“Almost perfect!”

Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ranked #24 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Nice place in a good location. My only real complaint is no microwave in the room. I went downstairs for breakfast and brought it back up to my room. Good food but not my omelette was still cold inside. Would have been really nice to have a microwave. I am a business traveler, frequently arrive late at night. I'm accustomed to being able to heat a can of soup or microwave some popcorn since restaurants are typically closed. They have a microwave available downstairs, it's just not very convenient. Nice roomy rooms, great shower, good tv but not many channels. Restaurant is more of a nuke and serve but plenty of good places to eat in the daytime and evening. Free shuttle to the parks is a nice amenity as well. I give it a four point five.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Anladee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is the second time my family of three has stayed at this hotel. I love it for several reasons. 1. Value - The rates are wonderful, heated pool, breakfast is included (and very good), and they offer a free shuttle to the parks. That's a lot of bang for your buck 2. Rooms - They are updating the rooms right now and they are perfect for our family. Comfy beds on one side of a small divider and a little living room with a couch, mini fridge and sink on the other. It's ideal when you want to put the kids to bed but the adults want to stay up later. In most hotel rooms you feel like you're on top of each other, but these really offer a lot more space. 3. Staff - The staff is always polite, always helpful and the place is always clean. This is and will continue to be my go-to hotel for a weekend getaway in Tampa.

2  Thank asraigrrl
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt place during our visit to Bush Gardens. It is very close to the park and to area restaurants. The hotel has been in service for 8 years under the Hyatt Place Name and standard. It was in the middle on a non intrusive refresh. The renovation staff had one elevator and the guest had the other during working hours. We stayed on a brand new all room at the top floor and it was nice and new. It is a Hyatt Place, recently refreshed very close to Bush Garden and USF. What more can you say.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband had a business trip in Tampa recently. The three of us, myself, husband and 2 1/2 year old joined him. We stayed for 3 nights. Upon check in, Michael was very kind, very knowledgable and professional. He gave us a quick tour of the dining area, bar and pool. We were told that they were still undergoing some renovations to upgrade the hotel and we may hear some construction going on between the hours of 9 am - 6 pm. We did not hear a thing. We were given a room on the 5th floor which has been completely renovated about two weeks prior to our stay.

Upon walking into the room, I was very pleased. It was clean, modern and loved the layout. The carpet is brand new, everything was brand new and the flat panel TV is a large size. The room does lack a microwave. However, you can go down to the lobby to use the microwave.

The bathroom is very small. It has what you need in there, a toilet and shower. Outside is the sink and vanity. So, that's fine. My husband who is an architect by trade did mention a couple of design flaws that I would not have noticed. The bathroom door is too large for the bathroom as it's quite small. The faucet in the sink is too small and placed in the wrong position.

We had a pool view. Which was nice. Unfortunately, our room was right next to the ice vending machine. The first night I did not hear too much of the ice being dispensed from the vending machine, but as the remainder of our stay went on, It started to become quite an annoyance to keep hearing people get their ice. Not a big deal really. My son slept through it and my husband did as well. I just put in my ear plugs.

The last night there was a noisy group on our floor or above our room. They were loud, yelling, banging things, sounded like they were moving around furniture or something and music was loud. I had to call the front desk to complain.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay there. It was new, clean and modern. The staff was very nice and professional except for one young girl. As I checked out with my toddler (my husband was still in his meeting) I was telling my son to stop touching things in their cooler. I had a long day and I had some bags to carry out to the car as well. I was really exhausted. The young girl. I think her name is Ashley. Not sure. She heard me telling my son "Don't touch that" and she has the nerve to say to me "You really should not tell him that, because that is just going to want to make him want to do it more. You should tell him to look at something else." I was in shock that this young twit would tell me how to parent my child! I just gave her a quick look and told her "I usually am very good at redirecting my son, but I have had a long day chasing him around and I am about done."
She had some nerve. I don't even think she has children and even if she does, she should mind her own business. Anyway, other than that little girl trying to tell me how to speak to my child, we had a good experience.

The breakfast is served from 6:30am to 9:30am and is quite good. There is hot food as well as fruits and Starbucks coffee! There was a man there by the name of Jonathan who went above and beyond each morning and warmed up my son's milk for me. He was very sweet.

There is a park close by called "Hampton Park" off Tampa Palms Blvd on the right. It's a great little park to take your little ones if you need to travel with them. We also visited the Florida Aquarium. We paid extra for the Penguin encounter. It was well worth it. Very pricey though.

Over all, loved this hotel. I highly recommend it! I left off one star only because of the young girl who needs to mind her business.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Ice vending Machine rooms.
2  Thank FuttureMrsFranchino
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very helpful staff, pool stays open late,clean enough. Best option for Busch Gardens. Continental Breakfast was fine. The rooms all have fold out couch which is great for extra family members. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angie S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed here once before and each time we found the service to be excellent. The staff are courteous and helpful with directions, food preparation and local information. The hotel is located in a funky spot behind a restaurant and easy to miss when driving by but it is a perfect spot for Busch Gardens visitors or visiting our daughter at the University (USF). It is priced right and the rooms are nicely appointed.

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tresun
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights before our cruise and although this area is a little busy with traffic noise the hotel itself is immaculate. The staff were so accommodating and you never felt that you were putting them out. They offer a free shuttle service which went over and above in terms of service. The rooms are very large with excellent facilities. The staff here really are good and make this hotel worth staying at.

• Stayed: March 2014