“Good hotel with excellent service”

Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Ranked #57 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Brandon, Florida
“Good hotel with excellent service”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Nice maintained older hotel. Nothing fashionable or luxe, but clean and quiet. Very helpful and attentive staff provides excellent service. Location is rather average - one has to drive to any sightseeing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The only "problems" we had were in the bathroom. The door is always in the way with the way it is positioned and the tubs were VERY slippery. We felt that was a safety hazard and if we weren't very careful moving around and getting in and out, we would slip and fall. Perhaps a mat in the tub would be helpful. The bar on the wall was helpful...I would have fallen had it not been there, but that may not always be the case.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

tampa bay florida
Reviewed 13 December 2013

i really enjoyed myself at this property and it was very affordable and the staff was amazing and very helpful. i made a mistake and book it untill sunday when i realize my plane didnt leave until monday they fixed the problem and kept my room at the fixed rate without any trouble

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This Hampton Inn has most of the amenities of all Hampton Inns. It is a little older and somewhat shopworn. The staff if friendly and had no problem checking in early for my one night stay related to a class I was taking in the area. I chose this hotel as it was close to my classroom and somewhat cheaper in price than the venue for the class. It serves a full breakfast and the coffee if pretty good (something important to me). What struck me as I exited the elevator on my floor (3rd floor) was the smell of cigarette smoke - ich. The carpeting looked new and the rooms on this floor were non-smoking so someone was clearly cheating - either the guests or the staff, as there was a laundry on this floor as well.

My room was quiet and had a desk which was essential to me in order to study that night. BUT, wow the lighting was terrible. The window was small and recessed so that the light from it was minimized but the room was so poorly lit I was worried that I couldn't study in the room. I did but could have used a better light source above the desk. This establishment came no where close to being as nice as the Hampton Inn we just stayed in in Tilton, NH over Thanksgiving week.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom serviceable.

If you are looking for a little style in your room and a nice smelling room, don't stay here. if you are not fussy, and don't intend to spend a lot of time in the room - this will be a good choice. There are many other hotels in the area if you want some additional choices.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
michigan
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great rooms ! Clean and very comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly. I was planning on a late check out but I slept so well that I was up and out of there quite early. Taxi to the casino was on $15. Had a fun stay on my way to Florida. Will do it again. Great coffee too !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Although I don't go to the nearby casino it is close, friendly check in workers, decent hot tub, decent breakfast - easy to get to off I-4

Biggest issue with the hotel - hotel walls seem thin - at times can hear people in other rooms - but possibly more of a casino issue - if the guests got lucky they are a bit louder.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Lizzard loose in the room. I had to remove it myself. I was told it goes with stay on the first floor. TV only worked on HBO. I was told I could set in the lobby and watch TV if I wanted something other than HBO. Room key was cancelled on the first of 2 nights. I asked why and the clerk just tossed the new keys on the counter. The way I was treated was very unprofessionally. Down right rude at times. The hotel is very nice but our stay there was anything but.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kristy U, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hampton Inn Tampa Brandon. I do wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit.
I am sorry that there was a lizard in your room and the staff did not offer to remove it from your room.
I also apologize for the HBO not working, we have contacted our cable provider, this issue has been resolved, I am sorry it was not working properly when you were here with us.
Lastly I would like to say how sorry I am for the attitude of the team member that you spoke to. This is very inappropriate, we do value and appreciate all of our guests and expect our staff to treat every guest with the utmost respect and urgency to any concerns they may have. I understand this was not the case. We have taken care of this issue internally, thank you for letting us know about this as well.
I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention so we can get them resolved. I hope these issues don't deter you from staying with us in the future! We truly do value you and hope you return!
Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#79 of 163 in Tampa
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!