The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Doubletree.com
US$193
US$160
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$200
US$170
Hotels.com
1,596 results
All reviewsintercontinental hotelshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetmini barpf changsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsfour starwestshore plazanice mallclose to the airportbusiness travelerfront desk staffbusiness center
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Got this hotel on hotwire for only $75 a night. Stayed for two nights the beginning of May and was very impressed. We weren't expecting much for that price but were very happy we got this hotel. This hotel isn't new but it has a very nice look and feel to it. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There is a rooftop pool which was very nice one hot day we were there.
The best thing about this hotel is the customer service. We were very impressed how helpful and knowledgeable everyone was. We had a couple of small issues and the front desk took care of easily and with a smile.
There is a restaurant in the hotel, Shula's steakhouse. Great food and incredible service. It's a bit pricy but it is worth it. The bar, also called Shula's was fantastic. The bartenders were excellent as well. Very knowledgeable about what they were serving and made you feel very welcome at the bar.
We wanted a hotel close to the airport which this one was but there were also restaurants and shopping very close by. Would certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review from your previous stay. We are excited to know that the best thing was the customer service at the InterContinental Tampa! We appreciate the value that you put onto our hotel! We hope you choose to stay here again in the future.

-Jeff R

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Gorgeous hotel. Great location. Even greater price since we got a super deal on Hotwire.

Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Even when I got billed for refrigerator items I didn't use -- they quickly corrected it. Unbeknownst to me, the fridges have a sensor, so when I put IN a store-bought yogurt to keep cold, it thought I took something else out! Cool technology, but scary at first!

• Stayed: April 2014
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

It is great to know we could resolve the refrigerator issue without hesitation! Thank you for the kind comments about our staff here at the InterContinental Tampa. We hope you choose to stay with us on return visits to Tampa.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Beautiful property, great location, lovely, quiet, room and comfortable bed. Only glitch, our room was not ready at check-in, so we were nicely asked to wait a short time in the lobby. However, an hour went by and I finally went to Jeff, Concierge Extraordinaire, who made things happen, and treated us very well. He also gave us an excellent dinner suggestion and followed up to make sure our whole stay was superb. Kudos to Jeff R., a very large asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: They should all be good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dale, thank you for such warm hearted remarks about the InterContinental Tampa! I am glad that we could work everything out and get you into a nice room. As the concierge, I loved that you were able to enjoy the recommendations for places to eat in Tampa. I hope you come back to explore what else this beautiful city has to offer!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very much a business hotel. Spent one night on arriving to Tampa before heading to the beach house we rented. Was clean, well appointed and comfortable. Negotiate on your rate. If there nothing active going on at the hotel, you should be able to get an attractive rate. If you have a car, make sure to visit Daily Eats for dinner. Yummy.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevators. Elevators did seem to run a little slow.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

It is great to know that we could provide you with a comfortable nights rest here at the InterContinental Tampa before you headed out to the beach! We are glad you had the chance to eat at Daily Eats, as they are a hidden gem for fantastic comfort food. We wish you safe travels and hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

As an IHG Royal Ambassador Member whenever I travel I always look for a hotel from this prestigious group and last week had me visiting Tampa and the Intercontinental seemed to be a good choice due to its location in the city and closeness to the INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
Upon arrival they valet my car and in to a warm and friendly reception area.I was upgraded to a junior suite which was facing the airport in the distance and located at the end of the corridor.The decor is smart and modern,but not to my taste,the room was expansive with a good work area and differing chairs and couches which seemed odd,walking towards the window behind a wall hides the King bedroom squashed into a limited area but fully functional,although a bit cramped.The breakfast area is a buffet in their Shula's restaurant and was nicely presented,based on the ground floor and facing adjacent offices within a courtyard framework as part of the business complex to which the hotel shares space.It does not have a Club Floor and did not recognise my Royal Ambassador status as a guest until checkout.Ideally suited for the business traveler as my stay was very comfortable and in closing I would stay there again,my only negative comment is that it does not meet the standards of most Intercontinental Hotels as its a rebranded hotel that is a little tired in place and lacks attention to detail in some areas,but that is merely a personal comparison and observation.Visit them and you are assured a comfortable stay at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Go on line and join the Ambassador program,click on concierge and take a tour before deciding……………..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank talentpicker

Thank you so much for being a Royal Ambassador! I appreciate you taking your time to write your wonderful review of the InterContinental Tampa! I am happy to know your stay was comfortable and our staff was friendly. I hope you choose to be our guest in the future!