“Surprisingley pleased”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Much to my surprise the overall staff and accommodations were superb. The most professional and accommodating staff in 25 years of staying at hotels.

I highly recommend this hotel for any business or pleasure lodging needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LeviSmith
Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 13 September 2012

After spending about eight hours on the road based on wrong directions, one can easily relate to the amount of stress my family and I were filled with.
However, things changed quickly when we finally arrived. Our receptionist, Corey, filled us in with the details of our stay, and answered our questions quickly.
Once we were set up, we were treated by another helpful employee. Her name was Nikole, I believe she was the only one in her department left. Her manners and friendly disposition really made us feel well treated. It was great to see her treat the other guests in the same manner as well.
A fantastic example of how great service and a friendly staff can switch the mood of a day!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank otapuriq
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My first week stay at the Tampa North Hampton Inn has been great. The room has been consistently clean and I've enjoyed hanging out in the lobby for their happy hour. Especially talking to Nikole, who is one of the best hostesses I've ever encountered. Every day after work she does an excellent job making sure myself and the rest of my party are enjoying ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I spent a week at this hotel. It was nothing fancy and its looks could use a little updating in some areas. The staff was the best I have ever experienced. Each day started with a nice hot breakfast bar cleaner than I've ever seen. The staff was always smiling, greeted me with a happy "good morning", and wished me a good day when I left, every day. Being on a business trip by myself it was very nice to come "home" to happy, welcoming people. Nikole was great as she interacted with all the guests in the evening like we were all good friends. Also, three days that week I received a note in my room from the housekeeper stating that she was glad I was there and hoped that I was enjoying my stay. I do not generally travel alone and this group of people helped to keep my home sickness at bay. Next time I am in Tampa this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank flags632
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I was on a business trip for work. I ended up at this hotel as a last minute thing. It turned out to be excellent. The staff catered to my every need. I want to thank Jen,Nikole,Pam and Mary for their wonderful service. The room was nice and clean!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am an HHonors members for years. I for myself had stayed many times in Hampton, but this is the WORST ever! My family we stayed here for a quick trip to Busch Gardens. When we arrived, I noticed there were a lot of parking space & it was late in the afternoon. The lobby floor looks very dirty the whole ambiance is NASTY! I felt dirty already, but we were exchausted from a long drive plus hungry. We had the suites I have 2 boys and 1 girl. Our room was in the 4th floor. BEWARE THIS FLOOR IS THE SMOKING ZONE. The housedmaid was pretending she just finished cleaning when we got to our room. But really she was just pretending, the truth is she was spraying the room & the hallway to eliminate the smoking smell. My son is Asthmatic & i myself had migraine. Immediately i requested to move to a different room...& the manager did accomodate me to another rooom & offer for a 50% refund. But i was so disgusted.!!! The following day the maid was with me in the elevator with the spray to eliminate the smoking smell...what a coincidence. OMG! The staff in the breakfast area emptying the trash can while you are eating. Not appetizing at all. The overall experience was horrible and NASTY. The entire hotel needed a major updating especially the furniture.

Room Tip: Do Not stay in the 4th floor. Warning it is the smoking zone. When you make the reservations they wi...
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank loverne s
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are actively looking for a permanent way to correct the smoke smell and we again apologize for the inconveniences. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Best Regards,
Heather

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We spent the first 2 nights of our vacation here. The location is convenient to everything around Tampa. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and attractive. We did not spend much time at the hotel as there is so much to do in the surrounding area. If I were to return to this part of FL I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple