“A not so great choice....”

Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport
Ranked #51 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
VA
“A not so great choice....”
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I stayed at this hotel for business and it was not so great. The only reason I chose it was for convenience; however, now I wish that I had shelled out a few more $ for a nicer hotel. Upon arrival the staff was very nice and had my room ready; however, the room did not feel clean. The carpet felt sticky, the bathroom look worn, the room was cramped and it was very humid. There was a humidifier; however, it was old and noisy. The electrical outlets were placed in areas that I almost could not get too without rearanging the room. All in all, this hotel needs a major face lift. I will not stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty, dirty, dirty!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank BankTravelingMan
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We have made many upgrades since your stay, and we have a very clean and well maintained hotel. One should never feel like they are staying in a dirty room. Our housekeeping staff is top notch, and I hope you return to stay with us again to see for your self. We are alsoabout to begin our renovation, and when we are done, this will look like a brand new hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Florida, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my mom for a week while she had laser surgery at the Laser Spine Institute right down the street. Erica, the front desk manager, and her staff accomodated our every need. The maids wouldn't even pick up our tips after they discovered why we were there. The rooms were standard fare but were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast afforded in the lobby was great and if I had a problem with the public computer in the lobby, Erica did not hesitate to help me. It's true the pool is small but I had it to myself everytime I wanted to use it. One of the maids told me that guests there had privileges to use the pool at the next door Holiday Inn, but that one wasn't any bigger. There is no onsite dining except for breakfast, but the Bahama Breeze, two doors down is a great restaurant. I used the guest laundry on the second floor which was a great amenity and kept clean. I would stay here again if I needed to go to Tampa.

• Liked — The helpfulness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel.
  • Disliked — I didn't really dislike anything.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nancy V, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future when you are traveling in the Tampa Bay area.
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 18 October 2007

The rooms are ok (pretty standard) and they have a very little swimmingpool. I told the manager that the internet was not working and that there was a plumbing issue with the bathroom sink (made a terrible noise every time my neighbors used the bathroom), and suddenly found myself arguing with the manager whether these was a real issue. The internet connection sucked - even when I used their ethernet connection. Plumbing problems that wake you up every time your neighbors use the bathrooms are definitely real, and she just wouldn't agree that these were real issues. Not a whole lot of customer service and friendliness.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
I am so sorry that anyone would have to have the kind of experience that you did. There is no excuse for management to argue with a guest about what constitutes a problem. Someone from the maintenance department should have been dispatched to your room to investigate. I also apologize for any trouble you had in connecting to our wireless. It is very unusual, and we try to help however we can to get you connected. I do hope you will stay with us in the future so you can see that what you experienced is not reflective of how this hotel runs.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 25 September 2007

This hotel has been recently remodeled. We booked several rooms for a family wedding. I stopped by the hotel several times ahead of the event. The rooms were very nice and clean. The beds very comfortable. The desk staff and housekeeping were always friendly and helpful. Rocky Point is the best location in Tampa for the water view (Tampa Bay), and also allows a good proximity to both Tampa and Clearwater. We were able to take guests to Clearwater Beach, and still have a reasonable driving distance to the wedding in north Tampa. They have a full, hot breakfast. It is an excellent choice at a resonable price. Ben T Davis beach is right across the road. I highly reccommend it!!

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank broadcaster1
Indiana
Reviewed 8 March 2007

Hampton Inns are really inconsistent and we try and stay @ Marriotts, but this Hampton was a nice surprise. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed @ this hotel one night before a really early flight out of Tampa the next morning and the location was great for that. However, we are staying @ Marriotts whenever possible due to their smoke free environment and all those displaced smokers are migrating to Hiltons!

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank afrequentguest
Janesville, WI
Reviewed 15 January 2007

I wish we had stayed here during our whole vacation in Tampa-St. Petes. It is modern, up to date and very nicely decorated. Immaculate condition through out. Our rooms furnishings were as nice as any at a much more expensive hotel. The area is very nice. The Bahama Breeze Restaurant is right next door and it is piece of the Carribean, wonderful atmosphere and delicious food. All in all, we were very pleased. If you are going to This area, this Hampton is located right off the Causeway between Tampa and St. Petersburg, within minutes of both airports.

• Liked — The overall condition and quality of decor.
  • Disliked — Nice pool, but on the small size.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WIAnn
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2005

Bad Hotel. Old beds, slow elevator and bad continental breakfast. Stayed here twice and will not do it again.

Stayed October 2005
5 Thank Rzknow
Since your stay, the hotel has all new beds and we will be undergoing a complete renovation in the next few months. We no longer have continental breakfast, and now serve eggs, bacon, sauage ond other wonderful hot items. I hope you will come back and stay with us to see all of the great changes that are being made.