“Excellent service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Summit, New Jersey
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Nice very clean hotel. The furnishing seeded a little dated. Needed foam pillows and they arrived quickly. Didn't have king bed on our day of arrival, since there was a large group attending a conference. The front desk staff was pleasant and had another room for us the following day. The beds were comfortable. We met friends and had dinner at Shula's Steak House. The dinner was good, but pricey. We ate at Bern's Steakhouse the time before. Better steak, better price, and better service. We like the InterContiental and will stay again.

Room Tip: Try not to be near elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany S, Guest Relations at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the InterContinental Tampa. We are excited to hear that the front desk staff was able to take care of your needs throughout your stay. We want to also thank you for choosing to dine with us at Shula's Steak House with your friends. We look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
newrock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent one evening here and enjoyed the hotel. The check-in process was very efficient and I found the room to be comfortable, well appointed and quiet. Breakfast in the lobby restaurant was very good. I used the valet parking service and both ends of that process were smooth. Overall, I would gladly stay here again and would recommend the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We are elated to hear that both your check in and valet experiences were efficient and smooth. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on business in September 2013. The hotel is 15 minute drive (max) from Tampa airport. The car park is free and next to the hotel. Check in staff were very nice, along with all other staff I met there. The hotel is part of a complex, and unfortunately there was building work going on during my stay. Shulas restaurant (and the bar food) was excellent. My room was upgraded and was nice enough for the stay. The hotel gym is very limited and the pool was small (outdoor on high floor). Plenty of nearby shops, restaurants and amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed so many amenities and have noted your concerns as well. Thank you for staying with us!
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was my first stay in an Intercontinental Hotel in several years, and was surprised and disappointed to the inattention to details.

In room coffee. I travel a lot, and I am a very early riser. A few hotels do not have in room coffee, but when it is available, it really helps me start my day in a more relaxed and pleasant way. The coffee in my room was very good…the issue is that when I awoke on my second morning in the hotel at 4:30 AM was when I discovered then when my room was cleaned, the coffee was not replaced. It would have been better to not have had the coffee pot and the expectation that I'd be able to relax when I awoke with a warm cup of coffee.

A/C: my thermostat was set at 65 degrees, but never got close. The hallway was cooler.

Plugs: again, as a frequent traveler who spends a lot of time on the road and travels with the usual compliment of electronic devices, there were not enough plugs conveniently located. There was only one plug available close to the desk.

Check-Out: Just for my own benefit, I generally wait until I am all through with check out to see if I will be thanked for staying…when I thanked the clerk for providing me with an updated bill and I thanked her, she said "You're welcome!" That's it! I just spent two nights and my company's money and didn't get a thank you? Very surprising, and--honestly--rude. When I am in front of my company's clients, I always thank them for their business and their trust. If they thank me, I try to be gracious, but will be sure to thank them as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Patrick, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We highly value all of your feedback and we do want to apologize for any inconveniences that you felt you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be discussed with staff and management and we will make sure to address the importance of detail. We greatly appreciate your observations and we want to thank you for staying with us at the InterContinental Tampa!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed for business trip. I don't think this is a typical intercontinental hotel as the decor was not what I am familiar with and the room was smaller than my other stays in this brand. The room was average but comfy.
The staff was great, the service was good. I had a quick bite at the bar. The bartender, friendly, fast, knowledgeable and great with recommendations.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany S, Guest Relations at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback! We are so happy that you had such a great experience with the staff here! We hope to see you again soon!
Averill Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel mostly because of convenience - I was in town for my medical boards which are held at the business center which is essentially part of the hotel.

Some positives: Close to the airport with free shuttle service that departs every 1/2 hour starting at 5am. Room service options are reasonably good with portions that are, perhaps, a little too generous. The room I stayed in was beautiful and was very well cared for - no housekeeping problems that I noticed. The hotel was very quiet and I got a very good night's sleep. Additionally, the front desk staff were extremely helpful and courteous and there is a free business center where you can access the internet and print things.

Some negatives: The layout of the hotel is a bit weird because it's actually located inside of a business center. Most rooms face out into a center atrium and look across the way into the windows of someone's office. In general - if you can see the office person, they can see you - so you probably should keep your curtains closed! My other (wee) complaint is that the internet is not free. For those who are in town to take the pathology board examination, this is a downside as the internet is study resource. However, the hotel HAS tried to accommodate this somewhat, and if you are in town for the ABP, you are able to receive internet service at a 50% discounted rate during your stay. Also, if you order room service do be aware that a 21% gratuity AND a $3 delivery charge are added upfront to your check. Most of the delivery staff will not tell you this - so if you add your own tip, you may actually wind up tipping 40% or more of the total price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for all of your generous comments regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Tampa! We are very thankful for all of your compliments you provided such as the cleanliness of the hotel, the quietness of the rooms and all of the helpful encounters you had with the staff. We have noted your concerns in regards to the internet and private dining fees and have relayed them to the management in those departments. Thank you again for writing a review and we hope to see you again soon!
Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Requested a King Bed but got denied saying the hotel is overbooked, went was that my problem? The receptionist was kind of friendly cold, if you know what I mean.

A Tv remote was broken - technician came and comment on management budget situation.

A Desktop chair was broken - No one ever came.

We checked out after a night even though we booked 3 days.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pong S
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with details in regards to your recent stay at the InterContinental Tampa. We are very saddened to hear that you felt you had to end your stay here with us early due to your mentioned inconveniences. We strive to provide our guests with efficient and seamless service and please trust that your issues will be discussed with the appropriate departments and management. We sincerely apologize for those inconveniences that you felt you experienced and we thank you for providing us with your feedback.