The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
US$122
HIExpress.com
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$185
US$167
US$160
Hotels.com
1,591 results
All reviewsintercontinental hotelshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetmini barpf changsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsfour starwestshore plazanice mallclose to the airportbusiness travelerfront desk staffbusiness center
Reviewed 25 May 2012

All four star properties have the basics--great linens and a great bar and restaurant for business travelers or high- end vacationers. What sets a property apart is the people behind the scenes.
My would- be "trip from hell " was salvaged by the lovely Niki S. of the front desk crew at the Tampa Intercontinental. After losing my i.d., getting worked over by TSA , and sent packing by the rental car folks, I arrived a wreck, wondering whether the hotel would even allow me to check in. Niki greeted me with warmth and kindness and did everything possible to help me navigate Tampa sans drivers' license for the next two days. I dreaded my stay coming to an end! Every member of the team- from bellman to shuttle driver to front desk staff- makes the Tampa Intercontinental all that a first -rate hotel should be. Bravo!
Thanks Niki!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Yvette,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy to hear Nikki and our team did such a great job assisting you, it means a lot to us to receive such great feedback.
Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is a really nice hotel and the first I have stayed at that has a bathroom scale! Imagine that.
Nice workout room, roof top pool is small.
I won't stay here much because in the atrium, you can see right into the offices across the way. I felt like I was still at the office and felt like I could not unwind after a long day. I didn't think it would bother me at first, but you really can see right into them and you feel like you are on display. I could see post-it notes on people's desks and small details like that.

I did not try the restaurant, but they ended up having a line item on my bill for each day of $0.00 which I thought was weird. Probably a good idea to check that your bill is correct before leaving.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the non-atrium side (if there is one I am not sure)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

On our first trip to Tampa, this was a wonderful hotel to stay at! It is right across the street from an enormous mall, that included at least 3 super fancy (valet parking) restaurants. When asked, the concierge recommended the Italian place at the mall...Maggiano's Little Italy...since we each got a meal to go (included in the price of our meals eaten at the restaurant, wow!) it was an amazing value. And the food was absolutely delicious! And you could ask for something to be made gluten free! Amazing! anyway, since we had these extra dishes of food, we put them into the mini fridge, of course taking everything out to make room. When asked about heating the food up the next day for lunch, the front desk staff told us we could rent a microwave for $5! How awesome! The concierge mentioned that as soon as we removed the items from the fridge, we would be charged for the items, since it is on a weigh scale, directly linked to the hotel, so they can tell what you took out. When we checked out, we just had to let them know what we had done, and they took the mini fridge charges off my bill. He also told us about the New Year's festivities, and asked us the following day how our night was and was just super friendly. All the staff was! It was a wonderful experience :) The room was super clean! I had even left my camera in the room (must've gone under the bed) and they had it for me after we returned from our cruise. Thanks everyone for a wonderful New Year's!!!

Room Tip: probably one away from the elevators - we were on the top floor and not too close to the elevator, but we could still hear them... it was almost white noise by the end tho
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

I am glad you had such a great time and thanks for the great review. Our team is always excited to assist where they can… hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I'm just going to list them:

Rooms are very small and cramped
20" flat screen...sad

Pool had a nice view of the parking garage on the 9th floor.
Pool very small with 3 tables and 10 or so lounge chairs.
Pool deck on two sides only, other two were retaing walls.

Fitness center-half the TV did not work (static or no signal)
A gentlemen came in to clean and instead of changing the towels,
because some were used, he just moved them all from the right side of the machine to the left.

The complimentary parking turned out to be $18.00 a Day!

I ordered the romance package for our anniversary. this was to include flowers, chocolate and champagne.
The flowers were plastic red circles thrown around the room; I guess they were supposed to be plastic rose petals.

Our first room was 1132 which has the window facing Westshore Blvd. All we heard until 2 in the morning were cars racing up and down the street. Then around 6 we heard the delivery trucks, not much sleep.

The room does not have a mini-fridge, but it did have a min-bar where you could but a can of Red Bull for $5.00 or a snickers bar for $4.00. I can buy a case of each for those amounts!

Big disapointment!

Room Tip: It will cosat you an extra $40.00 to guarantee your room type (king, queen etc)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris k

Chris,
Thank you for your review of InterContinental Tampa. I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay; however I greatly appreciate that you have provided us with this feedback so that we may improve. Best wishes for future travels.
-John

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is the second time i stayed over this hotel...when i left i paid and signed the bill. Couple of days later i noticed that they and charged my visa card again. After several calls, they told me that they've forgotten to add the sales tax and other charges onto my receipt. That is NOT MY PROBLEM, i signed and agreed on whatever charges that was on the bill at that time. They have no right to make charges on my VISA card after i leave the hotel. That's a rip off. For all i know they could tell me "oh! there's a charge on the use of the toilette or we forgot to charge $3 on the use of shampoo and conditioner". My point BEWARE of hidden charges it is unacceptable specially when Intercontinental Tampa got rated with a 4 star hotel.....it should be a 2 star hotel. i DO NOT RECOMMEND staying in that hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tahitinice
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Dear tahitinice,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W