“RE: “very unprofessional front desk””

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“RE: “very unprofessional front desk””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I am writing expressly to respond to the review below written by thomas m, Tamarindo, Costa Rica, because such an inaccurate assessment shouldn't be allowed to tilt the perception of this carefully run property, which is a great value.

I live in Virginia, but I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times for business. The employees are always professional and appropriate. Mary is never rude; she is succinct and business-like. I am most appreciative that she does not clown around, but treats guests like adults, ensuring that their bills are correct. I have also found her to be most helpful if guidance or assistance is needed. Her professional courtesy is well defined--and very much appreciated.

I suspect that Thomas's erroneous perception is a product of cultural difference. Notwithstanding its origin, his assessment is both incorrect and childish.

Room Tip: For the money, this hotel just can't be beat.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visits to Tampa.

Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention from Mary at our front desk.

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Tampa!

Heather Fogle, General Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

i stayed at this hotel on 9/3 and again on the 9th and dealing with the lady at the front desk mary is very rude with an attitude. any time i would call her from my room or when i checked out i felt like i was bothering her. if you are going to have someone working at your hotel they need to listen to the guests. i will never stay at this hampton again. i dont care how long she has been working there she needs to loooooooooose the attitude with people!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank thomas m
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I know other readers take cues from guests like you.

We appreciate the comments you have shared with us. I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while in Tampa.

Please give us another chance. We would love the opportunity to dazzle you and show you what a great hotel we have.

Thanks,
Heather Fogle, General Manager
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have a family member being treated at Moffitt Cancer Center and this was the BEST hotel I stayed in. I visited two other hotels and they can't hold a candle to the service and value of this hotel.

The room was great and just what we needed. We had a separate bedroom with two beds, TV and a chair. The other room had a small kitchen with a bar, bar stools, microwave, cook top, sink, dishwasher and a refrigerator. The sitting area right off the kitchen had a desk, sofa, chair and a TV. This was the perfect set up for a long stay and I highly recommend it to Moffitt patients and families visiting the area for fun.

Andreas, Lilly and Mary at the front desk are the most accommodating hotel staff and will really work with you to make you happy. Lori and Pam are the best at getting the breakfast out and having it taste great. I spoke to Pam every morning and she is a jewel. They also have beer, wine and light food in the evenings Monday through Thursday and this was so nice after a long day at the hospital. The food was really good here and if something is tasty you better get in line because some people are pigs and they only have so much.

Sarah, the beer girl, is a little sensitive about her keg, so please pour from the pitcher, especially if your a girl. The men didn't have a problem and they advised me to get my own and when I did, she was not happy with me. I noticed a cute little sign after we had a chat that requests you get your beer from the pitcher. I sure would have liked to have been offered a beer in the can like the boys, my mother told me this happened after I left, but this is really insignificant as I can purchase my own beer. I would advise management to ease up on the keg pouring and let ALL the guest know they can get beer in a can, not just the men. If management is guiding Sarah in her actions you owe her an apology, if not you owe her a new set of rules. As I said, this is really insignificant.

The lady that worked the grounds in the mornings does a wonderful job. I don't know her name but she has two long braids and wears a hat. The grounds are beautiful and she does a great job keeping them that way.

I would chose this Hampton to stay in again and again. I stayed at the Courtyard and the Fairfield which are in the area due to free rooms with points and transportation issues and the Hampton is the BEST.

I would like to thank the staff for the wonderful service that we received and the management for putting a great team together. If you are going to Tampa I would advise you to stay here. It is the best place for great service, great food and a great price.

4 Thank bama08
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear bama08,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your experiences at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you received great service from our co-workers. We like knowing that our guests feel we are a “the best stay out of three visits to the area!”

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa- North in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Heather
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our family of 5 arrived Friday evening and was checked in within minutes of walking in the front doors. We had originally asked for the king with sofa room but went into a 2 double bed room. So we asked for a role away and on was delivered soon there after. We enjoyed the complimentary bag of popcorn so much and wanted to purchase an additonal one but they gave it to us instead! We found everything clean and comfortable. The breakfast was perfect. On our check out Monday morning my husband tried his had at the waffle maker and had a little difficulty, unfortunately we overheard Lori the hostess grumbling about people not cleaning up their own mess. He simply hadn't been able to get some leftover cooked waffle off the top half because it was hot! We were there to visit Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. We had originally planned to take the shuttle but drove ourselves instead because it seemed to run a bit behind scheduled pick up times. Not a deal breaker for us though. This was part of a vacation package purchased through Busch Gardens and the value was very good. Overall we would stay at Hampton Inn and Suites again and recommend it to others as well!

