“A most interesting lobby..... :)”

Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Ranked #80 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As others have said the lobby is rather full of "stuff". It is a small lobby with lots of knick knacks everywhere. Which as I found out later they chance with every holiday/season. It's interesting/amusing but it doesnt effect your stay. The hotel is small but it was well kept and quiet. There was a pool which we did not use. The room was decently appointed with 2 comfortable beds and a couch that folded out. Refridgerator in the room was nice. Tub actually had a spa built into it which would have been nice to use if I had the time..... The breakfast was ok... not great but served it's purpose... pre processed egg patties and bland ham on the hotbar... They did have sausage gravy and a waffle maker akin to the "La Quinta" machine.
Staff was very polite and helpful. Overall an inexpensive stay Clean, quiet and comfortable... What more could you ask for????

Room Tip: The pond/fountain in the back makes for a nice view. Close to several dining establishments.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Natasha G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would also like to let you know we have recently addressed our interesting lobby and is committed to enhance the lobby area even further in the coming months.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon for your next visit in the area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon

Reviewed 28 August 2012

The rooms are nice and clean. This is not a big place but is well kept. The pool area is clean and has a hot tub. No onsite resturant but there are many eateries in walking distance. The hotel does have a continental breakfast in the lobby area.

Room Tip: I always like to face the pool. The other side faces hwy 60 and is very busy. There are many places...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This is a clean older hotel, but it met our needs. First impression when I walked through the door was not the best. The lobby and breakfast area is way too full of "tacky" decorations. Staff was polite and everything is clean. Considering the price, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a standard Comfort Suites that offers clean rooms and corridors, comfortable bed and sofa, spacious breakfast area, and prompt, friendly service. Their outdoor pool looked fine, although it poured rain during my 2-day stay. Breakfast was fine and extensive.

The only think I would drop–or at least scale way back on–is the Americana kitschy stuff that crowds out the lobby. It gives a far from professional image when you first walk in. Also, two of the comfortable lobby chairs are occupied by full size stuffed people dolls.

If you can avert your eyes when you walk through the lobby, you will enjoy a fine stay.

For the CS category level of hotels, I give this one "excellent."

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I travel a lot and this was the worst customer service I ever. One ever shift the desk clerk was out side smoking and we had to wait on them to finish to help me and my son. The breakfast was so disgusting that I wouldn't let me 7 year old son eat. I took him to Burger King across the street. There were ants in the bathrooms and the only thing they offered was for me to come down and get ant spray. They said it Florida what do you expect. I would have thought they would have offered to move us to another room. But they didn't do anything. I will be writing to Choice Hotels about the problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kwillie2001
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Yes, decorating is "kitschy" but we've stayed here before & found it a good value. However, we'll look elsewhere after our last experience. Upon rising, we saw many little bugs(ants?) on the bedside table and after killing the visible ones, went to breakfast & to tell the desk clerk. Her response in a VERY patronizing tone of voice was "Well, Sugar, it is Florida & we have bugs" Really??? SUGAR? WE HAVE BUGS? What kind of response is that! I'm in my 60"s and LIVE in Florida. No solutions just excuses "the pest people were here just last week" and "I'm sorry". How about "I'll send someone up to check it out" or "I'll take $$ off your bill for the inconvenience, or "I can change you to another room" (especially since I had informed her we HAD been planning to stay until checkout time).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This place was disgusting. The lobby looked like St. Paddy's Day exploded in the lobby and the breakfast area was decorated with leftovers from an old Home Interiors Decorating party. I found the staff not only rude but defiantly so. The room was dirty enough for me to know the guest before me used Old Spice soap, the bathroom was dirty, the sofa bed stained, the carpet may have never been cleaned.

Avoid this hotel. Three truck loads of people in the parking lot drinking beer and throwing beer cans but staff was more concerned about counting the number of people in my room.

Room Tip: Avoid this place...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank S S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park

Been to Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!