“Not bad but noisy”

Courtyard Tampa Downtown
Ranked #64 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The good- Friendly receptionist and greeting. Surprisingly great breakfast (cooked to order). Good coffee in room. Hi-def TV. We got room with jacuzzi bath and that was heaven though quite slow to fill. Valet person very helpful when we left as we were in a hurry.

The not so good-.We were on the top floor (sixth) and it was very noisy from cars on the street, at 11:00PM at night. We had to get up at 5:45AM and it was hard to sleep. Then at 11:00PM a train comes buy and blasts it's horn for about five minutes. My wife and I actually laughed and said nobody would believe it. Bed was only semi-comfortable,seemed like a relatively older type of mattress. Only had valet parking which was $14/night. However most of the downtown hotels stick you with that.

In all fairness, it is in city central. If you like hotels in Manhattan NY, you won't be bothered. But surely they could insulate better.

Next time we'd stay about a mile away from downtown in Westin or near the water.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you don't want street noise. Stay her if you don't care, it's dec...
1  Thank stevesigal
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for the review. I am glad that you found the staff super friendly and that you liked the location. I do apologize about the street noise. While you did point out that we are a downtown location and located in the heart of the city noise is not generally an issue so I do apologize. Thanks again for the review and safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tampa Downtown

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed one night, convenient location with free downtown shuttle. We used the shuttle to go to the times forum, and walked back. Clean, quiet (never heard a bit of noise), friendly helpful staff. (the people in the Tampa area were great. Couldn't be nicer . friendly helpful .)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gbay_ns_

Thank you for the great review! We are in close proximity to the events at the Times Forum and even though it is walkable having the shuttle makes it really easy. We hope to see you again soon for a future event and safe travels!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is similar in style to many Courtyards. Same lobby, same rooms. However, the distinguishing factor between these mid-range Marriott hotels is the staffing. This Marriott has an excellent staff! Helpful staff is an expectation, FRIENDLY while being helpful gets you five stars. I had to check out on Sunday, but was not picking up my daughter from her commitment until 6pm. I had full use of the pool and facilities, they brought me ice, fresh towels, and recommended a restaurant close to where I was picking up my daughter. The only negative was upon check-in (at 11pm). We had four people staying in the room and only 3 towels. I pushed the pre-programmed "hotel services" button on the phone and it rang endlessly. I went to the front desk and asked for another towel. He asked me why I didn't just call "0". When I said that I had "pushed the hotel services button" he said, "oh, I don't think that button has ever worked here."

Seems to me like they could program that button to ring the front desk.....

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much for your rating and review. I am so glad to hear about the great service experience that you had at our hotel. I do apologize about the "pre-set" button on the phone not working properly and will follow-up on that matter. Being a downtown location space is a premium and unfortunately parking like in most major cities does have to be part of the travel plans. I am proud of the fact that there is only one hotel within downtown that has cheaper overnight parking rate than we do and that is because they own there parking lot. So rest assured that the fee for parking is higher at just about every hotel in Tampa. Again, I appreciate your great review and appreciate your comments and feedback. I hope to see you in the near future for a return trip. Safe travels!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have stayed twice so far at this place. Location is excellent, right downtown and close to several restaurants, bars, etc. Checkin is quick and efficient. Staff is excellent - ver professional. The rooms are clean and well kept albeit an older hotel. Only complaint I have is the parking situation. They charge $14/day for parking. That is ridiculous. I found my own parking elsewhere. Otherwise, it is a very nice place away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view on a higher floor. No street noise at all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the comments and and being a return guest! I will share your comments with the staff about the the great experience. Hope to see you again next year for a Rays game and another stay. Safe travels!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for a Rays playoff game and was pleasantly suprised. The staff was excellent, breakfast was good, and overall very quiet. This is one of the better hotels in the area and I will come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Not so close to the Interstate as the West Shore Courtyard, and within walking distance of many office buildings, restaurants, and downtown Tampa attractions. It has one of the modernized new Courtyard lobbies with fancy TV and Bistro, and a nice actual courtyard closed off from the streets between it and its neighboring Residence Inn. Otherwise, your average typical Courtyard.

Room Tip: You might better like the south side facing the downtown, view is slightly more interesting.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. As you mentioned we are downtown but one of the hidden gems of our hotel is the Courtyard area. This area is closed off with high privacy walls in a tropical setting that contains our pool, fire pit, built in grill and a basketball court. You absolutely forget that you are in a downtown enviroment. Thank you again for the comments and we hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels a lot for work travel. Their beds are always comfortable with great pillows. This particular hotel has very friendly staff, but not as clean feeling as most Marriotts. The toilet had mold in it and the room felt moist. I had free WiFi which is great. If you are traveling for work there is an organic store within walking distance as well as an Irish pub. I might stay here again, but they should clean a little better.

2  Thank Mary L

Thank you so much for the positive comments on the staff. I look forward to sharing it with them. I am sorry that you had an issue with the room. We take great pride in our hotel upkeep and our customer service. I hope that you will find time to have another stay with us in the future. Thank you for the feedback and safe travels!