“A pleasant stay in every way!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We could not have been more satisfied with our recent 6-night stay and our suite at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North. The members of the staff were courteous, friendly, and helpful. Our suite was spacious and clean. We had 6 adults in the suite, and we all slept well. The two adults who slept on the pull-out sofa said it was very comfortable! Having a full and furnished kitchen with a full-size refrigerator and microwave was a real plus. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of selections each morning. I have celiac disease and must eat gluten free, and there was always something there I could safely eat. The dinner hour buffet was an added bonus, and we enjoyed the convenience of being able to eat dinner there in the hotel. Lastly, I appreciated Pam Calhoun's cheerful greeting each morning and her helpfulness with my questions about gluten-free items. Would we stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here. So quiet. I never am able to sleep in hotels on my first night but did here!the rooms were immaculate and the staff nice. Only problem is weird layout and front desk didn't tell us which elevators to go to --odds and evens in diff places.
Breakfast was good. We were given a suite so great for family!
Location kinda remote but worth staying for all the plusses!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 February 2014

What a fantastic experience here. The place was gorgeous and the staff were fantastic.
The rooms were excellent and even the breakfast buffet was outstanding!
No reservation, just showed up on a whim and got a great room and perfect nights sleep.

Will be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The place was ok, employees ok, rooms were ok but not up to Hampton's that I have stayed in on other trips. The thing that got me was the PILLOWS they were 1/3 the size of any pillow I have used in the pass. 4 little pollows on this queen size bed. At midnight I had to go down to the front desk and ask for some pollows he gave me 3 regular size pillows that were as hard as a rock. I have to go back in two weeks but I will not be staying in this Hampton. If your going to be cheap on something the pillows would be the last thing I would pick.

1  Thank Rock61Rock
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We regret that the pillow sizes did not meet your needs and will keep your comments in mind as we look towards amenity improvements. We sincerely hope you'll give us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Loved it!!! Everything was GREAT!! The staff was very professional,friendly, and helpful in every way!! This is the first hotel I have every stayed at that served both breakfast and dinner!!! Tina E. always had a smile on her face whenever she greeted me!!! She went out of her way just to make sure that everything was just right!! The rooms also were very clean and neat!!! It was a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!! I will definitely stay here again!!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The room was smelly, the beds were not queen size, the bedding was lumpy from the coverlet to the mattress, there was dried up urine on the bathroom toilet. Didn't get any rest the entire time I stayed, as it felt so grungy just to be there. Don't stay here!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Pamela D
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for alerting us about the condition of your guest room. We sincerely apologize for the discomfort you encountered and are working to correct these issues with our staff. Your comments will help us ensure such missteps do not continue.

Kind regards,
Heather

A TripAdvisor Member
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel was listed by moffitt. My dad is a moffitt patient and the rooms were very nice and beds very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again and again. The breakfast and evening social meals were very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family