“Excellent location.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
atlanta
“Excellent location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We moved here from a hotel on Clearwater Beach due to the freezing weather. We obtained a Hotwire rate that was 2/3 less than the cramped beach hotel. We were able to check in early. There is free parking in the deck but valet parking is also available. It's across the street from a mall, movie theaters and a nice variety of restaurants (Pinkberry & Starbucks included!). The hotel is beautiful, modern and very clean. The staff were all helpful, knowledgable and friendly. Other than not being able to use the room refrigerator (it's completely full with $$ items) for our drinks & leftovers and the wifi not being free, I have no complaints and would definitely stay here again. We also used the free airport shuttle which was very convenient.

Room Tip: We had a view of the lobby. Not exciting but not bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thanks for the nice review. I am pleased to see your vacation was not a complete disappointment due to the weather. Glad we could help!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Polish first
Lantana, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This property is an unusual location, half the room face into an atrium in an office complex. There is a Shula's restaurant on the property. There is a free self service parking garage and $18/night valet parking. The staff is exceptionally friendly- from the front desk, housecleaning, valet etc. Rooms were clean. However, I think this property could be a little better maintained, the doors were not clean- a coat of paint would do and on my particular room- if the door wasn't fully shut it did not close by itself. When i went up to my roon the door was open. The bathtub drain needed fixed. Small things that should be taken care of in a 4 star hotel prior to the guest complaining. The rooms were quote comfortable but I think they need a little TLC in this property.

Room Tip: the room service breakfast was quite good.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your experience with us. I am delighted to see you enjoyed our friendly associates, amenities and clean comfortable rooms. I also appreciate the feedback on the conditions in the property, these are circumstances a guest should never need to bring to our attention and should be resolved before you arrive. I have shared your experience with our team as it is our goal to maintain the hotel in top condition at all times. Thanks again for writing.
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was at the InterContinental for a work conference. The hotel as a whole was very nice. The room was exceptionally clean and fairly well maintained. The hotel can be rather noisy. I would recommend asking for a room that faced the atrium. I was on the 9th floor and my room faced the street and I could hear every rev of a motor and all of the passing traffic. It was exceptionally bad on the weekends. When closing the room door it does close rather loud, actually kind of slams. Every time someone would enter or leave their room I could hear it very loudly in mine. This became frustrating when trying to sleep at 3 a.m. Between the noise outside and the doors slamming it was rather difficult to sleep at times. For a hotel, the beds were very comfortable. The hotel does have Wi-Fi capabilities but charges almost $13 dollars a day for the services. Food was provided several times during the conference and I did order room service once. The food was pretty good, no complaints. The attitude of the staff at the hotel did kind of vary. Some were very friendly and helpful while other seemed like they couldn’t be bothered. Some of the maids had a better personality than some of the front desk staff. If you are flying in from TPA you will have to call the hotel when you arrive to have the shuttle come to pick you up. There is a Walgreens across the street and a Panera Bread and Starbucks. Also, there is a mall directly across from the hotel. You do have to walk back a little farther to get to the entrance but it is not far at all. The mall has numerous shops, 3-4 sit down restaurants and a food court. You are not able to see the water from the hotel unless you go the pool on the 9th floor, you can see it in the distance. I was told it was about a 20-30 minute drive to the main beaches.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the atrium side. Call the hotel when you arrive at the airport for the shuttle...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi Sarah,
Thank you for writing about the positives during your stay and sharing the areas we can improve. It was truly a pleasure to host your group at our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here for a conference and overall enjoyed the stay. The room was clean and comfortable, and the typical conference catering and services were good. Good chain restaurants in walking distance but nothing unique or spectacular. The hotel is only three miles from the airport, and the complimentary shuttle was very convenient. Just a few minor notes though:
--I couldn't seem to find a 'do not disturb' card for the door, and even though they outlined their 'green' policies, they still washed my towels after one night even though they were hanging and not dirty on the floor.
--My room was very near the elevators, where you could hear the compressors all day and night. My room also faced the interior atrium, which meant there was little privacy with an office window right across from mine.
--Inexplicably, there was no hot water my last morning there. I was surprised that a higher-end hotel would have that issue.

Room Tip: Avoid near the elevators and facing the atrium if you want more privacy and quiet.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in offering a clean, comfortable hotel in a great location close to wonderful shopping, dining and entertainment options. Our concierge is great to use as a source for unique local restaurants and true Tampa experiences. I will also review you’re the discrepancies in your stay with our team in the effort to improve our guest experience. I am disappointed to see we dropped the ball on a few issues and will work to resolve this quickly. Thanks for sharing.
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I booked the Interncontinental through Priceline for a 1 night pre-cruise stay. I had an extremely great price, 80$ per night, so I was very happy about getting a 4 star hotel for such a good price. We were only getting into Tampa for dinner time so we did not have much time to enjoy the facilities of this hotel so I can't talk at length about everything this hotel has to offer. Here are the pros and the cons:

PROS:

*The room was spacious, we had booked 2 rooms and were each upgraded to a king size bed, and clean. I had problems with the television and the engineer was in my room in a couple of minutes and resolved the problem quickly and efficiently.
*Location: It is located in front of a nice shopping mall so we went there on the morning of our cruise for a little shopping.
*Staff: We were treated very well by the staff during our check in and check out

CONS:

*Food: They only have expensive options inside the hotel. We had dinner in the bar area and it was more than ordinary for the price. However, we were tired from our day of flying so it did the job. You can cross the street and there are a couple of restaurants in the mall.
*Location: Except for the shopping mall, there is nothing much to do.

It is an excellent choice for our pre-cruise stay. We were more than happy with our choice for the price. I would stay there again in a heartbeat before leaving for a cruise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very pleased your overall stay was positive and you experienced our wonderful associates. I am sorry we were unable to direct you to some less expensive dinner options. Next time you stay with us please feel free to consult with our Concierge. Tiffany is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and will be delighted to direct you to one of the many distinctive restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride from the hotel.
Houston Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is my 6th or 7th stay here, usually for 4 to 5 days each trip. On my previous trips I have had a room with a view of the lobby of the adjacent building, these rooms have been nice and also quiet.
On this particular trip I was surprised to get a room on an upper floor with a view of the bay. A view of the bay also means you are right by the street. Starting at about 6am on a weekend you will hear a lot of road noise. So I am torn, a nice view with street noise, or a lobby view and quiet.
Rooms are nice, very clean. Comfortable bed, way better than the omni I just left.
All in all not a bad hotel, just noisy. Also most flight crews use this hotel, so you can get stuck behind a pretty good size group checking in at any given time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate the thoughtful and fair review and promise we will win over a better review from you next time!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Classy hotel, great lounge and close to shopping, great restaurants, sports and njghtlife. We stayed on the very top floor Bayside with spectacular view of Tampa Bay and beautiful sunsets! Its a very centralized location in Tampa and would probably stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing about our great location, wonderful rooms and the fantastic No Name Lounge! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend so much. Thanks for sharing with our future guests!