“I enjoyed my stay again at this facility. The location was...”

Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF
Ranked #44 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay again at this facility. The location was perfect across from the university. The staff was wonderful especially at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
tampa094, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

It is always so wonderful to see repeat guests. Thank you so much for your candid comments about our staff. We greatly appreciate your time. Thank you for choosing Wingate by Wyndham we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I think all of us who are doing a review for this hotel better be careful because word is getting out about how great it is. If we keep spreading the word, we might find them all booked up when we come back with we KNOW we will. I had a recent business trip where I stayed for 14 nights. I TRIED to come up with just one negative during my stay and finally I did. They USED to carry grapefruit juice for breakfast but they now only carry orange and apple. So that's my complaint. There you have it. After 2 weeks it's all I could say negative. The desk staff, Adrian, Beatriz, Crystal and Genesis always went above and beyond. Manuel the manager obviously knows how to run a hotel! And then there is Cosmito. Talk about going above and beyond! He would do ANYTHING for you. In the dining area is Maggie and Connie were always so pleasant and helpful every morning at breakfast. My job will most likely be bringing me back to this area and I will absolutely be staying here again. That is if we all haven't ruined a good thing for ourselves by telling everyone what a terrific hotel this is.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is a wine and beer bar in the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
tampa094, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

It was such a pleasure to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was wonderful to read your comments about Manny and Cosmito. Beyond their duties as employees, it is part of their nature to go above and beyond for the wellbeing of others. We are so glad the only issue you could find was the grapefruit juice; I have to admit I am grapefruit juice drinker myself. Again, it was a pleasure having you here at our property and we look forward to seeing you on many more trips.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had a room on the second floor which we found very acceptable with a large double bed, sofa area, microwave, fridge, and en-suite. A large room which we thought was great. We found the hotel clean and tidy, though eating off polystyrene plates and using plastic knives & forks for breakfast took a bit of getting used to. Breakfast though was good with a range of choices of things to eat. I would stay at this hotel again and would use the chain in other areas based on my experience here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure reading your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad you were satisfied with your stay and are interested in our hotel chain. We definitely hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very satisfied with all aspects of our over night stay. Our staying is due to my having procedures at USF and getting hospital rates is a plus and it is a short distance from the facility..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
zamiraR92, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2015

Thank you for you wonderful review of the Wingate by Wyndham. We look foward to your next Tampa vist. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Wingate by Wyndham,
Front Office Manager

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
tampa094, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
tampa094, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013