“Excellent hands on staff --- and stay”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #34 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My hubby and I stayed here Wednesday 28th June just for one night before returning back home. The hotel was very close to the airport and how could you ever go wrong with an Intercontinental!
After spending 2 days at Clearwater, we checked in around 3pm (if you are early I suggest going to the mall across the street, small but decent). The lady that checked us in was very good (sorry I didn't get her name, short dark hair who was in the middle member check in booth). Did all the right thing - acknowledging his platinum amb. status, explaining the hotel and also upgrading us to a junior suite.)
Room - clean, immaculate and very comfortable bed. We were put on the 8th floor and at 5ish someone delivered fruits and a comp fuji water. Even when we went to dinner and came back our bed was touched up with 2 pieces of chocolate left on it - nice gesture.
What stood out the most would be Alex and Kristina (who I believe worked the night time) as they were both pleasant and personable. My hubby wanted to use the pool on the 9th floor, we did go in for a quick swim around 4ish but the sun was blazing and he hates sun! Unfortunately after we came back from dinner at 7pm ish it started thundering and raining.....so of course being an outdoor pool it had to be closed down which is completely understandable.
As we were outside by the entrance you could see how hands on both Kristina and Alex were, at the front desk to coming outside and making sure the valet was going well and if they were busy they'd be helping out. I emphasize both their names as I work in hospitality and hands on is really the best thing management wants, at the end of the day you want someone who takes pride in what they do and not say "that's not my job" and these two ladies proved above and beyond, even to the point where they would tell my hubby they'd call us once the pool opens if it stops thundering.
Kudos to both of you and keep doing what you do!

1  Thank swt85tiners
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We are excited to know your stay at the InterContinental Tampa was pleasant and memorable! Thank you for such wonderful comments about Alex and Kristina. They are great members of our team who strive to go above and beyond in guest satisfaction. We appreciate you taking the time to give a thorough review, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great bathroom and bed!! Great location with nice restaurants within walking distance! Would recommend this hotel to leisure and business traveler that offers a wonderful night's rest. Personable staff that real cares!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such kind remarks about the InterContinental Tampa! We are pleased the rooms, bed, and staff met or exceeded your expectations. We hope you come back to be our guest in the near future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here while down for a business meeting. Love the close proximity to the airport and the office. The hotel is very nice and Shula's is a great place for dinner as well. Within a quick walk is the mall and more dining options as well. The hotel is immaculate and the service is great. The only thing lacking is the pool area, but when on business, I only visited the pool for a couple hours after work one day. The beds are insanely comfortable and the bathroom is plenty big with plenty of counter space.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are overjoyed that you value our rooms here at the InterContinental Tampa, as well as, the convenience of our location! It is great to know you had a great night sleep. We hope you come back soon to stay with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We’ve stayed at this hotel for two nights and thx to Jess at the reception we had a great experience.
When we wanted to check in but Jess noticed that we had booked a double bed. Meaning two separate beds in one room.
Because this was our 10 years anniversary this configuration was not really romantic. We explained our situation to Jess.
The problem was that all the kingsize beds where already booked it was really difficult for her to find a solution but she managed
To find a solution. Jess saved our two days stay at the hotel and on top of that we received a bottle and a cake to celebrate our anniversary.

Thank you Jess.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Steven, thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Tampa for your 10th anniversary! I am ecstatic to hear Jess went above and beyond to create that memorable experience we strive for. I hope you choose to stay with us on your next trip to Tampa!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I did a down and back trip to Tampa earlier this week. Checked in to the InterContinental and was very pleased. A smallish hotel, with good parking and across the street from what appeared to be an upscale mall. Although I was only there for one night, I enjoyed the professional and friendly attitudes of all the personnel I had contact with, and the room was very nice, and very well maintained. I will give this hotel another try on my next visit to Tampa--it is definitely a contender for my hotel of choice in this city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

There is no better feeling than knowing you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Tampa! I am pleased the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were to your liking. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed at this property a few times for business and I've never had a bad experience. The rooms are always nice and well kept. You can't beat ordering room service from Shulas downstairs and unwinding after a hard day or work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

It excites me to hear that each stay with us at the InterContinental Tampa has been excellent! I am thankful you value our rooms, as well as, the private dining from Shula’s Steakhouse. We look forward to your return to Tampa!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed for 1 night and were so sad to leave. This hotel is more of a business/conference hotel, but it felt like home away from home. We were helped tremendously by the front desk staff, Alex in particular. She was so warm and personally took on our requests with such friendliness. The room was phenomenal with a great view of the bay. I feel like they really had details in mind with this hotel. We would most definitely look to stay at InterContinental again, wherever we go.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay side have a great view. For sunset lovers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Sandy, it excites me to hear that we made your stay memorable! Alex is a wonderful team member who knows how to go above and beyond in customer service. It is great to know that you also value our bay view rooms. I hope you come back to stay as our guest again!