“Find another hotel”

Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Paramus, New Jersey
“Find another hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here 3 nights, we prepaid through Busch Gardens website and were VERY disappointed. The hotel is very dark inside, needs major updating, and has a sign on the inside of the door that says don't open this door for strangers. It has a free breakfast which is nice, but one day we were a little coming down stairs for it and they were taking away items while we were trying to fill our plates. I have stayed at several Hampton Inns and this is probably the worst one.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mom2twokids
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our entire hotel. We have addressed our staff in regards to the breakfast situation, and again we apologize for the inconveniences. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
tampa, fl
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed here with 5 other people because we had a class for 3 days and it's always a great experience. The whole staff always make sure that we have everything we need not only in our rooms but also during our meetings. The ladies at the breakfast & dinner time are always very friendly even @ 6am. I work for a restaurant and customer service is very important and they definitely take customer service to the extreme. This hotel is our go to place for every meeting not only because it's the most centralized, but also because we know that they will deliver excellent service.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed in a two room suite while visiting Busch Gardens. The room was very clean and well maintained (showing a little wear but not too bad). The Hotel is located in a nice wooded area, close to the park. I would stay here again.

Grovetown Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed here for several nights while we visited relatives in the area. Hotel is located close to I-75 on a quiet street. Parking is plentiful, and many stores and restaurants are a short drive away. We did not try the breakfast because it seemed crowded and busy, so we chose a nearby restaurant instead. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly. The bathroom fan was annoying because it was loud and came on every time the light was turned on. The wall unit a/c did not keep the room consistently cool during the night. Other than those two problems, our stay here was pleasant.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I am a loyal HHonors Silver member just a stay or two shy of going Gold and pulled in at this Hampton after deciding to add an impromptu trip to Busch Gardens onto my stay in the area. The location is in a business park and within 5 miles of Busch Gardens and appeared clean and maintained. I was able to get a room right away and spent just enough time in the third floor room to give it the once over and drop my bags before heading back out for a day at Busch Gardens. Upon return however, everything took a nose dive. Within 5 minutes of settling in for the night, I discovered a lizard in the bathroom floor that ran out into the room and under the main room door and out into the hotel hallway. Acknowledging that I had observed several of these lizards on sidewalks throughout the city, I dismissed it since it had atleast fled my particular room. Now though, no sooner as I sat down on my bed, a spider was crawling across the bedspread. Though it was probably hilarious to hear me scream while whacking it to death with the tv remote, it was a big problem. I called the front desk and was told by the clerk that he couldn't offer a refund but would switch my room. I agreed, initially. However, in the 2 minutes it took me to hang up the phone, grab my purse and one suitcase and direct my teen to follow me back to the lobby, a third creepy crawly presented itself in the room. It was a red and black hard shelled something, possibly of the beetle variety, but mostly it was a deal breaker. When I got to the front desk, the clerk had my keys ready for a new room but I told him we were just checking out instead. He offered a 50% refund at this point even though there is a sign affixed to the counter plainly stating "If you aren't 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay." I obviously wan't satisfied and had only spent 20 minutes tops in the room total. I'm not confrontational at all though and took the 50% refund figuring I would just call the general manager the next day who would gladly refund the rest to my credit card or apply an equivalent amount of points to my HHonors account. I did make that call but I was sent to the gm's voicemail and she has yet to call me back. Go figure. I'm not burned on the Hilton brand overall but I will say this isn't my first issue with the Hampton line and I don't intend to honor brand loyalty anymore if a Hampton is the only Hilton brand option in an area I am needing to stay.

2 Thank 3DStiles
Milwaukee area
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My son & I stayed @the Hampton for 2nights mid July. I will say there isn't much as far as entertainment or restaurants in the area, but we just had flown into Tampa and were heading to Busch Gardens for the day before heading to Sarasota for rest of our trip. The hotel does provid shuttle Busch...(driver was super nice/down to earth **Hope your band lands a gig in the Chicago or MKE area!) so that was a plus..but as said not much dining options in area so we had a private car service take us to StoneWood Grill. It was well worth the $75 (plus tip) roundtrip ride! Mark McQueen you're the BEST!!!
The hotel is nothing fancy (we saved THAT for rest of our trip in Sarasota...that review to follow) But beds are comfy and room clean and comfortable...which is really all we cared about for 2nights. I did notice a 'funky' smell in room/hotel but that was probably just humidity which living in midwest I'm not use to. Another plus everyone at hotel was rather nice.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to Tampa.

Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention at the front desk and shuttle team.

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Tampa!

Heather Fogle, General Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We arrived to the hotel after 10pm on a Sunday night. The hotel parking area was dark and rather scary. Room was warm when we arrived. The bed was awful to say the least. It was lumpy and had a huge dent in the center of it. Also, the duvet cover and top sheets were clean, but the bottom sheets on both beds looked dirty. Breakfast was good in the morning. The pool needed to be cleaned as well, but the temperature was great! There are no towels out by the pool and you have to go through the dining room to get to the pool. (That means walking around the conference room and through the lobby in a swimsuit!!!!

2 Thank SheilaDBlau