The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #35 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great hotel and wonderful customer service. The beds were nice and the room decor was splendid. The only "but" for us was the swimming pool, which was a bit small with no hot tub available. Other than that, the hotel is a pleasant one at that, with awesome amenities and "more awesome" guest service. Worth the price and more.

2  Thank SoCool7
InterConTampa, Director of Sales at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

We love AWESOME! Thank you for sharing thoughts of your recent stay with us. I will be certain to pass along your kind words to our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We got 2 rooms over 2 nights for a family of 5. We were taking a trip to Busch Gardens and couldn't find any good hotels close by. We got a really good price for this hotel so decided to try it. We really liked the place and don't really have anything negative to stay. I always rate a hotels cleanliness on whether I am willing to take a bath, shower, or even venture into the tub (stayed at one place once that I wouldn't touch). InterContinental was super clean and I had a lovely soak in the tub.

The staff were all very friendly and accomodating and the decor was gorgeous. Beds were very comfy too. This hotel is definately more of a business hotel rather than a family style, but my youngest (age 5) still loved it. Especially the elevators and roof top pool. Even the guests staying there all seemed happy and said hello in the elevators.

I would definately recommend this.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mirrasi

What a great photo of your son in the glass elevator, he sure looks like he's having a good time. Thank you for your kind comments, we are pleased that you (and the kids) enjoyed your visit. Please think of us as future travel plans call for the Tampa Bay area.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here after a long flight to Orlando and drive to Tampa. Got a small upgrade on check in which was appreciated. The room was excellent, very comfortable and a huge bed. Aircon noisy. Checked in late and had breakfast elsewhere, so didn't spend too much time here, but overall expereience was very good.

1  Thank kevintiobraid
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I ended up selecting this hotel through Hotwire. I needed a last minute hotel, because my elderly Mother was flying down to visit. However, her flight was delayed due to inclement weather, and she was not landing until midnight. Because of this delay, I was unable to pick her up, and we decided she should spend the night in a hotel. After I booked the InterContinental, I called them to let them know that my Mom would be arriving late. The female receptionist was VERY kind and helpful and told me they would make sure the shuttle driver stayed on duty so that they could pick my Mom up at the airport. Even though my Mom is healthy and in good shape, the woman still understood my concerns, and gave a direct number for my mom to call when she landed. After she landed, it only took the hotel 10 minutes to come pick her up. She was then given a nice corner room, and my Mom said she had a very restful sleep; which was important, particularly after spending all day in an airport.
When the children and I arrived the next morning to pick her up, the valet parking attendant was very polite, and allowed us complimentary parking since we were only going up to the room to get her. The lobby was beautiful and the kids loved the glass elevators. Her room had a very comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. The room was small overall, but for one person, or a romantic evening, it would be fine.
I cannot say enough about the front desk staff, and how helpful they were to our family. It was so refreshing to experience this level of service in a time when so often people are sometimes not that courteous.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lovelymommy_10
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed for 2 nights after getting the room for an excellent price. My husband took me for a birthday weekend and it was lovely. The location was excellent and the room was very modern with nice linen and toiletries. One could get to downtown Tampa, Clearwater and/or St. Petersburg on Kennedy Blvd very quickly. The property is also minutes from the Tampa Airport and it is across from Westshore Plaza with shops and eateries. I stay in hotels often and this was a very comfortable room and hotel. Staff at the front desk, as well as service staff, were very helpful as well. I would recommend this property for its location as well as comfort. I will be returning soon.

Room Tip: The hotel is in the sandwiched (middle) between two businesses. It is possible that your room will...
2  Thank bgjconnection
Reviewed 30 October 2011

In sum, a winner in every respect. The rooms are clean, the bathroom organized and roomy, the bar is awesome, and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jyd85
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The overall experience depends on what room you get. First the good: Location is very convenient to airport, shopping and restaurants, free parking, room was clean (but smelly, see below), receptionists were helpful. The bad: The first night we arrived late and were placed in a "Queen" room. What a mess! The room was the size of may be 2/3 of an actual room with little space to go around the bed. Upon entering the room there was a musty/chemical odor that I thought would go away after ventilating the room a bit. No such luck! I could smell that odor all night. The bed was a full bed, not a queen as advertised and was hard. I prefer a firm mattress but this one was just a lumpy hard mattress. We spent the night tossing and turning and got little sleep. I tried to use the "free wireless internet" but couldn't connect. I was able to connect my Ipod in the lounge and was able to use it in the room later, but could use the laptop only in the lobby area. If you need reliable internet go somewhere else. The next day I asked for a different room and was given a King room which was actually decent but the internet problems were the same and you could hear traffic even though we were in one of the top floors.

If you use Priceline be aware that you will likely get one of the crappy rooms. If you pay a higher price and get one of the king rooms you may be a bit more satisfied if you don't need reliable internet.

Room Tip: Get a king room on one of the top floors.
1  Thank BeenToManyPlaces