“Business Travel”

Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #56 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good business travel hotel. The property is clean and comfortable. Service is excellent - Christine at the Front Desk is very helpful and personable. The hotel is close to 75, USF, Bush Gardens and various corporate offices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joel S
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher was enjoyable.

Regina Gaines
Asst. General Manger
Courtyard By Marriott
regina.gaines@marriott.com
813-978-9898 ext 605

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel I usually stay at was booked. So I gave this one a try. I am glad I did. Now this is my new tampa hotel. The location is great. The lobby is very business friendly. They have a great little bistro inside. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bigguns182
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North is your new favorite hotel in the area. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. We truly do appreciate your business and loyalty.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Courtyards don't vary much from one to another, some are better and some are worse. This Courtyard is newer, very clean, and the grounds are well-kept. The location is convenient, right off I-75 at the Fletcher exit, and is just a few miles from Moffitt. They had king sized beds, contrary to the queen-size max at the nearby Residence Inn and other local Marriott properties. The room was well-appointed, plenty of electrical outlets, and surprisingly well-lit, a downfall in many hotels. On the downside, the remote for the 32" LED TV in the room was hit or miss, and many of the channels (including ABC, a major network channel) pixelated horribly to the point where it was not watchable. A call to the front desk said this happens sometimes with the cable company (Brighthouse), nothing they could do. Really? Contrary to most hotels, even in this area, breakfast was NOT complimentary. The wifi (wireless and also wired in the room) seemed to be pretty responsive and good.

Room Tip: even rooms on the first floor were not bothered by road nose on nearby Fletcher Ave.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank t1man
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We're delighted that your stay was enjoyable and you were pleased with the cleanliness of the property. I apologize for the issue you experinced with the channel clarity. We address the situation immediatley so no further guest experince the same issue. Thank you for your review and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Those who routinely stay at Courtyards will recognize everything that is now familiar. The lobby, rooms, food, etc. What now separates the hotels is location, price and staff. That's where this hotel sets itself apart. Everyone from the time we checked in, to check out 2 days later was exceedingly friendly. The location is great for Busch Gardens, and easy access to major arteries. And finally, the price is quite reasonable. All home runs!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fabthunder
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I selected this hotel with care, reading plenty of reviews. I paid my reservation in full on expedia, and was not asked for a credit card upon check-in. Usually hotels still take a credit for accidentals, and they'll ask you if it's ok to use the same card from the reservation. We went to our room and unpacked. I checked the beds, as I'm a slight germophobe with hotel beds. I quickly saw a few stains, and on our way out I politely asked if the sheets could be changed. When we came back several hours later, both of our key cards were deactivated. the night shift guy at the front desk was able to reactivate my cards. He was also helpful in explaining why I had a charge on my credit card, something I noticed on our way back to the hotel. The girl at check-in put a hold on my credit card without telling me, and it wasn't even the credit card I would have given her had she asked. After our cards were re-activated, we still needed the front desk to help us open our door which was jammed and needed a special "lift then turn" trick. All of this to get into our rooms which still had the same sheets.

We checked out a day early. They kept the money for the second night, it was non-refundable. I think for my experience they should've refunded my second day. Also, I'm still waiting for the hold that takes up to 5 business days to be lifted. They screwed up the way I was planning on paying for things while on vacation. Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor in front of the gym and conference room. The guests were pretty quiet, b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thecoutureteacher

Thank you for your review. We sincerly apologize for not collecting the correct credit card for incidentals and the issue with your sheets. We will make sure to review and retrain all assocaites so this does not happen to future guest. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

After a long drive from Alabama, we had to check in late at night. Griffin, the front-desk attendant, was extremely helpful in making sure that our accommodations suited our needs. He was pleasant and helpful in fulfilling all of our special requests. I couldn't have asked for any better service than Griffin provided!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jbh1965
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review we are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher was enjoyable. We will make sure to inform Griffin how happy you were with his customer service.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Everyone was very helpful. Christine at the front desk beyond the call of duty to make sure our requests were met. The room was nice but did have a moldy smell to it, which was taken care of quickly. The staff exceeded expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John P
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to do a Tripadvisor review. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher was enjoyable. We will inform Christine that you were very happy with her great cutomer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#20 of 164 in Tampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area

Been to Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!