“Bare Bones”

Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ranked #24 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 8 July 2008

The positive is that it is close to Busch Gardens so I guess this is convenient for those going to Busch Gardens.

I found it a little too simplistic for my tastes. The room was okay, the bathroom extremely small; reminded me of a bathroom on a cruise ship. I also don't believe that the housekeeping staff did the best job that they could do. The room was clean but there was evidence that they did not pay attention to detail, as I found little things that were quite obviously trash and left by accident, remained in place until I threw them out (like little pieces of tissue; -- insignificant but symptomatic of a larger problem?) And, we had to call for towels on the evening just before the sink backed-up, causing us to have to change rooms. The room change was handled efficiently by the staff, however.

The rest of the staff was very pleasant.

Based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, I had high expectations, not necessarily of a luxurious stay, but of one a little more than functional. I guess Hyatt Place is just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JustsaygoNy

Reviewed 4 June 2008

Have just come back from this hotel as part of our honeymoon in Florida, here are our positive points on this hotel:

1) Spacious room with large flat screen TV/kitchen area/sofa area/separate bathroom.
2) Very comfortable BIG bed!
3) All amenities/internet access on site/starbucks/free complimentary breakfast.
4) Outdoor pool area
5) Staff very polite, always welcomed us on arrival into the hotel, helpful and cheerful.
6) Great location for Busch gardens/Adventure island (water park)/shops and malls in close proximity(walmart/target etc) plenty of food chains and diners nearby.

Negatives:

1) Very busy sat/sun with families (was memorial day weekend so people off work) could'nt get to the breakfast area so grabbed a banana and tea and went back to the room,very hectic!
2) Room wasn't cleaned on 2 occasions, kept getting missed!

This hotel was comfotable,clean and good sized rooms, an ideal base for our 1st week in the west coast of florida to visit attractions as planned, very pleased would reccomend to all.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2008

This is the second Hyatt Place I have stayed at. It was a good experence. The rooms are always the same. BIG TV and comfortable sitting area. Bed is comfortable. Tub is strange in that the bottom is kind of curved in the middle???? The breakfast was easy to get something to take back to the room. I still do not understand the order process; when I checked in the girl told me it was included but then I saw a menu with prices in the morning. I picked up a muffin, fruit and cereal ...it was fine. They have starbucks coffee also. Like I have sayed this was my second experence with Hyatt Place (one in Birmingham and this one) and they are exactly the same. The girl checking me in said that was the point and I could expect that everywhere. WIth that in mind I am sure I will continue to seek these out with future travel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2008

What a hotwire deal $45.00 I wish I would of just stayed here for my whole vacation but Our Last night it was worth it. As with all the Other reviews the room was awesome the staff is outstanding we had a room with a bad AC and we were moved to another room and the staff was super courteous.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2008

We chose this hotel after weighing up the other reviews on TripAdvisor for hotels in and around Tampa, specifically near Busch Gardens. We made the right choice.

Hotels in Tampa seem to be sigificantly more expensive than other places we stayed at in Florida, so we realised that getting a room for around $100 a night just wasn't sensible unless you want to end up in a dodgy room or location. We paid around £80 for a king-size room through expedia. The money we paid was worth it - all rooms have a partitioned off living/work area with an enormous, and I mean enormous TV! The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well there all but one night.

The one night in question was an exception to the quiet-room experience. From around 9pm we heard music coming from outside, but figured it would quieten down by 10.30 or so. It didn't. At around 1am I got up to turn up the fan in the hope that it would drown out the music. It didn't. But the fan and some ear plugs did. We never did find out what caused the noise, though I suspect there must be an occasional outside music venue very close by. However, despite the noise, I don't feel that I can fault the hotel for this issue - the rest of our stay was really quiet.

The hotel is pretty classy for a 3 star hotel - there was free wireless internet access which was speedy, you could plug a myriad of devices into the TV should you so choose (e.g. laptop, games console, video cameras etc) - this could be a good way of entertaining kids in the evenings if you bring along their Wii or XBox console. The pool was clean and towels were provided. The free continental breakfast was OK, though nothing to write home about.

The location is great for Busch Gardens - about 5 minutes drive away. You do need to drive because the entrance to the park is the other side of the block and across some pretty busy roads. I think the hotel offers a shuttle service, but we didn't take advantage of it. There are a few chain-type restarants within walking distance of the hotel, and many more close by in the car.

The rooms would be good value for a family as there is a sofa bed in each room. Stay here for relative luxury and proximity to Busch Gardens and I imagine that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank LMC_77
Reviewed 17 May 2008

We stayed for 7 days, to be near the hospital as we were visiting a relative. The hotel was clean, included a simple but nice cont. breakfast, free wireless internet, free apples all day (kids liked that) The pool was nice and heated although outdoors. Bush Gardens.. about 2m away...
We booked using Priceline, and got it for about 75% off the published rate.. no lie... so it was very reasonable.

The rooms were very modern, and had a 42" plasma tv that has all the connections for a video game/dvd/computer...way cool.

The staff was fantastic, always asking how our relative was at the hospital, and went out of their way to make the stay comfortable for us (and others as we discovered).

I would say this is a great 3 star hotel, with great service, nice and clean, and would come here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2008

You have no reason not to stay here. Hyatt Place may not look like much when you pull in from the road but once you get close you realize that is a very nice place. Extremely clean, Complimentary breakfast, 42" Flat Screen TV in room, nice & cozy. Very cool and modern looking as well. The bed wasn't the most comfortable in the world but not bad either. The shower head was a little on the weak side too but everything else was so nice that it didn't really matter or inconvenience us.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business