“Good business hotel”

Ranked #85 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Maui
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2007

Obviously an interested and active owner; very clean, highly decorated lobby, quick service on requested repairs. Walking distance to several restaurants, close to I75, good parking, plenty of amenities.

Breakfast is above average.

• Liked — Interested and active owner
  • Disliked — No public computer/printer for guests
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank antennaman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 22 October 2006

I reserved four rooms a month in advance, and called the day before to confirm the reservation. On the day of arrival, I called to see if the bus driver could check in to rest for the afternoon. I was informed that our reservations had been canceled that morning due to pre-authorization on my credit card. (My credit card company had no record of an attempted transaction). The manager was uncooperative, but finally agreed to re-instate the reservation. She would not allow the bus driver to park on hotel property. He had to park across the street and cross 8 lanes to get to the hotel. The hotel is nice, but not worth the risk of having my reservation canceled without my knowledge or consent.

• Liked — Nice hotel
  • Disliked — Difficult manager
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank broadcaster1

Travellers are raving about these Tampa hotels

Reviewed 30 May 2004

Well, I see now that I should have checked this site before ever staying at this hotel. The location and building are fine, the problems are w/ the people who work in the building. When I saw the two previous reviews, I could only smile knowingly and sympathetically to my fellow reviewers.

Apparently we were booked in one of those "Non Smoking" rooms that ashtrays are delivered to, because when we walked into the room, it was permeated w/ cigarette smoke odor. We immediately went back to the front desk to request another room when the same desk clerk sarcastically explained that since we had been in the room, it was now considered "dirty" and had to be cleaned, and of course paid for by us. After arguing w/ him for almost 10 minutes, having him explain to me repeatedly that he is "a business man", he got a female manager to speak with us.

After another 10 minutes, she reluctantly acquiesced and gave us a room that did not smell like George Burns' hair piece. I called for a wake up call from the front desk, and my wake up call was never placed. When I went to the front desk to complain about my lack of a wake up call, I was told that there was no record of a call being requested.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone that I think of favorably.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2004

The hotel was nice but the staff was the absolute worst, including the general manager(Jean Calvert). I was there on business with three coworkers working on a new contract for 11 nights. We will be returning many more times over the next 2 years but we will not stay here again. Everytime I walked by the front desk Lance was saying something inapropriate. For example I heard him tell a guest that "it's ok with me if you smoke on the non-smoking floor, I'll bring you an ash tray". I had a question for Mrs. Calvert about the availability of high speed internet. Our conversation ended with her yelling "NO" repeatedly. She will never know how much money her and her staff lost in future revenue that day.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2004

We stayed as a group at the Comfort Suites in Brandon, FL. When we first made our reservations, Lance, the desk clerk who has absolutely no power to do anything took it upon himself to act like a manager to get our business. Once they got our business, Lance completely changed his tune. We arrived and Lance was EXTREMELY rude to our group and our driver. We asked to speak to the manager and when we did the General manager, Mrs. Calvert continued to be rude to us. As a group, we had 30 people staying there but we will NEVER go back due to the fact that they were completely unaccomodating and obnoxious. Travelling as much as we do, we have never experienced poor service such as this.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member