Courtyard Tampa Downtown
US$151
SailportSuites.com
US$616
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfiltered watercourtyard marriottnorman parathyroid centertypical courtyardfront deskthe performing arts centervalet parkingart museumchildren's museumfree shuttlewithin walking distancebasketball courttampa downtownshuttle serviceself parkstreet noiseconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were in town to see the Bruins play Tampa in hockey and to visit some relatives. We arrived early but were able to check in. Hotel staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean. I picked the hotel due to its proximity to the arena and it's price which was quite reasonable. Also being a Marriott you expect a certain level of quality and I was not disappointed. The hotel is in the downtown business district so there isn't a lot happening in the immediate area. There are some restaurants and bars but there is a free shuttle service that can take you to Ybor city or if you have a car it is a short ride away. One note on the shuttle we requested it to take us to the arena and were given a 20 minute time frame for it to arrive. 40 minutes later still no shuttle so we took a cab. Other then that I would stay here again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for the positive review and the kind comments! I am pleased that you had a positive experience. I am unsure why the shuttle took so long. I do know that sometimes on the nights of events like the hocky game you were going to we get caught up in the same traffic as all those attending the game when we drop people off for the event. So I do apologize about that but again happy that your overall experience was very positive. Safe travels!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I wound up staying at the hotel due being at meeting right downtown. As such, the hotel was very well located for that purpose. However, I would not say that area of Tampa is brimming with restaurant choices and things to do. The hotel was nice and modern and the staff was good as well. One thing to be aware of, there is a train that goes right down the middle of the street one block up. ANd when it goes down the street it is LOUD. The latest I heard it was 10PM and I was on the phone with my wife and she could hear it without my being near the window.

Room Tip: Back of hotel not facing train tracks.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the high rating! I apologize if the train disturbed you and that almost makes me wonder if possibly the window was not closed properly because we get little feedback on that issue. With that said, I do appreciate the high rating. As for the restuaramnts we have 17 within 3 blocks of the hotel and while that does include some fast food options we do have a good variety within close proximity to the hotel. Not to mention that our complimentary shuttle services a two mile radius and covers all the restuarant options in the downtown area!

Again, thank you for the positive review and safe travels! We hope to see you back at our location in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here in December 2012 before and after a cruise for my cousins wedding. I chose this hotel because of the shuttle service and location to cruise terminal and downtown. The taxi ride from airport was not long @$20, the taxi driver knew exactly where the hotel was located. Once at the hotel I was greeted promptly and my luggage taken inside for me. Check in was a breeze, room was clean and ready before check-in time, the view was great and the front desk pointed me in the right direction to find some lunch within walking distance. After lunch I took a nap, quiet hotel even next to the busy street.
The shuttle service to the pier was excellent and prompt and upon return I just called the driver directly, he told us where to meet him at the pier and he was there within minutes! The shuttle also took us to Ybor which was a great part of the city to experience.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Great views if you stay in the front of the hotel but you are right on a main street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Great comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your hotel experince. We are a great place to stay for cruise passengers like your self and as you mentioned the complimentary hotel shuttle service can take you to the cruise port as well as any location in a two-mile radius. Thank you for the comments and I am happy to share them with the team. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future for another cruise. Safe travels!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is an overall clean hotel. Just has a few service issues. First, we called and asked about shuttle services which we were told the shuttle ran frequently so we wouldn't need a car to get where we wanted to go. The morning of our event which was held in downtown Tampa at the convention center blocked off many streets which meant the shuttle could drive us a bit of the way and then drop us which was fine. When we came out the doors and asked for the shuttle the guy was kinda smart and rude and said he would get us as far as he could. That's really all we required we just didn't want to walk the way because we were going to be participating in an endurance event within the hour. When you use the shuttle you have to walk back from where ever they took you which was fine it was just when we went back out the doors and wanted to go somewhere else the shuttle was not there and we were told to wait 10 minutes. We waited and half hour passed so we left and walked on foot to where we wanted to go. I've been to other Courtyards and they ran that shuttle fast and took guest anywhere they were allowed with no lip or problems. Second biggest disappointment was when my husband arrived he is an elite member and we were told we have to put a credit card down for incidentals, we don't have a credit card so we used a debit card in which we were told they would only hold $80 (prorated based on number of days stayed), later the night of check in we looked at our bank account only to find that they charged our card $80 and additional $60. When they take it from a debit card it takes money out of your checking account immediately. The front desk acted as if it was no big deal they were holding almost double the money they initially asked for out of your account. We then asked how to get to Busch Gardens in which we were introduced to a cab driver who was sitting in the lobby evidently booking cabs for the next day and we were told we could call and have a cab in about an hour. When the next day came, we called and they didn't want to come get us until 2 hours later because they could make more money from cruise ship passengers than us. Glad we didn't get mixed up in that we just went out to the street and picked up a cab and upon leaving Busch Gardens picked up a cab. I was scared to call for a return because I thought they would give us heck about trying to pick us up. Manager may want to not use that particular company any longer. I am not impressed and will never stay at this courtyard again. Balcony had no furniture on it to sit. Pool was dirty, I wouldn't swim in it with the stuff all over the bottom of it. Overall, it was one big let down.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelgrl4life

Thank you so much for the helpful comments. I am glad that you felt the hotel was clean but disappointed you had an issue with our complimentary shuttle service. As you mentioned you were here for the Gasparilla running events and this closes a lot of streets in the downtown area and significantly impacts our shuttle service. Due to the detours and traffic congestion it does slow our shuttle response times. Our drivers and staff are sometimes unable to give as accurate times as they do on most days due to these special events and street closings. Normally, this is a great ammenity to our guest and we will make sure that for those few special events that have street closures we try to do a better job in communicating the possibility of longer wait times to our guests. Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've been a Cruise Director for Royal Caribbean for 15 years so I understand and recognize excellent customer service when I see it. From Kim at the 10pm checkin to Kenneth at the Valet, ALL were genuinely on their game and provided 5 Star Customer service and
communications skills.
They turned an ordinary overnight stay into a memorable experience. Thank you Courtyard Marriot, Tampa-Downtown!

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you so much for your review and the great rating. Reviews are always important to us but when we get one from within the hospitality industry especially one from the cruise industry it means that much more to the team. Thank you again for your comments and safe travels!