“Overall good hotel but housekeeping timing a real problem”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #37 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Overall good hotel but housekeeping timing a real problem”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night given the hotel was close to the airport. I will second everything the previous posters have said about lovely clean modern rooms and helpful staff. We found the pool area small and drab, irksome that wifi was not free and road noise an irritant despite being in a room on the 11th (top) floor but our biggest grievance which negatively impacted our hotel experience was that on the morning of check out the housekeeping staff came to do our room at 08:05. All that has to be done is coordinate with reception to establish when rooms have been vacated. Why is this not done so that guests are not bothered?! Instead we were rudely awoken. She knocked again at 10am and then again at 12 whereupon she insisted on speaking to us to establish what time we were vacating our room. We had confirmed a later check out time of 1pm with the front desk that morning. They could easily have found that out themselves instead of repeatedly disturbing us. Management should really fix this lack of communication. Other than that, lovely hotel, very well priced. Would return assuming we don't get an unwanted early wake up call from housekeeping!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank travelkat123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Polish first
West Sussex
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I arrived yesterday from a long flight and .. Andrea was at the front desk.. never met her before and wow! she knew how to deal with us straight away.. Anyway.. I went to the business center trying to sort the delivery of an important parcel which I was waiting.. I do not live in the USA and I find myself a bit lost sometime while dealing with sites or phone calls who can keep u waiting and waiting.. .. I went to the front desk asking for help expecting a bit of the same.. but nope.. Andrea listened to my prob and straight away took it on like it was hers! she was happy to wait on the phone etc.. not that I can't make a phone call myself ..but after a 9 hours flights everything seemed too much.. Andrea seemed to be aware of that and ... nothing seemed to be a big deal or trouble.. she was just AMAZING.. And I'm not one to write reviews or similar but pls pls pass my thanks to her... her help was most appreciated. Must add that before I didn't really think that much of the Hotel but now... I'm well impressed and for one I'm looking to return as I know any problems get sorter and .. there are profesionals but genuine staff who are actually making things happening and not just smiling without really meaning a thing.. IMPRESSED MUCH! THANKS AGAIN :)

Room Tip: Bring a jumper with you... even in the summer! I always find it a bit chilly .. :/ My room 610 wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hostee
Wabush
Reviewed 4 December 2013

What a beautiful hotel. The pool was not the best. It had absolutely no atmosphere. The restaurant on the other hand was super cozy and great place to have a drink. The gym was great, access to the equipment was wonderful. The front desk staff were absolute.y superb as we're the staff at the door

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was my first visit to this lovely facility, my new employer is located very near. Kathryn is one of Michelle's team at the Front Desk. When I checked in Sunday, her consideration in putting me in a quiet room was indicative of a high level of customer awareness (I had worked for 37 nights on a project). Kathryn exemplified a professional awareness that reminded me also more so of business time I spent in India, where "the guest is God."

I look forward in giving this hotel more business, as well as it's excellent steakhouse and bar.

Highly recommended!!!

Christopher C. Chambers
chambersc3@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Rooms bordering the street seem very quiet - the front desk will well accommodate such a request.
Green Features: Excellent - sheets changed every 3 days, towels when left for laundry. Their detergent seems odorless and well suited to inducing a peaceful rest, especially for most of us who are sensitive to chemicals.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher C
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights. We were given a corner room at no extra charge. The windows looked directly out over Kennedy Blvd. It is across the street from Westshore Mall & 5 minutes from the airport. Most of the rooms face an interior atrium and business offices. If you like sunlight, this might be a problem for you. Our room was spacious and clean. There was a coffee maker, mini bar, and work desk in the room. We ordered in-suite dining, a late-night, pre-made sandwich, which was great! The lobby is a mix of hotel lobby, bar, Shula's(fine dining), and some shops.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LRogers31
Ciolumbus, OH
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a perfect hotel for business near the airport with no car. If you’re going to Tampa for a bay view room, this is not the right one for you. Service is great, clean, and responsive. If you plan to visit Clearwater and St. Pete, it's likely you'll rent a car. Then you can pick a hotel with bay view

Room Tip: If you're looking for a bay view room do not select this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank telhosseiny
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The Tampa Intercontinental is a reliable 4 plus Star hotel that really know a what it takes to keep a Customer happy. Comfortable and spacious accommodations are enhanced with personal yet professional attention. My family felt at home and secure at all times.
We will be back next time we are in the area.

Stayed December 2013