All reviews filtered water typical courtyard norman parathyroid center front desk performing arts center valet parking within walking distance free shuttle tampa downtown residence inn street noise shuttle service self park convention center mile radius starbucks coffee marriott hotels
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We arrived to be told they had a sewer issue and we couldn't use the water between 10-3. Our room smelled like sewer but they wouldn't believe us until the second night when management came to see/smell for themselves. After gagging, we were immediately moved. Our smoke detector had tape all over it and the outlet outside had an open cover next to the dirty hot tub. Lynn at the front desk was extremely rude. I was comped one night but that wasn't enough and they refuse to do anything about it. This hotel really hurts the Marriott name. I will think twice about going to a Marriott again.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda F
DKauble, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear flynndalin2017,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to hear about your experience. As you can see from our previous reviews, this is not a typical experience and I want to take a moment to apologize for the experience you encountered. I assure you my team is committed to ensuring all of our guests have a memorable experience and they always go above and beyond if our hotel has fallen short in anyway. We understand that the room you were given had an odor issue and a covered smoke detector due to a renovation error and the construction team has rectified both of these issues. We hope that you will give us a second chance after renovations are complete to show you a more positive experience.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The front desk staff and location are truly great. The horror starts when you proceed passed the nicely refreshed lobby. The rooms are outdated and needs a makeover ASAP. We elected to leave early as our room was already occupied by roaches. I turned the light on in the morning only to realize that they were having a party that I wasn’t invited to. They immediately scurried like teens after noticing they’re friend’s parents unexpectedly came home early to find an unauthorized party.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear jjchizzle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to hear about your experience. As you can see from our previous reviews, this is not a typical experience and I want to take a moment to apologize for the experience you encountered. I assure you my team is committed to ensuring all of our guests have a memorable experience and they always go above and beyond if our hotel has fallen short in anyway. If you would like to discuss this matter, please feel free to contact me anytime at 813-229-1100 so that I can identify the room you were in and have our pest control company rectify this issue immediately.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. First, you will valet the car and check in. The location is close to Clearwater Beach and to MacDill Airforce Base. The hotel has a shuttle that will drop off and pick up. (Driver is very nice) He recommended a pizza place after picking us up, dropped us off then picked us up again!
The rooms are clean and beds comfy. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Lucy F,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Tampa Downtown! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will share your compliments with the staff, they take pride in taking care of our guests and hearing feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Not sure where the previous reviewers met these friendly staff, as all front desk staff are possibly the most unfriendly I’ve ever come across, seems you’re disturbing their day by being there and look at you and talk to you like you are a piece of crap.

Valet was nice and friendly and offered parking options, but check in and later asking for extra pillows at front desk never happened. Ended up going back 5 hours later as we still didn’t have them.

Brief stay as going to see a show at the Straz Center and a short easy walk away. I appreciate hotel under renovation but rooms badly in need of improvement. Stained couch and carpet, chipped furniture, mold in the bathroom and chipped tiles and my particular favorite what looked very much like an unchanged bottom sheet on the bed. So at 11pm remade it with the spare sheet in the closet. Having traveled the world never had to make my own bed.

We have breakfast booked but won’t be holding my breath on that. Am usually loyal to Hilton and stayed there last visit to the Straz but this is nearer. The convenient location isn’t worth it when they are very similar in price, the Hilton is head and shoulders above this.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown twice now, and both times were extremely taken with the friendliness of the staff, whether it be the front desk, shuttle driver, valet...…….pretty much everybody you come in contact with. There are several restaurants in easy strolling distance, or you can take the free shuttle if you prefer. We totally recommend First Watch for breakfast----awesome. Stay away from Malio's Steakhouse though, I'm not sure why the Courtyard recommends it. over priced, ostentatious, and not much food to eat when served, I was starving still, when we left! We'll stay at the Courtyard Downtown again if ever back in Tampa, they really are a terrific crew of people.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 2greenlefty,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Tampa Downtown! I am so glad you returned and enjoyed your stay. I will share your compliments with the staff, they take pride in taking care of our guests and hearing feedback. I will also make sure we discuss Malio's and whether or not this location should continue to be a recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.