1 Thank mandabekasaral
Thanks so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Tampa and Busch Gardens! We appreciate the comments you have shared!

We look forward to seeing you again at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North!

Best Regards,

Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite with our two teenage daughters. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and layout of the suite. It had a small kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator/freezer (with an icemaker), dishwasher, stove. There was a very limited amount of dishes & glassware, but we didn't cook or eat in, so it was sufficient for us. The bathroom was outside the master bedroom, convenient to everyone without disrupting anyone.

The hotel has a "reception" at 5:30 during the week with enough food to make it a light dinner. We had hamburgers wish sides one night and tacos another night. It was a pleasant "bonus". The breakfast was not cooked to order or extensive, but there was always two hot items, a waffle station, pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, etc. There is always hot coffee and fresh baked cookies in the lobby.

The biggest bonus to this hotel was the free shuttle service they offered. They had a 7-passenger van at our disposal for transportation to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and other local attractions (Hard Rock casino). Other hotels we've stayed at while going to amusement parks offered a shuttle van with pre-scheduled times of departure and pick up. This van was available throughout the day. We used it several times a day to come and go. The hotel is probably about 15 minutes from Busch Gardens, so this was a HUGE benefit.

The pool was somewhat small and there was no spa, but we were so busy with the theme parks, we didn't really use it other than one night. It was clean with plenty of lounge chairs.

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and efficient. We would highly recommend this hotel to families looking for a nice hotel at a great value.

2 Thank 4inFlorida
Thank you for your review of our hotel in Tampa, Florida. We certainly appreciate the time you took out of your day to write it!

I was glad to hear that our rooms were clean and comfortable, our team gave you great service, you had a great breakfast, and you enjoyed our evening reception and shuttle! We like hearing those kind words.

Once again we are so glad you picked the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Sebastian, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I have stayed at other Hamptons and always found them to be very nice. We are nonsmokers and had to get a smoking room (there were no nonsmoking suites available). I have stayed in smoking rooms in the past. If any odor persists after cleaning it's usually a light odor that is tolerable and typically dissipates by evening. I presume that's from the previous guest smoking in the room right before checking out and we arrive early for check in. However, this suite smelled like a night club! Rancid heavy smoke smell. We were on the 4th floor and the entire floor smelled like a smokers lounge. We arrived late evening (7ish) for check in. I notified the front desk right away, they sent up someone with a ionizing machine. We left for dinner and hoped the machine would help eliminate the smoke smell by the time we retuned. Just in case while we were out I bout some odor neutralizer one spray and one solid style. Upon returning the machine was off, my husband looked at it and found it was on a timer (which they never gave us any instruction on the machine). We turned it back on and I sprayed the neutralizer and opened the solid. I again notified the front desk. Not much they could do... Later I had to go down to the lobby for something and the clerk advised me he had been up on our floor and apologized as the whole floor did have a heavy smoking smell. He would see what else could be done tomorrow. We were off to Busch Gardens the entire next day/. If anything more had been done - it didn't help! The room still smelled like stale rancid smoke and of course we smelled like it after being in the room for any extended amount of time.
Other negatives: pool was closed (green) - glad we weren't planning on using much. The kids were disappointed. Our friends went with and had several problems with there room as well and were moved twice. First room toilet was broken, Second room was smoking (ashtrays in room) clerk said it was a nonsmoking (smelled just as bad as ours!) Third and final room bathroom door was broken and once closed wouldn't open. My friend found this out at about 3 am and had to go to the lobby to use the restroom in her pj's.
Positives: most of the staff was polite and friendly. The breakfast was good with plenty of food and choices. If you don't like to wait in line get there early seems like everyone wants breakfast around 9. The actual hotel it's self looks very nice & clean.
We will not stay at this hotel again when we go back to Bush Gardens. Will possibly consider staying at Hampton's again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Thanks,
Heather Fogle, General Manager
deerfield beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

i had a wonderful time at this hotel they have great service,a wonderful continental breakfast. clean rooms and the best part a free shuttle bus that takes you to bush gardens for free.this is the only hotel that i will come to if i am anywhere in tampa.they have won over my service if your going to spend time and money this is the best place to do it at.....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple