“I reserved a room with queen beds but when we got there...”

Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF
Ranked #33 of 162 Hotels in Tampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was clean ,beautiful,fun and quiet! My son and I had a blast at the pool and spa! Marina at the front desk was incredible! She helped us with directions for food and entertainment.She was also courteous and down to earth! I cant wait for the next family vacation at the Wingate!

• Stayed August 2014
tampa094, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you CarlosChaos954 for the great review of our hotel and most importantly, our great front desk agent Marina. She is a great person and we are lucky to have her as part of our team. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I staid here for two nights starting 08/02/2014. The check in staff was very attentive and friendly. They tried to assess your needs so they can accommodate you appropriately. However, they only had one person working when I arrived with several guests ahead of me so my check in time was a longer than what I expected. Her friendliness and apology made up for it. The check in staff always greets you when you enter or exit the hotel.

Although my room was closest to the elevators, it was on the 4th floor and it was pretty quiet. The room is pretty large. The smell was little off. As far as the bathroom goes, there were foreign hair, especially in the corners and the tub, and that grosses me out. I have observed tiny black ants in the bathroom the first night, they were not there the second day, but were there again the second night. maybe 3-4. The tub is very slow to drain, which also grosses me out. I did report this second morning and asked that they attend to it, but when i returned back that day and showered it was just the same. I am not sure if anyone checked it out. I feel like my feet are sitting in filthy water, so I have to wash my feet separately.

Green Features: How about having a separate trash container for recyclables?
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Jay G for writing a review of your stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that your room was not prepared probably for you. I have shared your review with housekeeping to make them aware of this very rare mistake on their part. They all take their jobs very seriously and personally. I know this will not happen again. I am also pleased to let you know that we do have recycling container available in the lobby and elevator areas. Each area has a green trash can for all recyclables.

Once again I am very sorry with missed the mark on your most recent stay. I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in Tampa. We would love the opportunity to show you that our product does match the level set by our great front desk staff.
Smyrna
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

6th-11th of july . I stayed at this Wingate in Tampa. Seeing im from out of town. Thr staff was very freindly an helpful. Clean an very Nice size rooms. The pool an Hot tub were both close. I am a smoker but I rather stay where smoking is not allowed. Location ok, not much in walking rang. Seeing it rain every 30 mins while we were there. Over all i will return.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Patton A
Thank you Patton A for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We have since gotten the pool and spa in working order for the next time you come and see us. Hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here from the 12th to the 18th with our 23 month old. Upon arrival we were checked in by Z. He was very pleasant and professional. I had called ahead during the week to request a crib for our room from Laura who was also at the desk at check in. She seemed to care less so Z made a quick call to confirm and indeed it was in our room albeit a bit dated as far ad Pack n Plays go. We received a welcome bag of bottled water, M&M's and pretzels which was an unexpected nicety.
There was a sign on the Jacuzzi door and the second elevator saying they were out of service. They both remained out of service for our entire week stay. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing Fowler Avenue. A/C worked fine, bathroom, bed and sitting area were average. Right off the bat we had difficulty with our safe. Z came up immediately and reset it.
The pool area was average and our little one had fun. Unfortunately the pool was closed for maintenance from our last night on. Pretty disappointed we were unable to get one last swim in before we left.
Breakfast wasn't as bad as everyone writes. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, etc. Great for budget conscious parents!
Overall our stay was ok. I should have asked for a 4th floor room as the very rowdy Busch Gardens crowd were quite loud coming in after 10:30 - 11. (Parents bring a sound machine to drown this out!) Plus traffic on the Fowler Avenue side got a bit loud at times.
Like the previous reviewers, I too woke up each morning from our second night on with mysterious red bites.
We would not stay here again. Great customer service but the facilities fell short.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank thecookingmama
tampa094, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you thecookingmama for your review. Z is a fantastic person and I am thrilled that he was able help you all throughout your trip. I am, however very that we have missed the mark on other aspects of your trip. Please reach out to me directly at 813-979-2828. I love the opportunity to discuss these matter with you and make it up to you.