The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
US$236
US$224
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$140
Hotels.com
US$159
1,592 results
All reviewsintercontinental hotelshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetmini barpf changsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsfour starwestshore plazanice mallclose to the airportbusiness travelerfront desk staffbusiness center
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at this property for 2 days for a business trip. The room I was assigned shared a wall with the elevator, the tub wouldn't drain, and the place smelled like mildew. I asked for a new room and was eventually given one after several unanswered calls to the front desk. When speaking to a colleague, I told him about my room and found out it was the exact room that he moved out of the night before for the same problems. The issues were never addressed. The rooms looking over the courtyard were awful as you cant open your curtains or you will see people in their offices who can also see you.

The banquet staff was very efficient. The only good part about my stay was two staff members who were friendly and very helpful during my stay. They were Jeff (concierge/reception?) and the housekeeper in my new room Crescencia Anwaro.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room that ends in an even number, it looks into the offices across the courtyard and you will have no privacy. Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CatJunky
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear CatJunky,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed here in the past and found it quite good but this time it lacked an edge and is probably best described as tired. Reception staff were friendly and efficient and after check in we grabbed a beer and sandwich at the bar. Food was fine and staff made the right noises but totally lacked any sincerity. The room was disappointing. One light not working, coffee machine leaked and plug in sink would not keep in water. Little points but a hotel of this brand, cost and status should do better. There are much better options in the Tampa area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham S
IHGCare, Director of Sales at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear PhilTSM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the issues you had with some amenities in you room and the dissatisfaction you encountered with some of our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Pluses: excellent room and luxurious bed (Classic Room); free parking with plenty of covered spaces; pleasant staff. However, compared with the Intercontinental brand hotels I'm Singapore, Lindon, Hong Kong etc the reception area and foyer lack grace when we arrived in the evening there was only one receptionist and we had a longish wait. The three concrete reception desks look ugly and unwelcoming.The Bar with No Name is ok but lacks finesse. Small points perhaps but not in line with this top of the range brand

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank _davidius61
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear PhilTSM,

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed 12 January 2014

So we stayed here Jan 2-5th. On the 3rd of January, we left the hotel at 11am and didn't get back to it until after midnight. Only to find that our room was not made up (YES, we DID NOT have the DND sign out on the door). To make matter worse, not only did they NOT clean up the room they managed to flood under my door all the stupid pizzas, chinese food flyers !!!! ... I don't always stay at a 5 stars hotel, I often also stay at La Quinta chains. Even at La Quinta, they NEVER flood the room with all those stupid flyers !!! AND, they never forget to make up the room.

For a hotel that claims itself a 5 stars rating, it sure didn't deliver what it promises.

The next day, I called down stairs before I leave the room to ask them not to forget to clean the room. When I got down stairs, I stopped by the front desk and asked the same thing, again... RUDELY, they replied ," YES, WE KNOW...WE HEARD YOU!" ... what kind of employees did they hire at this particular property ???

DO NOT STAY HERE !!! They are RUDE & LAZY!! .... Save your money, stay at another place.!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank spotmenow
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear spotmenow,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Karen G.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is a pretty good hotel overall. It is close to the airport. Convenient access to major arteries. Downtown isn't at your doorstep. The gym is really small and poorly equipped. The pool on the roof is nice. Overpriced restaurant.

Room Tip: Join IHG and get free wifi.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business