“A definite disaster”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #35 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I checked in at 9:00 and at 3:00 am a huge party of people running around hotel with bottles of vodka in their hand - I thought it was spring break, but they were in their 30's. Called manager - they said they would send someone - no such luck - I packed up my stuff and left

I would also like to Note that these hotels have to stop putting PRICELINE people in the crappiest rooms in the hotel - like the elevator or ice machine room - Come on People

3  Thank DrtimothyCarroll
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We had spent the day on the beach and at the Aquarium seeing Winter the dolphin and were exhausted, but since it was Memorial Day weekend there were literally no rooms to be had on the beach. We started driving back into town about 8:30 and my husband fished the internet and found this room for $70. The front desk was courteous and lobby was beautiful. The room was very quiet and comfortable and the beds felt like heaven. Only problem was the carpet outside the bathroom was soaking wet for some reason. I feel confident the front desk would have taken care of it, but we were just too tired to move and went straight to sleep. The neighborhood around the hotel was great for shopping and eating. Found a great Gyro for lunch thanks to the Valet's suggestion. Wish we could have stayed longer and explored the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wwbradwell
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I visit Tampa to take a medical licensing exam so thoughts of Tampa are more filled with anxiety than with fun & sun. However, my stay at the InterContinental Hotel has been (twice) an enjoyable stay. The staff has been accommodating & courteous. The room is clean and comfortable. There is a free shuttle to/from the airport that leaves the hotel every hour and half-hour. The shuttle can run late at times, but I'm willing to wait as opposed to pay the taxi fare. I haven't eaten at the restaurants since Starbucks, Panera, & GoGo's gyro are directly across the street. There is a mini-fridge in the room, which is very convenient. However, I have been billed incorrectly twice because I moved some stuff around in order to fit my sandwich. I called the front desk & they quickly corrected the issue. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on business as well as pleasure.

2  Thank LaBelleVN
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I used a hotel room provider service and got a very nice room at around $70. They staff checking in was terrific. If you like shopping, the hotel is close to Sports Authority, shopping center with some good restaurants, and some fine neighborhoods for running/walking. Its lobby is simple and business center very well appointed. Rooms were large and with quality furnishing. Internet access was terrific and easy. It is located on a busy street but was completely quiet. Interior furnishings were quality as were toiletries provided. I did not try to restaurant but walked to some nearby eateries. At the price I paid, it was a great bargain but I would not have felt cheated had it been more than $100. Because the lobby is open to adjacent buildings and their atriums, it has a very tropical feel. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the front of the building for any sort of view.
3  Thank Robert B
InterConTampa, Director of Sales at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Thank you for selecting the InterContinental Tampa during your recent business trip. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and some of the local amenities as well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Nice photo's too!

Reviewed 6 October 2011

From the check-in to the check-out, we were very pleased with our stay. Parking is free in the parking garage in the rear of the property with easy access to the lobby and room elevators. 9th floor pool offers some views and the pool area was nice but could see potential for crowding if hotel is full. With a nice mall across the street that too made for convenience. The room was quite nice with large towels, feather pillows and a comfortable mattress. Windows went from floor to ceiling though the veiws could be into someones office from the adjoining business center. I would definately stay here again when in Tampa. Felt very comfortable at this hotel and it's location.

Room Tip: Skip the valet parking to save some $$ if it works for you. Easy access free parking in attached ga...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank scoutdreams

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stay at a lot of hotel's and know quality when I see it. Twice I was able to get this room for a steal on hotwire. The linens are crisp and high quality. The towels are fluffy and better than most and the room is spotless. It was posh, comfortable and high end. I prefer a room that faces the interior of the hotel as that improves on the room being too hot from all the window's. Plus I think it is fun in the morning to look at all the people working across the lobby. I was able to get the room cooled quickly and stay cool all night.
I would pay full price for this hotel over some other older and drab properties. The staff was great.
I used the internet and never had a problem. I was probably online about 3-4 hours total and did not have any issues.

Room Tip: In the summer choose a room that faces the interior of the hotel. These rooms do not get as hot as...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilimadsn
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I booked through priceline so can not really complain. But will offer my comments for those paying full price. The room was very nice and big. It was clean. The hotel had a nice bar area with decent prices for a higher end hotel. I too had an internet problem but found when I logged out and back in it worked just fine the rest of the weekend. And no additional cost of the internet which is a plus. It has parking but hard to find a spot during work hours as this in an office complex. Also a bit of hassle to get up to the room from the parking. Note, do not park above level five as you can not get into hotel only the office complex. Agree with what others said and wish the refrigerator allowed you to put some of your own item in to cool. One day only one of the elevators ( of three ) worked which was frustrating as there were some long waits. Pool is on the roof so not like some with the nice landscaping, but nice enough. My biggest problem was they did not clean my room one day. When I called down they told me they are a green hotel and do not clean daily unless you ask. Also there were room service trays and half bottles of wine laying in the hallways for a couple of days straight without being picked up. The smell of mustard was getting a little overwhelming.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the back away from front road noise. If you want to use the pool, ask for a room on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business