“Nice comfortable and clean stay”

Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ranked #26 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My family stayed here about two weeks ago. I have two teenagers. They were very impressed with the flat screen TV and couch area, and my husband and I loved the large King bed and the nice linens. This hotel was clean and very comfortable and roomy. The breakfast was average, the internet computers had good access. My only complaint was that the toilet was leaking so I had to keep the door to the bathroom shut all night. I value a clean hotel room.... and this room was clean and comfotable. We had a good nights rest.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Busch Gardens

Reviewed 6 August 2008

I wish I could write a good review of the Hyatt Place Busch Gardens since this was the place that started off our 7 day trip to Florida. Unfortunately, I found the hotel room extremely damp. The pillows felt wet, our clothes in our suitcases had to be hung out to dry when we arrived at our next hotel. The carpet felt spongy, wet. My husband and I used the lobby bathrooms one morning and couldn't believe how dirty they were, as if they hadn't been cleaned in a few days. No toilet paper. The glass case where the muffins and cookies were full of finger prints and grime. The pool area wasn't used at all in our two day stay and that says a lot. It is in the back of the hotel, and had stuff floating in it. Two positives that I do have to say are that the decor was neat and the free breakfasts were nice.
However, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We chose this hotel because it was in close proximity to Moffitt Cancer Center and, also, had a financial agreement with Moffitt to provide better rates for patients. We were very surprised to find such a spacious room with a large sitting area, king size bedroom, a 42" plasma TV, refrigerator, micro, and two sinks, one with a very large marble vanity. It had recently switched ownership from AmeriSuites to Hyatt and the upgrades were obvious. The pillowtop mattress, multiple pillows and lovely linens added to the luxurious feel of the mini-suite. We thought that, the courtesy of the staff ,along with the ambience, were enough to please the most discerning traveler but an extra bonus was the Sarbucks across the street. We would not hesitate to stay here again and look forward to our next visit to Tampa!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2008

My 8 year old son and I stayed here for 2 nights in Mid July.
Everything was great.
Are trip purpose was to visit Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and go to a Devil Rays game and for all of that; this hotel was perfect in every way.
This hotel is a 5minute drive to either Busch Gardens or Adventure Island-very easy drive.
The room was clean, roomy and the beds very comfortable.
The pool area was large and also very clean.
The breakfast area was clean and the continental breakfast was good.
Most important-the Hyatt team of employees were all friendly, smiling and willing to offer any help needed.
You will enjoy your stay at this Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night mid-june whilst visiting busch gardens. We arrived early at the hotel and they were able to get us both rooms we had booked way before check-in time which was great so we could get straight to the park. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Hotel is situated 5 mins from busch gardens, and there a quite a few restaurants nearby, including a TGI's within walking distance. Had lunch at hotel, they do a good selection and also sell starbucks. Breakfast came with package, and there was plenty to choose from but it gets quite hectic.

We were very pleased with both rooms, spacious good interior, including a large bed, desk, large sofa and tv. Bathroom was a bit small, but size of room made up for it. Both parts were very clean.

There is a pool outside which could have done with a quick clean, but decent sized. Free parking, and free internet access. Only other thing we could have wanted was a shuttle to the park, but with it being so close this wasnt a problem.

The price of the hotel was great and we would definatly recommend and use again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2008

The positive is that it is close to Busch Gardens so I guess this is convenient for those going to Busch Gardens.

I found it a little too simplistic for my tastes. The room was okay, the bathroom extremely small; reminded me of a bathroom on a cruise ship. I also don't believe that the housekeeping staff did the best job that they could do. The room was clean but there was evidence that they did not pay attention to detail, as I found little things that were quite obviously trash and left by accident, remained in place until I threw them out (like little pieces of tissue; -- insignificant but symptomatic of a larger problem?) And, we had to call for towels on the evening just before the sink backed-up, causing us to have to change rooms. The room change was handled efficiently by the staff, however.

The rest of the staff was very pleasant.

Based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, I had high expectations, not necessarily of a luxurious stay, but of one a little more than functional. I guess Hyatt Place is just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JustsaygoNy
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Have just come back from this hotel as part of our honeymoon in Florida, here are our positive points on this hotel:

1) Spacious room with large flat screen TV/kitchen area/sofa area/separate bathroom.
2) Very comfortable BIG bed!
3) All amenities/internet access on site/starbucks/free complimentary breakfast.
4) Outdoor pool area
5) Staff very polite, always welcomed us on arrival into the hotel, helpful and cheerful.
6) Great location for Busch gardens/Adventure island (water park)/shops and malls in close proximity(walmart/target etc) plenty of food chains and diners nearby.

Negatives:

1) Very busy sat/sun with families (was memorial day weekend so people off work) could'nt get to the breakfast area so grabbed a banana and tea and went back to the room,very hectic!
2) Room wasn't cleaned on 2 occasions, kept getting missed!

This hotel was comfotable,clean and good sized rooms, an ideal base for our 1st week in the west coast of florida to visit attractions as planned, very pleased would reccomend to all.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple