Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
1,057 results
All reviewsbusch gardensbush gardensfree breakfastadventure islandstarbucks coffeespacious roommoffitt cancer centersitting areathe breakfast areayogurttwo double bedsshuttle servicefree shuttlemini fridgewould stay here againhot breakfastvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night mid-june whilst visiting busch gardens. We arrived early at the hotel and they were able to get us both rooms we had booked way before check-in time which was great so we could get straight to the park. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Hotel is situated 5 mins from busch gardens, and there a quite a few restaurants nearby, including a TGI's within walking distance. Had lunch at hotel, they do a good selection and also sell starbucks. Breakfast came with package, and there was plenty to choose from but it gets quite hectic.

We were very pleased with both rooms, spacious good interior, including a large bed, desk, large sofa and tv. Bathroom was a bit small, but size of room made up for it. Both parts were very clean.

There is a pool outside which could have done with a quick clean, but decent sized. Free parking, and free internet access. Only other thing we could have wanted was a shuttle to the park, but with it being so close this wasnt a problem.

The price of the hotel was great and we would definatly recommend and use again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2008

The positive is that it is close to Busch Gardens so I guess this is convenient for those going to Busch Gardens.

I found it a little too simplistic for my tastes. The room was okay, the bathroom extremely small; reminded me of a bathroom on a cruise ship. I also don't believe that the housekeeping staff did the best job that they could do. The room was clean but there was evidence that they did not pay attention to detail, as I found little things that were quite obviously trash and left by accident, remained in place until I threw them out (like little pieces of tissue; -- insignificant but symptomatic of a larger problem?) And, we had to call for towels on the evening just before the sink backed-up, causing us to have to change rooms. The room change was handled efficiently by the staff, however.

The rest of the staff was very pleasant.

Based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, I had high expectations, not necessarily of a luxurious stay, but of one a little more than functional. I guess Hyatt Place is just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JustsaygoNy
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Have just come back from this hotel as part of our honeymoon in Florida, here are our positive points on this hotel:

1) Spacious room with large flat screen TV/kitchen area/sofa area/separate bathroom.
2) Very comfortable BIG bed!
3) All amenities/internet access on site/starbucks/free complimentary breakfast.
4) Outdoor pool area
5) Staff very polite, always welcomed us on arrival into the hotel, helpful and cheerful.
6) Great location for Busch gardens/Adventure island (water park)/shops and malls in close proximity(walmart/target etc) plenty of food chains and diners nearby.

Negatives:

1) Very busy sat/sun with families (was memorial day weekend so people off work) could'nt get to the breakfast area so grabbed a banana and tea and went back to the room,very hectic!
2) Room wasn't cleaned on 2 occasions, kept getting missed!

This hotel was comfotable,clean and good sized rooms, an ideal base for our 1st week in the west coast of florida to visit attractions as planned, very pleased would reccomend to all.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2008

This is the second Hyatt Place I have stayed at. It was a good experence. The rooms are always the same. BIG TV and comfortable sitting area. Bed is comfortable. Tub is strange in that the bottom is kind of curved in the middle???? The breakfast was easy to get something to take back to the room. I still do not understand the order process; when I checked in the girl told me it was included but then I saw a menu with prices in the morning. I picked up a muffin, fruit and cereal ...it was fine. They have starbucks coffee also. Like I have sayed this was my second experence with Hyatt Place (one in Birmingham and this one) and they are exactly the same. The girl checking me in said that was the point and I could expect that everywhere. WIth that in mind I am sure I will continue to seek these out with future travel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2008

What a hotwire deal $45.00 I wish I would of just stayed here for my whole vacation but Our Last night it was worth it. As with all the Other reviews the room was awesome the staff is outstanding we had a room with a bad AC and we were moved to another room and the staff was super courteous.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple