stayed. Also, the Bistro doesn't open until 7 on Sunday and although the girl was reluctant to sell a cup 35 minutes early, she did (thankfully). BUT they wouldn't provide a refill when we came back at 7 (give me a break - this is a Bistro not a Starbucks). Marriott should (at least) give Rewards members a cup of coffee (geez)

Room Tip: Suite facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We will go over your review in our next daily huddle and will make sure to let Michael now how pleased you were with his service. In regards to complementary coffe. When Courtyard Marriott's switch to the new Bistro concept they did away with offereing comp coffee in the lobby. As of January 1st 2014 no Courtyards should be offering complementary coffee in the lobby. I apologize for this inconveince. If you stay at the Courtyard Marriott Tampa North in the future I would be happy to accomodate you with a complementary Starbucks coffee. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott Tampa North during your trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hello I will like to share my experience with everyone at this hotel. We were there from Dec.21st to Dec.28th 2013. The room was nice and clean ,the hotel lobby was very well kept and the staff members were great. I will like to also add that Betty was a very nice and helpful. I will also like to say that Wanda was the best she was a very big help to us as well and she does a super job cleaning the whole building I wish her all the best and next time we visit looking forward to seeing her and getting some ALLIGATOR TAIL. We will always remember you Wanda from the three of us here in Canada...From room 205....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rishi S
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and Betty's great customer service. We will make sure to recognize Betty and the rest of the staff during our next daily huddle. Thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott Tampa North and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for a few days on business, nice, clean, and new. Night clerk was asleep when I checked out at 5am, had drinks for the bar in my room tab that weren't mine. Nice pool, not much to choose from for food nearby and the food at the hotel lacks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay. I do apologize for the billing mistake and I hope we were able to adjust the charges off your bill. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North

Been to Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!